PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > General Windows Phone 7 Discussions

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2011, 04:19 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

deadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to deadwrong03 Send a message via MSN to deadwrong03 Send a message via Yahoo to deadwrong03 Send a message via Skype™ to deadwrong03
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (Windows Mobile; Opera Mini/5.1.21594/23.390; U; en) Presto/2.5.25 Version/10.54)

with the death of windows mobile , cdma launch of wp7 , and the iphone coming to verizon it opens alot of options for people like me who are due for an upgrade . Besides the lag and freezes i thoroughly enjoyed the freedom i had with Windows Mobile being able to download music on the go in rar files / zip files and everything and update my library on the go all without the use of a computer and being able to use my phone in mass storage mode on computers and things i know at the moment wp7 is limited in comparison and there are other platforms out there but im primarily interested in wp 7 .

But i was wondering with the promising upgrades coming and your experience with wp7 thus far how would u rank wp 7 iphone and android ? what are the pros and cons of each platform in comparison to each other ?

im 90 % confident im upgrading to wp 7 but i would like to hear more input from people who have used the other platforms

Last edited by deadwrong03; 03-04-2011 at 04:20 PM.
Old 03-04-2011, 04:24 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
Re: How Would You Rank Windows Phone 7 With The iPhone and Android?

not really a fair shake till cdma wp is out imo.
Old 03-04-2011, 05:33 PM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

Honestly it's not fair to compare WP7 at its current state, or even after the Mango update, with Android and iOS.

I have and use all operating systems and I really like all three.

I would not buy a WP7 phone right now over an iPhone 5 (coming soon) or an Android device, it is just too limited as far as apps and functionability go.

Don't get me wrong I love running WP7 on my phone, but in a couple of years when it is more polished I think would be the best time to get a WP7 phone, I could not, in good conscience, recommend someone spend a 2 yr upgrade and some cash on an OS that is still beta stages and will be so until a couple of years from now.

After the Mango update (NoDo doesn't really excite me) it will be really nice, more apps, multi-tasking, so maybe I could even see it for some people, but for right now and the foreseeable future I'd go Android or iPhone 5.

I actually rank them in this order.

Android 2.2+ > iOS4.3 > Windows Phone 7 > webOS > RIM > everything else.

as to your specific points,

WP7 does not and probably never will be able to be used as WP6.x and Android are, where you can mount an external drive (like a flash drive) or easily modify files or anything. It is actually more locked down that iOS is and the only reason you'd go for WP7 is because you're on Spring or Tmobile, or you want the bigger tiles and facebook integration with the cool transition animates and fluidity of WP7,

functionally speaking it lacks things that iOS and Android have out of the box such as tethering.
Old 03-04-2011, 06:06 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (WP7 Beta Tester: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows Phone OS 7.0; Trident/3.1; IEMobile/7.0; HTC; HD7))

Wp7 is off to a good start, but I wouldn't rank it....yet.
Old 03-07-2011, 01:37 PM
Exigent Circumstance
Pocket PC: LG - G2x // P999
Carrier: T-Mobile ™

info[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9630/5.0.0.1030 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/104)

Can't fairly rank it yet honestly. Just for conversation on the matter this is my thoughts.

Android and iOS isn't really my thing personally I enjoy it and its compelling can't really take anything from it. Basic windows functionality phone I'm comfortable with and its more my style. WP7 does has a way to go that's true, but the future is very bright.
Old 03-09-2011, 06:22 AM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangekid View Post
Honestly it's not fair to compare WP7 at its current state, or even after the Mango update, with Android and iOS.

I have and use all operating systems and I really like all three.

I would not buy a WP7 phone right now over an iPhone 5 (coming soon) or an Android device, it is just too limited as far as apps and functionability go.

Don't get me wrong I love running WP7 on my phone, but in a couple of years when it is more polished I think would be the best time to get a WP7 phone, I could not, in good conscience, recommend someone spend a 2 yr upgrade and some cash on an OS that is still beta stages and will be so until a couple of years from now.

After the Mango update (NoDo doesn't really excite me) it will be really nice, more apps, multi-tasking, so maybe I could even see it for some people, but for right now and the foreseeable future I'd go Android or iPhone 5.

I actually rank them in this order.

Android 2.2+ > iOS4.3 > Windows Phone 7 > webOS > RIM > everything else.

as to your specific points,

WP7 does not and probably never will be able to be used as WP6.x and Android are, where you can mount an external drive (like a flash drive) or easily modify files or anything. It is actually more locked down that iOS is and the only reason you'd go for WP7 is because you're on Spring or Tmobile, or you want the bigger tiles and facebook integration with the cool transition animates and fluidity of WP7,

functionally speaking it lacks things that iOS and Android have out of the box such as tethering.
this sounds like a ranking to me. how self contradictory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.8820 View Post
Wirelessly posted (WP7 Beta Tester: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows Phone OS 7.0; Trident/3.1; IEMobile/7.0; HTC; HD7))

Wp7 is off to a good start, but I wouldn't rank it....yet.
tell this to the fandroid and iFanboy and pundits out there who constantly preach that their virus ridden or other OS based on non original code is superior

Last edited by eric12341; 03-11-2011 at 04:39 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-10-2011, 05:48 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

El Mono is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

I remember the first time I saw an Android phone - I was a bit underwhelmed. It just lacks a certain finesse/aesthetic. I loved my Diamond (still think it's a great phone). Eventually I gave in, I now have a Galaxy S with 2.2.1 on it and really like the phone.
The iPhone is very nice but I'll "never" get one...
I decided to give WP7 a try. I got the 'Galaxy Esque' Focus. And I love it. I miss certain apps such as Lexicomp and Navigon. But the OS is so polished in some of the aesthetics that it makes Android look sloppy - in my very humble opinion. Everytime I switch back to my Android to update apps I cannot wait to get back to the Focus. For me there is no comparison. Obviously the experts here are more then welcome to disagree. I am looking forward to the updates and added functionality. But it is a nice start, especially for "beta" software.
Just my opinion, that is all.
El Mono

Last edited by El Mono; 03-10-2011 at 05:51 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-10-2011, 06:09 PM
I am a Patriot
Pocket PC: touchdiamond<treo800<touchpro<touchpro2<arrive<evo
Carrier: sprint

rrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIP
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Mono View Post
I remember the first time I saw an Android phone - I was a bit underwhelmed. It just lacks a certain finesse/aesthetic. I loved my Diamond (still think it's a great phone). Eventually I gave in, I now have a Galaxy S with 2.2.1 on it and really like the phone.
The iPhone is very nice but I'll "never" get one...
I decided to give WP7 a try. I got the 'Galaxy Esque' Focus. And I love it. I miss certain apps such as Lexicomp and Navigon. But the OS is so polished in some of the aesthetics that it makes Android look sloppy - in my very humble opinion. Everytime I switch back to my Android to update apps I cannot wait to get back to the Focus. For me there is no comparison. Obviously the experts here are more then welcome to disagree. I am looking forward to the updates and added functionality. But it is a nice start, especially for "beta" software.
Just my opinion, that is all.
El Mono

i'm glad u like ur device .. positive input is always welcomed in my book thanks for sharing ..

Last edited by rrjskj; 03-10-2011 at 06:12 PM.
Old 03-10-2011, 10:45 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

yea good feedback is nice too as it seems that this site among many others are all aiming for wp7 to fail
Old 03-10-2011, 11:34 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

eric as a ppcg member not a mod what was wrong about my post? i actually stuck up for wp7 and you still criticize me? dont forget i had a wp7 surround so i have more experience with wp7 than lots of people around here.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > General Windows Phone 7 Discussions