PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > General Windows Phone 7 Discussions
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2011, 04:53 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Wirelessly posted (WP7 Beta Tester: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows Phone OS 7.0; Trident/3.1; IEMobile/7.0; HTC; HD7))

I'll be home soon . I will say that if someone posted those speeds for an evo or epic, everyone would be saying how great sprints wimax is .
Old 03-14-2011, 05:20 PM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid
Re: How Would You Rank Windows Phone 7 With The iPhone and Android?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.8820 View Post
Wirelessly posted (WP7 Beta Tester: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows Phone OS 7.0; Trident/3.1; IEMobile/7.0; HTC; HD7))

I'll be home soon . I will say that if someone posted those speeds for an evo or epic, everyone would be saying how great sprints wimax is .
yeah but WiMax is actually capable of producing those speeds, as is HSPA+, neither of which any WP7 phone has the hardware to support.

Now if you wanna show me a MyTouch 4G at 25mbps then I'd believe that.
Old 03-14-2011, 05:48 PM
Account Disabled

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level

But why would I make that up? For as long as I've been here, I can't even get the benefit of just posting what I took a picture of lol? I responded to brown about no 4g wp7 phones and asked him to post his alleged 4g and then I would post my non 4g.... What you see is what i get .
Old 03-14-2011, 05:52 PM
Account Disabled

...and remember, my wife has an evo, I wouldn't have made that challenge if I knew I would come out looking bad !
Old 03-14-2011, 05:59 PM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

I don't see why you'd lie and I'm not saying you are, I was just under the impression that a 3G device was incapable of getting 25mbps down that's all, and have never heard of it doing that.
Old 03-14-2011, 06:07 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Motorola Startac --> your phone ---> HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

pjsnyc is keeping up the good workpjsnyc is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via ICQ to pjsnyc Send a message via AIM to pjsnyc Send a message via MSN to pjsnyc Send a message via Yahoo to pjsnyc Send a message via Skype™ to pjsnyc

I recently had a chance to play with a Dell Venue Pro. I must say - VERY VERY VERY VERY RESPONSIVE. I mean seriously - flicking stuff around never felt so instantaneous. Hard to explain.

So if you're in the market for a fluid UI and not much more (ie: 3rd party applications, though it is growing!), then WP7 is probably your best bet. In fact, I might consider a WP7 phone as my next one considering the Nokia hardware that is slated to come along with it.

But if you like tweaking your device to your hearts content, Android is probably your best bet for now. More form factors, huge hacking community in addition to the everyday 'Is it as good as an iPhone?' crowd.

As for iOS - Not that iOS doesn't have a wonderful community. I think iOS is a solid choice and has matured well beyond its first version. Buuuuut I think we all know you come to PPCGeeks for anything BUT iPhone advice :P
Old 03-14-2011, 06:09 PM
Account Disabled

Maybe the web pages are cached differently... I really don't know but I posted what mobilespeedtest.com gave me .
Old 03-14-2011, 06:32 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Motorola Startac --> your phone ---> HTC EVO

pjsnyc is keeping up the good workpjsnyc is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via ICQ to pjsnyc Send a message via AIM to pjsnyc Send a message via MSN to pjsnyc Send a message via Yahoo to pjsnyc Send a message via Skype™ to pjsnyc

Reading a few posts back - 25mbps is astonishing for any US carrier with any infrastructure at the moment (perhaps sans LTE, haven't tried it yet though).

Edit - These are averages, but I think you know what I mean.
http://www.mobilecrunch.com/2011/03/...-data-network/

Makes me wonder how it is that mobilespeedtest reported the 25mbps number. Though the obvious might be true - you have a magical unicorn phone.

Last edited by pjsnyc; 03-14-2011 at 06:47 PM.
Old 03-14-2011, 10:45 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownhornet View Post
No 4g, no FFC, small screens... what MS SHOULD'VE done is just wait until the OS was finished to put it out. It's not like they covered any more ground against the competition by putting it out before it was really ready. When they come out with a wp7 phone with a 4+ inch screen, FFC, 4G, a COMPLETE OS without a keyboard then ill start paying attention.
Well the HD7 does have a 4.3" screen..so I wouldn't exactly put that as the problem..

and M$ could not wait and longer..they already kinda waited too much as is...sure their battle is going to be a really uphill battle..but if they waited even half a year it would have been 2x harder..

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
i guess being unfair towards MS is ok because the rest of the press is doing it too.
Ive seen most of the press favor M$..so I know that is not the case..but at same time the press still chooses other devices...simply because eve though they like what M$ has done..they still prefer what they have now...there is nothing wrong with that..

Quote:
what are u gonna do now? delete this post,close this thread or ban me because i've just unmasked u? jajajja id love to see that happen.
Eric..you've been asked for something very simple...to STOP insulting people..thats all you've been asked..arguing why your platform is better is fine..but when you cross that line of insulting people is when we mods take issue..your not going to convince anyone your right by insulting them..

Quote:
and gten i asked for a source as to what code or part of code that MS used to make windows, not a list of everyone who contributed to linux.
I gave you a list to show that everyone is part of making linux...as for what part is hard due to everything being closed source..but to give an example of M$ stealing code in their products:

http://www.consortiuminfo.org/standa...91223075122254

And thats a 2nd time M$ stole code from them...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.8820 View Post

No reason to lie guys , if you'd like I'll take a video .
Well the thing is the 25mbps number is impossible..its beyond the specifications..wimax is capable of 70mbps for example..so there were cases of people getting 50mbps and etc...but HSPDU its completely impossible..its like fitting and elephant through a small tube, its not part of the specs to achieve such speeds....it might be cache or etc

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 03-15-2011, 12:11 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

well im done reading crap posted in here, no offense op and i apologize for others who keep posting crap in your thread. i just keep getting way to many pm's/reported posts.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > General Windows Phone 7 Discussions