PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > General Windows Phone 7 Discussions

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2011, 12:01 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG V10, iPhone 6 and Nokia ICON
Carrier: Verizon

DavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to DavidinCT Send a message via MSN to DavidinCT
Verizon Wireless Windows Phone 7 status (official release May 26th)

Edit: The thread here was renamed due to not being updated on 2/28 but, lots of rumors, go to the last page to see the most current update....Don't forget thanks where needed !

Well, this is interesting, after Sprint annoucing the HTC Pro7, now the word is Verizon will show the HTC Trophy (they entry level WP7 phone) on Monday the 28th for a March release.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winrumors
Verizon officials may be planning to announce the device as soon as Monday February 28 according to people familiar with the company’s plans. Verizon will introduce the HTC 7 Trophy as its first Windows Phone 7 device for $200 on a two-year contract. Verizon’s CDMA rival Sprint announced their first Windows Phone 7 device on Thursday, the HTC Arrive will launch on March 20 priced at $200. WinRumors understands Verizon’s offering will arrive in late March around the same time as Sprint.
I do hope they annouce more than one model because I really am not interested in the Trophy as it's the lowest end WP7 phone. I still have a claim open with Asurion with my cracked display on my TP2 (they have no more TP2s), maybe the'll give me one of these...heh

Verizon to launch Windows Phone 7 device in late March | WinRumors

But, MAYBE a Windows Phone 7 on Verizon.....

Edit: More reports of it...
Verizon reportedly to launch Windows Phone 7 handset in March

Windows Phone 7 coming to Verizon in March, starting with HTC 7 Trophy? -- Engadget

http://mc.anywherecool.com/Blog/
If I helped in anyway, please hit thanks !

Last edited by DavidinCT; 05-19-2011 at 11:13 AM. Reason: Subject changed, all VZW updates are being posted to this thread now
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-26-2011, 01:52 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

deadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to deadwrong03 Send a message via MSN to deadwrong03 Send a message via Yahoo to deadwrong03 Send a message via Skype™ to deadwrong03
Re: VZW to annouce Windows Phone 7 on 2/28 ????

im in the very same boat as u i didnt open a claim tho because i didnt want to waste any money on this tp2 when im ready to upgrade i dont want that phone either but i might have to get it im sick of this tp2 battery doesnt last and my screen is cracked
Old 02-26-2011, 02:12 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

DavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadwrong03 View Post
im in the very same boat as u i didnt open a claim tho because i didnt want to waste any money on this tp2 when im ready to upgrade i dont want that phone either but i might have to get it im sick of this tp2 battery doesnt last and my screen is cracked
They have offered me a bunch of differnt phones but, nothing equals the TP2...really, you never know how great a phone is till you have to find a replacement for it....Seriously I am not kidding.

I figured for the $50 (I'm still grandfathered in, as I have not signed a contract in 5 years now), I'll get a replacement phone now and just plan to sell it when I get a WP7 phone I want. They just don't have anything I want or compares to the TP2 (they offered me a TP1, I loled !). Still using it with a cracked display

This could be good news for VZW getting a WP7 model tho. We should know more on Monday...I hope.
Old 02-26-2011, 02:31 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: iPhone 6 Plus Space Gray 128GB Jailbroken
Carrier: Sprint

piscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to piscesjoey Send a message via Yahoo to piscesjoey Send a message via Skype™ to piscesjoey
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidinCT View Post
They have offered me a bunch of differnt phones but, nothing equals the TP2...really, you never know how great a phone is till you have to find a replacement for it....Seriously I am not kidding.

I figured for the $50 (I'm still grandfathered in, as I have not signed a contract in 5 years now), I'll get a replacement phone now and just plan to sell it when I get a WP7 phone I want. They just don't have anything I want or compares to the TP2 (they offered me a TP1, I loled !). Still using it with a cracked display

This could be good news for VZW getting a WP7 model tho. We should know more on Monday...I hope.
I really thought Verizon shot themselves in the foot earlier this week when they came out & said they don't need Windows Phone 7!

Epic on Tapatalk
Old 02-26-2011, 03:32 AM
I am a Patriot
Pocket PC: touchdiamond<treo800<touchpro<touchpro2<arrive<evo
Carrier: sprint

rrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIP
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:

i think the trophy is a nice looking phone but i still think vzw is killing themselves with that comment about not needed wp7 i think it's was childish because their still holding grudges from the kin 1 and kin 2 fallout . but it's good to see them eat their words if thas the case with the trophy .. when it makes its apperance on big red ..
Old 02-26-2011, 03:42 AM
Almost a VIP

piscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to piscesjoey Send a message via Yahoo to piscesjoey Send a message via Skype™ to piscesjoey
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrjskj View Post
i think the trophy is a nice looking phone but i still think vzw is killing themselves with that comment about not needed wp7 i think it's was childish because their still holding grudges from the kin 1 and kin 2 fallout . but it's good to see them eat their words if thas the case with the trophy .. when it makes its apperance on big red ..
Remember they also said that they didn't need the iPhone either, & now look lol

Epic 4G on Tapatalk
Old 02-26-2011, 03:56 AM
I am a Patriot

rrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by piscesjoey View Post
Remember they also said that they didn't need the iPhone either, & now look lol

Epic 4G on Tapatalk
yeah i know lol vzw is funny that way . i just can't get over how they say 1 thing and as soon as they find out it's selling better on other networks then they say oops we made a mistake and now we want to sell it too lmfao it's hilarious when u think about it ..
Old 02-26-2011, 12:39 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrjskj View Post
yeah i know lol vzw is funny that way . i just can't get over how they say 1 thing and as soon as they find out it's selling better on other networks then they say oops we made a mistake and now we want to sell it too lmfao it's hilarious when u think about it ..
The Kin mess...Does anyone here think every other phone the Verizon carried and promoted in some way was a full sucess ? No.

The Kin was designed as a lower cost public networking phone (facebook, twitter, etc) for a younger croud, Verizon killed it with charging a $30 mo data plan. It was not MS's fault or Verizons, it was both of them, it never sold because it was a min of $69.99 (450min $39.99+$30.00 data) a month to run it. The press made more of a big deal of this than MS or Verizon in the press.

Verizon, like Spint or AT&T is a business, if you have a bad day or product, you move on. By not taking WP7 in their line up, they could be leaving money on the table and as a company, it's not something you want to do, it would be just dumb.

Like I said, it's all about the money, Verizon pushed Android because they could not get the iPhone (and at that time it sucked with them)and sold what they could to compete.

We'll see how the tables turn when Verizon gets a few models of WP7 and can push them along with Android and the iPhoney, we'll see the winner then.
Old 02-26-2011, 04:41 PM
I am a Patriot

Quote:
The Kin mess...Does anyone here think every other phone the Verizon carried and promoted in some way was a full sucess ? No.

The Kin was designed as a lower cost public networking phone (facebook, twitter, etc) for a younger croud, Verizon killed it with charging a $30 mo data plan. It was not MS's fault or Verizons, it was both of them, it never sold because it was a min of $69.99 (450min $39.99+$30.00 data) a month to run it. The press made more of a big deal of this than MS or Verizon in the press.

Verizon, like Spint or AT&T is a business, if you have a bad day or product, you move on. By not taking WP7 in their line up, they could be leaving money on the table and as a company, it's not something you want to do, it would be just dumb.

Like I said, it's all about the money, Verizon pushed Android because they could not get the iPhone (and at that time it sucked with them)and sold what they could to compete.

We'll see how the tables turn when Verizon gets a few models of WP7 and can push them along with Android and the iPhoney, we'll see the winner then.
not saying that sprint is better then vzw . i was just saying it's funny how they said they don't need this and that but then to say hmm this this and this is selling on their network and hell now we want it as well ..
Old 02-27-2011, 09:13 AM
Almost a VIP

Quote:

The Kin never sold because its supposed targeted audience (tweens lol) are all carrying around Blackberrys & iPhones these days that can do way much more than then Kin could offer lol (hell my 15 y/o future sis in law is rocking a Blackberry Torch right now, even though I tried to get her to get the new Atrix), but Verizon would be stupid to put all its eggs in one basket with the iPhone and not get on board with WP7, matter fact, I'm gonna give them the benefit of the doubt on this one, I bet that Steve Jobs paid Verizon to make that "we don't need WP7" comment lol.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > General Windows Phone 7 Discussions