PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   General Windows Phone 7 Discussions (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=164)
-   -   Sprint wp7 in march!!! Woot woot!!! (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=141015)

nkdevelopment 02-17-2011 05:41 PM

Sprint wp7 in march!!! Woot woot!!!

Found this online today. Gotta be promising given the source right?

ChevronWP7 dev says HTC 7 Pro coming to Sprint in early March

gTen 02-17-2011 05:53 PM

Re: Sprint wp7 in march!!! Woot woot!!!

So let me get this straight..they didn't display anything at MWC..made an event for the sorry excuse of an Echo...and didn't even mention the HTC Arrive(Im guessing thats the name of the htc 7 pro?) coming in March?!?!?!

At this rate I don't think sprint will last till march :/

nrfitchett4 02-18-2011 03:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gTen (Post 2057575)
So let me get this straight..they didn't display anything at MWC..made an event for the sorry excuse of an Echo...and didn't even mention the HTC Arrive(Im guessing thats the name of the htc 7 pro?) coming in March?!?!?!

At this rate I don't think sprint will last till march :/

why the echo bashing??? It's an interesting phone to say the least. Yes they could have used better spec'd hardware (and probably need to with unoptimized android under the hood), but you don't know how long this thing was in development for. If nothing else, it gives a template for others to follow.

horndoctor 02-18-2011 05:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nkdevelopment (Post 2057570)
Found this online today. Gotta be promising given the source right?

ChevronWP7 dev says HTC 7 Pro coming to Sprint in early March

March 2012!! :cheers:

gTen 02-18-2011 05:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nrfitchett4 (Post 2057854)
why the echo bashing??? It's an interesting phone to say the least. Yes they could have used better spec'd hardware (and probably need to with unoptimized android under the hood), but you don't know how long this thing was in development for. If nothing else, it gives a template for others to follow.

Aside from needing better hardware, the top screen has 2.2, the bottom screen has 2.1...I mean its not like a dual screen phone is revolutionary...but I expect sales for it to be pretty bad hence killing the possibility of the concept ever being used again...

rrjskj 02-18-2011 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gTen (Post 2057871)
Aside from needing better hardware, the top screen has 2.2, the bottom screen has 2.1...I mean its not like a dual screen phone is revolutionary...but I expect sales for it to be pretty bad hence killing the possibility of the concept ever being used again...

lol i could not have worded that any better well said gten ..

eric12341 02-18-2011 04:39 PM

maybe they wanted to keep it a surprise. I hope its price will be at least decent (no more than $249.99)

DavidinCT 02-18-2011 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eric12341 (Post 2058059)
maybe they wanted to keep it a surprise. I hope its price will be at least decent (no more than $249.99)

This falls in line with everything that has been said so far, the first few weeks in March. With the "Copy & Paste"/CDMA update scheduled for March 8th, it's been said by a few "experts" to expect CDMA models early march. I would not be shocked if OEMs already have this update to start loading new devices because if they got it on 3/8, you would not of seen devices for at least a few weeks.

Now with Sprint doing a big event for the "Echo"(lol), I'm shocked that the world does not know this already or at least that something BIG is coming. So, there might be something to question it.

When released, I see it floating in the $199-99 price range, as all WP7 models are $99 at AT&T with a 2 year contract.

Just wondering how they will be releasing it, a quiet release with lots of Microsoft based Ads (just pop on the shelf on the 3/8th) ?

Well if it is coming in March as claimed here, you Sprint people only have a few weeks to go....

Edit: Where it came from

http://www.wpcentral.com/sprint-wind...-around-corner

I guess I don't trust posts from Twitter to be the most accurate place to get news but, time will tell.

92GTA 02-24-2011 11:29 PM

Pre order!

Sprint | Introducing the HTC Arrive