PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > General Windows Phone 7 Discussions

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2011, 11:30 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive
Carrier: Sprint

afolayan702 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Bestbuy Buyback & Windows Phone

Waiting for Windows Phone on Sprint& Verizon does it make sense to use the buyback program bestbuy has, since Mango update will bring the second wave of Window Phones? I understand that as an early adopter it sucks for 2 year contracts to find out later in the year your carrier launches the slab device you wanted but needed to upgrade due to4.1.11 Sprint I have an upgrade due-$150 March but will lose it , or phone dying etc.) I don't want the HTC Pro 7, but if I can use it and then sell it back to get a better device when Mango comes out is it a bad choice? I am trying to work it out in my mind how it hurts, how I break even, or ahead. What are your thoughts or experiences? I am open to different ideas, either way my bill will go up with Sprint $10 or any other carrier...
Old 02-17-2011, 12:30 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG V10, iPhone 6 and Nokia ICON
Carrier: Verizon

DavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to DavidinCT Send a message via MSN to DavidinCT
Re: Bestbuy Buyback & Windows Phone

They Buyback program I am sure is not full price. Yea, you buy a phone for $200 and a year later you bring it back and they offer you $20, sure they WILL buy it back but, for what cost ? This is for people who don't want to deal with trying to sell a old device.

You'll always get more for it selling it outright, Just think of trading in a car, it's just about the same I would assume.

Edit:

Link...$200 Phone 24months later (after your 2 year contract) worth $40 (20% of it's price), not the best deal in the world...

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Misc/Buy...at230000050010

http://mc.anywherecool.com/Blog/
If I helped in anyway, please hit thanks !

Last edited by DavidinCT; 02-17-2011 at 12:35 PM.
Old 02-17-2011, 02:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

afolayan702 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: Bestbuy Buyback & Windows Phone

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidinCT View Post
They Buyback program I am sure is not full price. Yea, you buy a phone for $200 and a year later you bring it back and they offer you $20, sure they WILL buy it back but, for what cost ? This is for people who don't want to deal with trying to sell a old device.

You'll always get more for it selling it outright, Just think of trading in a car, it's just about the same I would assume.

Edit:

Link...$200 Phone 24months later (after your 2 year contract) worth $40 (20% of it's price), not the best deal in the world...

Buy Back Program
I see, I am operating under the assumption that from march(when i will buy Windows Phone if available for $200 with new 2year deal) the mango update and second batch of phones with will be debue. So if there was a 4" or 4.3" version on my carrier offered within the 6 months I cound use the money from the retail price of the phone ex unsubbed $600- 50%= $300 towards unsubbed future $600 version of Windows Phone that I actually wanted.
Is it possible? Or just a bunch of running around paying more at the end. I just see the first version of Windows Phone on Sprint as only option and if so until the next batch at least I would be using the OS?
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > General Windows Phone 7 Discussions