PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > General Windows Phone 7 Discussions

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2011, 05:25 PM
The EVO Guru
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

brownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Verizon: We dont need Nokia/Windows Phone

Verizon chief technical officer Tony Melone had harsh words for the recent deal between Microsoft and Nokia. That's bad news for Nokia and Microsoft, who desperately need carrier support to compete in the U.S. market.

In an interview with News.com, Melone dismissed the Nokia-Microsoft deal, saying "I don't think Verizon needs the Nokia and Microsoft relationship. Right now the three OS players we see for our network are Android, Apple, and RIM."

Business Insider
Old 02-15-2011, 06:30 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (PPCGEEKS Fire Dept.: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows Phone OS 7.0; Trident/3.1; IEMobile/7.0; HTC; HD7))

Yeah, just like the iPhone first went to and was rejected by them....they make all the right decisions. You're a funny guy, you don't even have Verizon...fail .
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 02-15-2011, 11:52 PM
I am a Patriot
Pocket PC: touchdiamond<treo800<touchpro<touchpro2<arrive<evo
Carrier: sprint

rrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIP
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Re: Verizon: We dont need Nokia/Windows Phone

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownhornet View Post
Verizon chief technical officer Tony Melone had harsh words for the recent deal between Microsoft and Nokia. That's bad news for Nokia and Microsoft, who desperately need carrier support to compete in the U.S. market.

In an interview with News.com, Melone dismissed the Nokia-Microsoft deal, saying "I don't think Verizon needs the Nokia and Microsoft relationship. Right now the three OS players we see for our network are Android, Apple, and RIM."

Business Insider

and that means what dude ur delayed .. we already saw that and to think u was actually thought it was new anyhoo what's the point of this again ??? nokia is maken wp7 devices and not android get over it lmfao ...
Old 02-16-2011, 12:07 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

before this gets into yet another flame war in the wp forum just stop, im all for the thread and all but keep posts civil while making your point.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-16-2011, 11:15 AM
Account Disabled

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level

i'm gonna be good darren, but i have to do it...

This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 02-16-2011, 11:49 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 and every single phone verizon had...
Carrier: Verizon

Noir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

does the fail include vzw too?
Old 02-16-2011, 11:53 AM
Account Disabled

naw, just the op's agenda against wp7.
Old 02-16-2011, 05:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia
Carrier: Verizon

aximtreo is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownhornet View Post

Business Insider

Hmmm, we have Android, iPhone and RIM so we don't need WP7. I must confess I don't know what crystal ball he uses. Given the choice of RIM, WebOS and WP7, which do you think has the brute capability to push Android and iPhone? RIM, WebOS, nah, I don't think so. Verizon will have WP7 phones, more than one, by end of 2011.
Old 02-16-2011, 06:17 PM
I am a Patriot
Pocket PC: touchdiamond<treo800<touchpro<touchpro2<arrive<evo
Carrier: sprint

rrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIP
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

i think that's the confusing part vzw is choosing not to go with nokia's wp7 but their gonna carry htc's trophy but it's kinda defeats the purpose why even sell one if ur against wp7 :S ..
Old 02-16-2011, 06:36 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aximtreo View Post
Hmmm, we have Android, iPhone and RIM so we don't need WP7. I must confess I don't know what crystal ball he uses. Given the choice of RIM, WebOS and WP7, which do you think has the brute capability to push Android and iPhone? RIM, WebOS, nah, I don't think so. Verizon will have WP7 phones, more than one, by end of 2011.
Well if you actually mean "brute capacity"..then definitely WebOS >.>

M$ is worth $86.113 billion (2010)
Apple is worth $75.18 billion (FY 2010)
Google is worth US$40.497 billion (2009)
HP is worth $124.503 billion (2010)

Aka HP has the assets of Google + Microsoft combined...

Its going to take more then brute capacity...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrjskj View Post
i think that's the confusing part vzw is choosing not to go with nokia's wp7 but their gonna carry htc's trophy but it's kinda defeats the purpose why even sell one if ur against wp7 :S ..
Aka what Verizon is saying is that they don't need multiple WP7 phones..they are probably going to put 1 to gauge interest but they don't plan to put their resources into it...I said it before..carriers HATE WP7 and iPhone because they don't let them customize their bloatware in it..they carry the iphone because of its popularity..simple as that...

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > General Windows Phone 7 Discussions