PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > General Windows Phone 7 Discussions
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2011, 06:42 PM
I am a Patriot
Pocket PC: touchdiamond<treo800<touchpro<touchpro2<arrive<evo
Carrier: sprint

rrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIP
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Verizon: We dont need Nokia/Windows Phone

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
Well if you actually mean "brute capacity"..then definitely WebOS >.>

M$ is worth $86.113 billion (2010)
Apple is worth $75.18 billion (FY 2010)
Google is worth US$40.497 billion (2009)
HP is worth $124.503 billion (2010)

Aka HP has the assets of Google + Microsoft combined...

Its going to take more then brute capacity...

Aka what Verizon is saying is that they don't need multiple WP7 phones..they are probably going to put 1 to gauge interest but they don't plan to put their resources into it...I said it before..carriers HATE WP7 and iPhone because they don't let them customize their bloatware in it..they carry the iphone because of its popularity..simple as that...

ok but honestly whats the point your gonna find bloatware anywhere u look ur not gonna be able to avoid it forever even if it's customizible ..and that's fine vzw can do whatever it wants i'm just saying what's the point of even putting out a wp7 device if the end result is ur gonna do it to tempt people to buyin it to endgame it and say their not gonna carry em .. i guess that's what i'm taken away from what the report had said maybe i'm wrong but thats still aiming for wp7 to fail
Old 02-16-2011, 06:55 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrjskj View Post
ok but honestly whats the point your gonna find bloatware anywhere u look ur not gonna be able to avoid it forever even if it's customizible ..and that's fine vzw can do whatever it wants i'm just saying what's the point of even putting out a wp7 device if the end result is ur gonna do it to tempt people to buyin it to endgame it and say their not gonna carry em .. i guess that's what i'm taken away from what the report had said maybe i'm wrong but thats still aiming for wp7 to fail
Let me make an example, the Fascinate they forced Bing and Verizon Navigator onto consumers..they can't do that with WP7 and with the iPhone..

They are not "tempting people" to buy it, they are just picking up the ones who want it, if they see people interested they will sell more phones..but right now sales for WP7 is not very good...(at least in comparison to other platforms), so they really have no reason to try to be competitive in it..if they didn't get the iphone it would be different..but considering they got the Droid series and the iphone they are very solid in their lineup if you think about it compared to the competition they are in a REALLY good position...

AT&T on the other had was easy to get as they are desperate to fill in their line up...hence you saw them take like 3-4 WP7 devices and announcing a bunch of Android phones..

There is 0 advantage for Verizon to push WP7 at this point...carry it yes, push unlikely..they even carry WebOs phones if you think about it but they are not pushing it since they don't really need to...

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 02-16-2011, 07:10 PM
I am a Patriot

rrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIP

Quote:
Let me make an example, the Fascinate they forced Bing and Verizon Navigator onto consumers..they can't do that with WP7 and with the iPhone..

They are not "tempting people" to buy it, they are just picking up the ones who want it, if they see people interested they will sell more phones..but right now sales for WP7 is not very good...(at least in comparison to other platforms), so they really have no reason to try to be competitive in it..if they didn't get the iphone it would be different..but considering they got the Droid series and the iphone they are very solid in their lineup if you think about it compared to the competition they are in a REALLY good position...

AT&T on the other had was easy to get as they are desperate to fill in their line up...hence you saw them take like 3-4 WP7 devices and announcing a bunch of Android phones..

There is 0 advantage for Verizon to push WP7 at this point...carry it yes, push unlikely..they even carry WebOs phones if you think about it but they are not pushing it since they don't really need to...

i see where your going with this and i agree .. but this isn't at&t here bud .. and for vzw to say no man we don't want any part of nokia or wp7 that made no sense long run for them maybe i guess time will tell but it's kinda odd they said no to it but then in the same token they say YAY we are getting a wp7 device just not nokia and that they don't see what the point is to carry another phone developer where does it stop u can have people lined up around the corner and back waiting and wanting a wp7 device of any kind that works for a certain person or persons who to say htc is the phone for that one person or persons .. and to openly say no we don't think so how is that a reflection on what people want as to guessing what they want .. and back to the bloatware is bing being and vzw navi being considered as bloatware??

Last edited by rrjskj; 02-16-2011 at 07:16 PM.
Old 02-16-2011, 07:21 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrjskj View Post
i see where your going with this and i agree .. but this isn't at&t here bud .. and for vzw to say no man we don't want any part of nokia or wp7 that made no sense long run for them maybe i guess time will tell but it's kinda odd they said no to it but then in the same token they say YAY we are getting a wp7 device just not nokia and that they don't see what the point is to carry another phone developer where does it stop u can have people lined up around the corner and back waiting and wanting a wp7 device of any kind that works for a certain person or persons who to say htc is the phone for that one person or persons .. and to openly say no we don't think so how is that a reflection on what people want as to guessing what they want .. and back to the bloatware is bing being and vzw navi being considered as bloatware??
Yes...those are things they put in to make themselves extra money..

And Nokia never really had a strong presence in the US..if they did maybe a lot of us would be running symbian instead of winmo who knows..

Considering he used a similar approach with the iphone when it came out, I think he wants to downplay the competition..
Old 02-16-2011, 07:34 PM
I am a Patriot

Quote:
Yes...those are things they put in to make themselves extra money..

And Nokia never really had a strong presence in the US..if they did maybe a lot of us would be running symbian instead of winmo who knows..

Considering he used a similar approach with the iphone when it came out, I think he wants to downplay the competition..

i guess ur right lol i never really paid too much attention to nokia till i saw them step up to the wp7 platform .. and i kinda hope that all it is is just downplayin it ...
Old 02-16-2011, 07:35 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

another pathetic drive-by attempt by our famous anti-WP7 troll. this wont do anything but hurt them if they refuse to carry wp7 just like tmo got hurt when they were refusing to push/sell the HD7 now one is starting to see posters and commercials for it. not goin to VZW anyway as they cost too much and they can put their bloatware in WP7 but its removable just like it is in android and WM.
Old 02-16-2011, 07:44 PM
I am a Patriot

i dunno about that eric but i say this what's vzw lost is some1 elses gain .. that all anyone can say can't really blame em for not wanting to take a gamble on it and gain alot of following on it but hey to each their own as for myself i'm looking forward to seeing wp7 flourish ..
Old 02-16-2011, 09:18 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Another brownhelmet Fail!
Old 02-16-2011, 09:24 PM
I am a Patriot

Quote:
Originally Posted by horndoctor View Post
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Another brownhelmet Fail!
i don't understand the brownhelmet comment ????:S

Last edited by rrjskj; 02-16-2011 at 09:32 PM.
Old 02-16-2011, 09:38 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (PPCGEEKS Fire Dept.: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows Phone OS 7.0; Trident/3.1; IEMobile/7.0; HTC; HD7))

That was for the op, and damn funny at that!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > General Windows Phone 7 Discussions