PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > General Windows Phone 7 Discussions

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2011, 04:06 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG V10, iPhone 6 and Nokia ICON
Carrier: Verizon

DavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to DavidinCT Send a message via MSN to DavidinCT
HTC Mozart and the Samsung Omnia to be launch CDMA devices

Exclusive Windows Phone 7 updates from CES 2011

From the page...

· Look for the HTC Mozart and the Samsung Omnia to be the two launch CDMA devices. It’s unclear as to whether both will be available on Sprint and Verizon, but the devices are confirmed for the respective launches.

I guess so much for the Pro 7 and the Trophy.

This is about the only real WP7 about CDMA models I have seen and I have been watching...

For Sprint customers, this was asked (in the coments)
  1. The Fight
  2. Posted January 7, 2011 at 9:01 AM
  3. Did you mean Omnia or 7 Pro for the other CDMA launch device?
  4. Reply

5. Patrick Korten****
    Posted January 7, 2011 at 10:10 AM
    @The Fight: I spoke with a Business Manager on the team, and those are the two devices he told me. He stumbled the first time around, but then confirmed it with another rep and told me it would be the Mozart and the Omnia.

http://mc.anywherecool.com/Blog/
If I helped in anyway, please hit thanks !

Last edited by DavidinCT; 01-07-2011 at 04:09 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-07-2011, 09:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive
Carrier: Sprint

afolayan702 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: HTC Mozart and the Samsung Omnia to be launch CDMA devices

Both devices are better specs to me than just the Trophy or Pro 7. Samsung Omnia 7 (basicly a focus) would be my choice for Sprint, but I have read the rumors on other sites that it would be possibly a keyboard device. So I would assume Verizon would have that to go with the Trophy on their network. Sprint has a very good relationship with HTC with exclusivity "EVO" brand android handsets. Therefore Mozart with its "8"mp camera gots to Sprint as the alternate to HTC Pro 7. Its what i think would happen assuming they wanted to launch WP7 with keyboard & slab devices to chose from. Whats your thoughts?
Old 01-07-2011, 09:50 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

DavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by afolayan702 View Post
Both devices are better specs to me than just the Trophy or Pro 7. Samsung Omnia 7 (basicly a focus) would be my choice for Sprint, but I have read the rumors on other sites that it would be possibly a keyboard device. So I would assume Verizon would have that to go with the Trophy on their network. Sprint has a very good relationship with HTC with exclusivity "EVO" brand android handsets. Therefore Mozart with its "8"mp camera gots to Sprint as the alternate to HTC Pro 7. Its what i think would happen assuming they wanted to launch WP7 with keyboard & slab devices to chose from. Whats your thoughts?
I agree the specs on the 2 phones are better than the Trophy or the Pro 7 (AKA Touch Pro 3). I just wish one of these had a keyboard or a much larger display. The Mozart camera was tested on Engadget and with it's 720p video recording there was some issues but, it was impressive for a phone.

I'm still looking for a WOW phone and both of these are not it. It would be hard toss up for me on these, they both have their plusses. The Samsung Omnia sports a 4" AMOLED display (a very, very nice display but, only 16K colors) as the Mozart has 3.7-inch SLCD (claimed a lot better looking than the HD7's display).

If Verizon (I have Verizon) only got the Trophy, I would not get one now (unless it was upgrade with insurance or something). These 2 I would really have to think about. I really want a QWERTY keyboard as I have a problem with a on-screen one.

Incase you want to see...

HTC Mozart Review

HTC 7 Mozart review -- Engadget

Samsung Omina 7 Review

Samsung Omnia 7 review -- Engadget

Not sure if there will be changes when coming over to CDMA, have these even got FCC approval for a CDMA model ?

Anyway, on the display differences...

Spot the difference: HTC Desire's SLCD versus AMOLED -- Engadget

It would be hard toss up if I had to chose one but, with no keyboard, the bigger display would win...
Old 01-08-2011, 12:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Better specs would be amazing, to blow away naysayers but just like tooth paste, only for a limited time. It is going to be the second wave of phones on all the networks that we will see great specs that will be on par with what android is showing off at CES. Right now those of us who get the phone are "early adopters." We can get the phone sooner than when it is mainstream, but the cost is that its new and will not have all the bells and whistles of the competors- still the UI is smooth. I don't know the specs of the iphone but im sure they don't need tegra 2 to run their OS? The only thing I am planning on is that there will be slab devices, for all carriers by next year, we just have to make the call: use our upgrades for the first wave WP7's or pay unsubzided money and enjoy the experience while bidding our time to the real WP7 phone that we really want. MSFT is starting off very slow, and if we assume this phone is the end all we will not be satisfied, but have buyers remorse.
Old 01-08-2011, 03:24 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 and every single phone verizon had...

Noir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIP

I honestly hate to say it but amazing specs mean nothing if the OS is not optimized for the power. Most of anything dual core ("tablet" or smart phone) chugged. So while there are great hw specs its useless without OS support and so far no OS does have it. To be honest I thought to myself all of that power and it runs like a 1 ghz processor. No OS optimization leads to an extremely poor experience. I don't think we will honestly see dual core support till later and the way some OEMs release updates, you may have something powerful that lacks some critical updates...
I keep my eye on wp7 because of the support it has for the new qualcomm chipsets (not just the scorpion chipset either) and it may be optimized. Same with apple
Old 01-11-2011, 02:31 PM
Two-Time Mafiosi
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt

Kliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via MSN to Kliptik

I would put money that the Omnia 7 ends up on Verizon, seeing as they had the previous two Omnia devices... That's a pretty nice phone too. I'm an HTC fan, but really the only thing I'd be missing would be the HTC Hub, which at this point doesn't sound super impressive anywys...
Old 01-11-2011, 05:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kliptik View Post
I would put money that the Omnia 7 ends up on Verizon, seeing as they had the previous two Omnia devices... That's a pretty nice phone too. I'm an HTC fan, but really the only thing I'd be missing would be the HTC Hub, which at this point doesn't sound super impressive anywys...

Damn I would like the Omnia 7 on Sprints network, HTC Sense yeah its not needed, wish they would come up with more apps to support the WP7 than what they have now in their hub. LG, Samsung have done a good job. I wonder what happened to Motorola? Are they going to bring some devices to the table?
Old 01-12-2011, 04:02 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
I'm a HTC fan myself but, if it came down to the Trophy or the Omnia 7, The Omnia would win...
Old 01-13-2011, 02:19 PM
Two-Time Mafiosi
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt

Kliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via MSN to Kliptik

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidinCT View Post
I'm a HTC fan myself but, if it came down to the Trophy or the Omnia 7, The Omnia would win...
Yeah I think right now the only phone I would rather have than the Omnia 7 would be the HD7, but unfortunately it's T-Mo only...

I have upgrades available on both of my lines, so I'll prolly get a WP7 right away, and then wait for a solid offering to use my 2nd upgrade. Hopefully HTC will have something nice for Verizon in the near future. *crosses fingers*
Old 01-13-2011, 06:02 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Yeah I think right now the only phone I would rather have than the Omnia 7 would be the HD7, but unfortunately it's T-Mo only...

I have upgrades available on both of my lines, so I'll prolly get a WP7 right away, and then wait for a solid offering to use my 2nd upgrade. Hopefully HTC will have something nice for Verizon in the near future. *crosses fingers*
It's kind of close, not sure, looking over the specs for the Ominia's display 4" AMOLED display vs. a 4.3" LCD, on display alone, the Omina would win. It's a far nicer display and reading the review, it seems like a really nice unit, a lot better than the Trophy and very close to the HD7.

I really want a 4" AMOLED (or as good) very slim with a QWERTY keyboard and a 1700-1950mAh battery (to get 3-4 days out of a phone in the real world).

One can dream tho. With no new ruomor coming out in the last few days, no word on a WP7 showing up on any CDMA provider. We are all back to square 1, Nothing. I wish someone would tell us something.

I am so close to going to AT&T to get a WP7 phone but, don't want to deal with their crappy service and mettered data (Vzw still has $29.99 unlimited vs. 2gb for $30). T-mobile is not a option, their coverage is not even as good as AT&T in my area.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > General Windows Phone 7 Discussions