PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > General Windows Phone 7 Discussions

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2010, 10:49 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG V10, iPhone 6 and Nokia ICON
Carrier: Verizon

DavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to DavidinCT Send a message via MSN to DavidinCT
So, what CDMA carrier will be first ???? (WP7)

Just wondering what is people's thoughts here.

As far as we all know, as CDMA carriers go...

Verizon will see the HTC Trophy (as said, the entry level WP7 model)
Sprint will see the HTC 7 Pro (a HTC Pro 3 in a nutshell)

Nothing else as been seen or heard about. I am sure these carriers are not going to jump into Windows Phone 7 (that has millions of $$$ in advertising already spent and over a billion planned) with just 1 model each.

I'm sure we'll know a lot more in about week (CES starts Jan 6th)...

So, who do we all think will be first, knowing that GSM carriers always get newer phones first and CDMA for the most part is stuck behind ?

So, who's first ?

http://mc.anywherecool.com/Blog/
If I helped in anyway, please hit thanks !
Old 12-30-2010, 11:19 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (PPCGEEKS Fire Dept.: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

I think it'll be sprint with the pro 7.
Old 12-31-2010, 12:16 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive
Carrier: Sprint

afolayan702 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: So, what CDMA carrier will be first ???? (WP7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.8820 View Post
I think it'll be sprint with the pro 7.
I agree, and I think Sprint will have the second handset(Samsung i pray) before Verizon has a second one. LTE phones are going to be their immediate propaganda it seems to me
Old 12-31-2010, 10:39 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid X

racedog is keeping up the good workracedog is keeping up the good work

I don't think you'll see Verizon putting a whole lot of effort into Windows Phone 7. They're selling droid enabled phones by the boatload but I would bet that Verizon is counting on a CDMA iphone to blow their sales through the roof. So far MS's advertising hasn't converted into a ton of Windows Phone 7 sales, they are sitting right now at about 5 percent of sales but if VZW gets an iphone in middle to late January or early February they will sell them by the hundreds of thousands and probably a few million of them.

Since Sprint and Tmobile will be left without an iphone we'll have to wait and see what phones they push. So far, both seem to be pushing android. Sprint with the EVO and with new droid phones that we'll be seeing in quarter 1 of 2011 and tmo with their own line up and pushing their new 4G rollout.

I know iphone haters will not like the above but cellular companies respond to what sells in the biggest numbers, and, like the iphone or Apple or hate them, the iphone sells, and that's the bottom line.

R
Old 12-31-2010, 11:56 AM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ
Carrier: Sprint

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

verizon already wasted it's m$ budget on the kin. and killed it nicely in the process.
Old 12-31-2010, 12:07 PM
Account Disabled

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level

...plus Verizon rumors has the iPhone there by valentines day.
Old 12-31-2010, 05:32 PM
Two-Time Mafiosi
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt

Kliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via MSN to Kliptik

I still say VZW releases the Trophy before Sprint released Pro 3. MS employess have been able to pre-order the Trophy from Verizon for a few weeks now.
Old 12-31-2010, 06:34 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

deadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to deadwrong03 Send a message via MSN to deadwrong03 Send a message via Yahoo to deadwrong03 Send a message via Skype™ to deadwrong03

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kliptik View Post
I still say VZW releases the Trophy before Sprint released Pro 3. MS employess have been able to pre-order the Trophy from Verizon for a few weeks now.
but i thought ms employees could preorder the pro 7 since dec 8th?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-31-2010, 08:02 PM
Account Disabled

Wirelessly posted (PPCGEEKS Fire Dept.: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

plus more pics of the pro 7 are coming out every day.
Old 01-03-2011, 04:33 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG V10, iPhone 6 and Nokia ICON
Threadstarter

DavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to DavidinCT Send a message via MSN to DavidinCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kliptik View Post
That is the only info out that is showing Vzw wil be getting a WP7 phone soon. I guess because of the hard facts (that it's been offered to MS employeess on release) Verizon is the only provider who has offered a model to anyone. Also the fact that Verizon based apps have been showing up in the WP7 Marketplace kind of proves this a little more, nothing from sprint has shown up yet.

Just because a lot pictures of the Touch Pro 3/7, does not mean it's going to be released soon. Anyone who has been following new phones means 6-12 months of sneak pictures released, just so you can get a taste of it.

I'm still going to stick with Vzw getting the Trophy first (I really want a WP7 model but, I will skip the Trophy) then the Pro 3 coming to Sprint in the same or a few weeks later. I really wish we had some hints of some other CDMA models coming down the pipe.

We really should know a lot more next week tho...wish I could get to CES....Maybe next year...

Last edited by DavidinCT; 01-03-2011 at 04:39 PM.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > General Windows Phone 7 Discussions