PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > General Windows Phone 7 Discussions
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2011, 05:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive
Carrier: Sprint

afolayan702 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: So, what CDMA carrier will be first ???? (WP7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidinCT View Post
I guess our only hope is a magic release (just popping up on the shelves at Sprint/Verizon with out notification) or wait for the WMC on Feb 13th where most new mobile phones are shown and released.

Man I hope not! I'm trying to wait to see what Sprint may say Feb 7, and WMC at latest to decide my move: phone plans if I leave Sprint/ETF, different OS(I have to study Android and IOs since other carriers will have them as well as updated versions.) I played with a Samsung Focus at an At&t store and almost bought it last night. But if I have waited this long for CDMA WP7 I'm going to have to suck it up a couple more weeks to see if this go round has something worth grabbing.
Old 01-29-2011, 05:18 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

get an hd7, samsung doesn't push out updates.
Old 01-29-2011, 11:52 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG V10, iPhone 6 and Nokia ICON
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

DavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to DavidinCT Send a message via MSN to DavidinCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by afolayan702 View Post
Man I hope not! I'm trying to wait to see what Sprint may say Feb 7, and WMC at latest to decide my move: phone plans if I leave Sprint/ETF, different OS(I have to study Android and IOs since other carriers will have them as well as updated versions.) I played with a Samsung Focus at an At&t store and almost bought it last night. But if I have waited this long for CDMA WP7 I'm going to have to suck it up a couple more weeks to see if this go round has something worth grabbing.
Maybe ? If it is, we'll know Monday (the Jan 31st)
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/general-wi...k-your-qs.html

Man, I'm going to go nuts waiting...I might lose sleep over this..

http://mc.anywherecool.com/Blog/
If I helped in anyway, please hit thanks !
Old 01-30-2011, 12:29 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidinCT View Post
Maybe ? If it is, we'll know Monday (the Jan 31st)

Man, I'm going to go nuts waiting...I might lose sleep over this..

Lol, yeah I feel ya- I'm still debating what I will do with my TP2 when I get WP7. Go "office on it," and beat it with a bat while listening to paper boy- "dam it feels good to be a gangster."

Dr.8820- I would switch to T-mobile as I like the HD7, and their plan is pretty good, hell I looked after you told me to check it out and found a plan 1500min/text/web for same price as their 500min/text/web: $79.99. But the problem I have is T-mobile really doesn't have good coverage in my area: spotty, and I have some friends that have to step outside their house to use the web, and to call have to be by a window. Last week it was -15 below...
Old 01-30-2011, 12:35 AM
boe
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch

boe is keeping up the good workboe is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

So far the only two rumored devices coming to CDMA are the trophy - 3.x in screen, with an undersized battery and the pro which isn't exactly svelt. I'm not sure why we couldn't have something like the Focus or the EVO (with WP7). Hell, at this point why not something with a dual core processor? MS keeps dragging their feet and the hardware initially offered will seem more and more antiquated. That should ensure that Verizon and SPrint think WP7 is a dud since no one will want antiquated hardware. Does MS want WP7 to fail? First they release it on GSM which already has the iPhone and Android to compete with when they had a desperate market that only had one alternative salivating for WP7. Now they take forever to release it on CDMA and the initial phones they offer it on might have seemed OK a year ago and perhaps even cutting edge 2 years ago but what the heck is with releasing the red headed step child hardware when they have the iPhone on Verizon to compete with?
Old 01-30-2011, 12:51 AM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by afolayan702 View Post
Dr.8820- I would switch to T-mobile as I like the HD7, and their plan is pretty good, hell I looked after you told me to check it out and found a plan 1500min/text/web for same price as their 500min/text/web: $79.99. But the problem I have is T-mobile really doesn't have good coverage in my area: spotty, and I have some friends that have to step outside their house to use the web, and to call have to be by a window. Last week it was -15 below...
it's all good bro, you have to do what works . at least you tried, some of these internet punks just bash because they think they look good! i threw tmo out there, if sprint, verizon, at&t works, go for it!
Old 01-30-2011, 01:49 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by boe View Post
So far the only two rumored devices coming to CDMA are the trophy - 3.x in screen, with an undersized battery and the pro which isn't exactly svelt. I'm not sure why we couldn't have something like the Focus or the EVO (with WP7). Hell, at this point why not something with a dual core processor? MS keeps dragging their feet and the hardware initially offered will seem more and more antiquated. That should ensure that Verizon and SPrint think WP7 is a dud since no one will want antiquated hardware. Does MS want WP7 to fail? First they release it on GSM which already has the iPhone and Android to compete with when they had a desperate market that only had one alternative salivating for WP7. Now they take forever to release it on CDMA and the initial phones they offer it on might have seemed OK a year ago and perhaps even cutting edge 2 years ago but what the heck is with releasing the red headed step child hardware when they have the iPhone on Verizon to compete with?
At&t I believe had a lot to do with actually being the "exclusive carrier" of Samsung Focus, HTC Surround, and LG Quantum for first 6 months. We can only speculate that since At&t knew they were losing exclusivity to Iphone, they were willing to jump and take their picks of GSM WP7s. GSM is used more globally than CDMA- from a standpoint of trying to sell the phone GSM potentially has more subscribers to pull from initally at launch. After what happened with Kin last year it isn't hard to see why CDMA Verizon would be hesitant to push for having the handsets at launch, hell Android is doing well for them,Iphone around the corner, and Sprint saw what "Droid" for Verizon last year and "exclusively" holds the "EVO" brand version of android with 4G just released Evo Shift. Both Verizon and Sprint are not hurting for WP7's yet. You could look at the release of Windows Phone in the fall as a "soft openning," a show to carriers and OEMs the potential the OS has. This is just the end of January and WP7 is starting to be seen in ads/tv shows. WMC in a couple of weeks will give a good idea of the roadmap.
Microsoft created a OS that doesn't require jaw dropping specs, but has a smooth UI that more than makes up for lack of hardware at this stage. If you mean specs to brag to fanboys over who has this or that then WP7 can't help that right now. I wish there was a Focus like phone coming to Sprint, who konws? Maybe in the fall, but getting the phone right now means being an early adopter, and with that awsome feeling of having the new UI before everyone/all carriers means waiting for updates and fixes.
Old 01-31-2011, 02:43 PM
Two-Time Mafiosi
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt

Kliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via MSN to Kliptik

Verizon's HTC Trophy Gets Bluetooth Certs; Release Near?

Trophy looking closer to release?

Tough call between HTC and the Omnia 7...
Old 01-31-2011, 03:15 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG V10, iPhone 6 and Nokia ICON
Threadstarter

DavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to DavidinCT Send a message via MSN to DavidinCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kliptik View Post

I hope Verizon gets both at least, a few to choose from.

Nothing yet today on the "Press Statement" from Microsoft, time will tell.

All I know is if they are saying March or April for a Verizon phone, I might be going Android for a few months. I need a new phone (my TP2 screen is cracked and Asurion has no more) NOW, not 2-3 months from now. I'm really sick of waiting.

I really don't want the Trophy but, if Asurion gives me one, I'll deal with it till beter phones come out. I want a mid to high end phone (with a keyboard if it comes), the Trophy is the entry level WP7 phone.
Old 02-01-2011, 09:42 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

blackmagic352 is becoming a great contributor
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidinCT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kliptik View Post

I hope Verizon gets both at least, a few to choose from.

Nothing yet today on the "Press Statement" from Microsoft, time will tell.

All I know is if they are saying March or April for a Verizon phone, I might be going Android for a few months. I need a new phone (my TP2 screen is cracked and Asurion has no more) NOW, not 2-3 months from now. I'm really sick of waiting.

I really don't want the Trophy but, if Asurion gives me one, I'll deal with it till beter phones come out. I want a mid to high end phone (with a keyboard if it comes), the Trophy is the entry level WP7 phone.
incase u didnt know....sprint will fix your cracked screen in store now with no charge. and if they dont have the screen they will order u another phone. i just did this last week.

but im tired of waiting for a wp7 to drop. i think im going to get whatever the next phone is. WHATEVER!

Last edited by blackmagic352; 02-01-2011 at 09:47 AM.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > General Windows Phone 7 Discussions