PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > General Windows Phone 7 Discussions

Notices



Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21 (permalink)  
Old 01-24-2011, 01:21 AM
afolayan702's Avatar
PPCGeeks Regular
Offline
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive
Carrier: Sprint
Location: Minnesota
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 66
Reputation: 20
afolayan702 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: So, what CDMA carrier will be first ???? (WP7)

Oh snap what do we have here?
HTC Arrive and Kyocera Echo bow for Sprint? -- Engadget
__________________
Sanyo SCP-4900, Sanyo MM-8300, Audiovox PPC 6700, HTC Mogul PPC-6800, HTC Touch Pro 2, HTC EVO, Samsung Focus, HTC HD7, HTC Arrive.
  #22 (permalink)  
Old 01-24-2011, 02:56 AM
DavidinCT's Avatar
VIP Member
Offline
Pocket PC: LG V10, iPhone 6 and Nokia ICON
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter
Location: Someplace in CT
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,504
Reputation: 3210
DavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to DavidinCT Send a message via MSN to DavidinCT
Re: So, what CDMA carrier will be first ???? (WP7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by afolayan702 View Post
Do we have FCC approval yet ? Annoucements don't mean anything for CDMA unless we have FCC approval to be used in the US...

Everyone read this with a grain of salt, this is not 100% confirmed (I looked around for a while). Only real info that popped up was that it was getting the name copyrighted, no FCC or anything else. This could be something that is coming out in a 2 years or 6 weeks, no one besides HTC knows for sure.

At least its some newer CDMA WP7 news, because it's been pretty dam dead. There was little tidbits here and there now NOTHING.. Thanks for posting it.

All I can say is WTF
__________________
My Windows Media Center HTPC blog and site.

http://mc.anywherecool.com/Blog/
If I helped in anyway, please hit thanks !

Last edited by DavidinCT; 01-24-2011 at 03:04 AM.
  #23 (permalink)  
Old 01-24-2011, 11:26 AM
afolayan702's Avatar
PPCGeeks Regular
Offline
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive
Carrier: Sprint
Location: Minnesota
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 66
Reputation: 20
afolayan702 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: So, what CDMA carrier will be first ???? (WP7)

Your right, how hard to resist thinking we might get a REAL update from sprint to know when or what. I want to think it might be the renaming of Pro 7 to "Arrive." HTC is pretty weak on keeping secrets to themselves- it is monday so maybe as this week closes(as well as last chance for phone updates on sprint without $10, something will shake loose.
  #24 (permalink)  
Old 01-25-2011, 12:36 PM
boe's Avatar
boe
Almost a VIP
Offline
Pocket PC: Touch
Carrier: Sprint
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 933
Reputation: 100
boe is keeping up the good workboe is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: So, what CDMA carrier will be first ???? (WP7)

I've read some wild dates on the actual release for a WP7 CDMA phone ranging from February, May/June, to 2nd half of 2011. I really really want to replace my phone soon. Anyone have any reliable info on a release date? Ideally, I'd get something like the Focus on Verizon but with an even bigger screen. I do not want a bulky keyboard model.
  #25 (permalink)  
Old 01-25-2011, 04:01 PM
testacon's Avatar
Regular 'Geeker
Offline
Pocket PC: Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint
Location: Philly
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 352
Reputation: 250
testacon is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartestacon is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartestacon is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: So, what CDMA carrier will be first ???? (WP7)

Here's my 2...

Microsoft can dump 1 or $10 Billion into advertising until it's blue in the face, this phone won't be anywhere near as successful as the iPhone or Android is so they need to release it with WiMax or LTE variant radios to stand a chance.

The iPhone has a specific user base so they'll take it 2G, 3G or otherwise (yes they're crazy like that) and Android has a specific user base as well AND it's already available in WiMAX now and very soon for LTE. Microsoft is going to need to have some gimmick that has to be better than just promoting the OS with a measly 5,000 apps, compared to the 200,000 that Apple and Android has.

As I said before, I won't be a beta tester for Microsoft and this OS is just too new for me, if they drop it into 3G only phones after waiting 3+ years, you might as well wait until the hardware catches up with 4G because Android already has it, the iPhone 5 might have some new radio by the summer, so why give Microsoft anything for coming in last place with technology that THEY chose themselves when they decided to closed the platform down as they did.

I'm still very curious to see what happens now, but I just feel that they waited to long to produce so little that they have been left behind in the competition. These phones must have something "WOW" like that the others don't, to stand out or else they will lose sales. WiMAX and 4G are limited releases right now so this is more or less the only time left to strike.

The only other thing to mention is that, with all the carriers extending the time for upgrades, every day Microsoft and the carriers delay releasing this phone, more and more people are signing up for another 20 to 24 month contracts so it's going to be a slow 2 years for Microsoft no matter what happens.
  #26 (permalink)  
Old 01-25-2011, 11:30 PM
Kliptik's Avatar
Two-Time Mafiosi
Offline
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon
Location: Austin, TX
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,041
Reputation: 4790
Kliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to Kliptik
Re: So, what CDMA carrier will be first ???? (WP7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by testacon View Post
Here's my 2...

Microsoft can dump 1 or $10 Billion into advertising until it's blue in the face, this phone won't be anywhere near as successful as the iPhone or Android is so they need to release it with WiMax or LTE variant radios to stand a chance.

The iPhone has a specific user base so they'll take it 2G, 3G or otherwise (yes they're crazy like that) and Android has a specific user base as well AND it's already available in WiMAX now and very soon for LTE. Microsoft is going to need to have some gimmick that has to be better than just promoting the OS with a measly 5,000 apps, compared to the 200,000 that Apple and Android has.

As I said before, I won't be a beta tester for Microsoft and this OS is just too new for me, if they drop it into 3G only phones after waiting 3+ years, you might as well wait until the hardware catches up with 4G because Android already has it, the iPhone 5 might have some new radio by the summer, so why give Microsoft anything for coming in last place with technology that THEY chose themselves when they decided to closed the platform down as they did.

I'm still very curious to see what happens now, but I just feel that they waited to long to produce so little that they have been left behind in the competition. These phones must have something "WOW" like that the others don't, to stand out or else they will lose sales. WiMAX and 4G are limited releases right now so this is more or less the only time left to strike.

The only other thing to mention is that, with all the carriers extending the time for upgrades, every day Microsoft and the carriers delay releasing this phone, more and more people are signing up for another 20 to 24 month contracts so it's going to be a slow 2 years for Microsoft no matter what happens.
You made a couple valid points. Keep in mind though, that MS isn't stupid. They have TONS of people doing marketing and research on this, and it goes WAY beyond the PPCG or XDA communities. In all reality, we are the minority. And seeing as these communities will find ways to hack and customize whatever they put out anyways, why would they put a whole lot of weight into our opinion?

Also keep in mind that MS doesn't just barge into a market, blow up the competition right off the bat, and own it until the next big thing. They take it over slowly, methodically, and it sticks.

Also, while it's true that people are signing new 24 month contracts all the time, people are also finishing contracts at about the same rate, so it's a wash.

So while we would all (myself included) would like to think that we know better than MS, at the end of the day MS is a multi-billion dollar company, and we're just a few people that don't own multi-billion tech companies.
__________________
This post has been thanked 1 times.
  #27 (permalink)  
Old 01-26-2011, 11:30 AM
brownhornet's Avatar
The EVO Guru
Offline
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint
Location: Georgia
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,647
Reputation: 1170
brownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: So, what CDMA carrier will be first ???? (WP7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kliptik View Post
You made a couple valid points. Keep in mind though, that MS isn't stupid. They have TONS of people doing marketing and research on this, and it goes WAY beyond the PPCG or XDA communities. In all reality, we are the minority. And seeing as these communities will find ways to hack and customize whatever they put out anyways, why would they put a whole lot of weight into our opinion?

Also keep in mind that MS doesn't just barge into a market, blow up the competition right off the bat, and own it until the next big thing. They take it over slowly, methodically, and it sticks.

Also, while it's true that people are signing new 24 month contracts all the time, people are also finishing contracts at about the same rate, so it's a wash.

So while we would all (myself included) would like to think that we know better than MS, at the end of the day MS is a multi-billion dollar company, and we're just a few people that don't own multi-billion tech companies.

Well how did that turn out with windows mobile? I said before I dont know ANYONE that has a windows phone. I went in tmobile the other day and people werent even paying it any attention. Everyone was looking at the mytouch.
  #28 (permalink)  
Old 01-27-2011, 01:44 PM
DavidinCT's Avatar
VIP Member
Offline
Pocket PC: LG V10, iPhone 6 and Nokia ICON
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter
Location: Someplace in CT
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,504
Reputation: 3210
DavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to DavidinCT Send a message via MSN to DavidinCT
Re: So, what CDMA carrier will be first ???? (WP7)

Let's not get too far off topic here people, I created this thread to post about any news about CDMA providers and details on models that might be released for CDMA providers. To see who's first out of the big CDMA providers (Sprint and Verizon)

How many devices sold or how someone feels about WP7 because they only used it for 20 min does not belong here. I really hate the posts "WP7 sucks" because someone played with it for about 20 min and think they know the whole phone. As for the 2 million licences sold, if that number incudes CDMA phones, AWSOME because that would mean they will be released very soon ! ! ! !

Now back to the SUBJECT on hand....

Anyone see any new news here ? Only think that is solid is the Copy and Paste update for WP7 will include CDMA support, so I guess we are waiting for that and if that does not release till the end of Feb, we might be waiting till mid March till we get one.

I'm getting sick of waiting too, My TP2 has a cracked display, Ausurion has no more of them, even Verizon is out of Referbed ones, They have no good WM devices and I don't want Android. SO I need a phone now !

Never mind my $100 credit new every 2 towards a new phone, so I have credits burning a hole in my pocket for a new Windows Phone 7... Come on get with the program CDMA providers !
This post has been thanked 1 times.
  #29 (permalink)  
Old 01-27-2011, 02:49 PM
afolayan702's Avatar
PPCGeeks Regular
Offline
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive
Carrier: Sprint
Location: Minnesota
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 66
Reputation: 20
afolayan702 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: So, what CDMA carrier will be first ???? (WP7)

The troubling factor to me is that there is no information to suggest there will be more than 1 phone to chose from either sprint or verizon at launch. No real rumors or pics to suggest otherwise.
  #30 (permalink)  
Old 01-27-2011, 10:45 PM
DavidinCT's Avatar
VIP Member
Offline
Pocket PC: LG V10, iPhone 6 and Nokia ICON
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter
Location: Someplace in CT
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,504
Reputation: 3210
DavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to DavidinCT Send a message via MSN to DavidinCT
Re: So, what CDMA carrier will be first ???? (WP7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by afolayan702 View Post
The troubling factor to me is that there is no information to suggest there will be more than 1 phone to chose from either sprint or verizon at launch. No real rumors or pics to suggest otherwise.
I guess our only hope is a magic release (just popping up on the shelves at Sprint/Verizon with out notification) or wait for the WMC on Feb 13th where most new mobile phones are shown and released.
Closed Thread

  PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > General Windows Phone 7 Discussions

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:02 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
©2012 - PPCGeeks.com