PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > General Windows Phone 7 Discussions

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2010, 07:12 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

deadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to deadwrong03 Send a message via MSN to deadwrong03 Send a message via Yahoo to deadwrong03 Send a message via Skype™ to deadwrong03
Question Downloading Files From The Web On WP7

One of the key features i loved with Windows Mobile was i could manage files and download files from the web with ease. i could download pictures, mp3's, zip folders, rar folders and extract the files all on the phone without being dependent on a computer.

Now i recently had a chance to try to download a mp3 file that i uploading on a hosting site and when i clicked download the mp3 i was trying to download began playing in the browser but i could not locate it on the device. What happens when u try to download pictures, mp3s , zip and rar files on wp7? i know theres no file manager but u are able to save pictures from what ive read so why cant we save mp3s and add it to the zune library on the phone? what happens with the zip and rar files? and if u are able to download zip and rar then maybe we can get some kind of pocketrar or something

is it any chance of a limited file explorer being made that just gives u access to files downloaded from the web without giving access to the phones files and registry settings that they dont want us tampering with?

this is a huge issue along with the usb mass storage mode and multitasking that i really hope they add support for in the future
Old 12-30-2010, 09:48 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Apache
Carrier: Sprint

dprout69 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: Downloading Files From The Web On WP7

I've said it before and I'll say it again... wp7 sux. It may be good later on, but it sux right now and anyone buying it with the intent of using it for anything other than making phone calls, taking pics and listening to zune music is in for a world of disappointment. From what Im too understand, the only way any file can be sent to the phone is by email and the only way you can get music on it is thru zune... but Im no expert on it because I think it sux... have I told you it sux? Yes... indeed...
Old 01-01-2011, 06:07 AM
Dallas Mavericks #1 Fan!!
Pocket PC: HTC ThunderBolt

nrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dprout69 View Post
I've said it before and I'll say it again... wp7 sux. It may be good later on, but it sux right now and anyone buying it with the intent of using it for anything other than making phone calls, taking pics and listening to zune music is in for a world of disappointment. From what Im too understand, the only way any file can be sent to the phone is by email and the only way you can get music on it is thru zune... but Im no expert on it because I think it sux... have I told you it sux? Yes... indeed...
what about facebook? Best facebook experience on a phone yet. easy to use people hub that gives you instant updates and let's you update your status plus a facebook app that is way better than winmo.
And then there is netflix. Don't think winmo or android has that.
Games are 100% better than on winmo, the same games have videos and more story (like nfs).
Office is better, at least excel is.

Do you do anything else but complain in this forum that wp7 sux? Doesn't seem like it.

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-29-2011, 09:57 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: WP7
Carrier: AT&T

kikout88 is a n00b

WP7 is a huge let down for us all. I have always disliked being controled and thats why I never went with an Iphone. The old win mobile let you copy paste, what ever you wanted, there were no limits.

Let Microsoft know how much they are letting people down, send them a letter:

Microsoft Corporation
One Microsoft Way
Redmond, WA 98052-7329
USA
Tel: (425) 882-8080
Fax: (425) 706-7329
Old 01-30-2011, 12:01 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG V10, iPhone 6 and Nokia ICON

DavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to DavidinCT Send a message via MSN to DavidinCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by dprout69 View Post
I hate these posts from someone who MIGHT of used the phone for 30 seconds as he walked by one. If you really hate it, then go get a iPhone or a Android phone and stop trolling the WP7 threads.

Yes, what your doing is called Trolling. You are not giving any good info besides how bad it is.

Sure, it's a new phone, not everyone will like it but, if you owned one for a month or 2 and honestly say you hate it, I would accept that but, right now, your just trolling

and people ! Don't feed the trolls

http://mc.anywherecool.com/Blog/
If I helped in anyway, please hit thanks !
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 02-03-2011, 12:41 AM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Plus 1

Sent from my HTC HD7 using Board Express
Old 02-03-2011, 09:05 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidinCT View Post
I hate these posts from someone who MIGHT of used the phone for 30 seconds as he walked by one. If you really hate it, then go get a iPhone or a Android phone and stop trolling the WP7 threads.

Yes, what your doing is called Trolling. You are not giving any good info besides how bad it is.

Sure, it's a new phone, not everyone will like it but, if you owned one for a month or 2 and honestly say you hate it, I would accept that but, right now, your just trolling

and people ! Don't feed the trolls
i agree and no reason to post if your not even gonna try to help answer the op, we all like our phones for our own reasons.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-06-2011, 11:22 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul, TP2, Vogue, HD2(Android 2.2.1/WP7)
Carrier: Sprint

Mike G. is keeping up the good workMike G. is keeping up the good work

I've been searching the web for this answer and all I get is how to code an app to save the downloaded file to the isolated storage after you follow the steps to increase the isolated storage. There has to be an easier solution. Until there is, I can't see myself switching over to one of these devices. This is very important. I download full mixtapes that are free and unavailable through the Zune software unless I download it on my laptop and transfer it. Major inconvenience.
Old 02-12-2011, 10:51 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

please stoy on topic guys, dont wanna see any bans handed out. if you hate wp the dont reply to the thread its really simple.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > General Windows Phone 7 Discussions