PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > General Windows Phone 7 Discussions

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2011, 02:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul, TP2, Vogue, HD2(Android 2.2.1/WP7)
Carrier: Sprint

Mike G. is keeping up the good workMike G. is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
How To: Download mp3's from the internet

I don't know if this has been covered or not, but I recently found a way to download mp3's from the stock ie browser on unlocked wp7 devices that have TouchXplorer.

When you normally download a mp3 it will just stream, What I noticed is that if the mp3 is in a zip file, you can use Touchxplorer file manager to browse My Device/Application Data/Volatile/Zip View/ and see whatever song that was played from that zip file in the internet browser after the download finishes. All you have to do is copy and paste it from that location to My Documents/Zune/Content and pick a folder to paste the chosen file. It will not be viewable from the music and Videos app, but it will be perminantly stored on the device to play from the TouchXplorer.

I noticed this when downloading the new Pusha T mixtape from a trusted website and the songs were in a zip folder. I clicked on the zip file to display it's contents. When I clicked on one of the songs, it was totally downloaded and did not need to buffer before playing. I opened TouchXplorer and found the zip view folder in Application data/Volatile. This Volatile folder would normally be empty after a fresh boot. After downloading the zip file and opening each song inside of it that I wanted saved, the data from the zip file is cached in a folder that says Zip View. Some simple copy and paste work stored the mp3's in the Zune/Content/0100/???

The mp3's can then survive a soft reset, the just can't be viewed from the Music and Videos app. Hope this info can be useful to someone out there. I'm sure it will be.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-26-2011, 04:27 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive

elcapo24682 is becoming a great contributor
Re: How To: Download mp3's from the internet

Or a more superior way to do it is convert said .mp3 file to .wma pro format then sync to phone from PC. The file will be smaller in size and have better sound quality. This works with wp7 devices with NoDo update installed as opposed to the above.
Old 03-26-2011, 09:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul, TP2, Vogue, HD2(Android 2.2.1/WP7)
Threadstarter

Mike G. is keeping up the good workMike G. is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by elcapo24682 View Post
Or a more superior way to do it is convert said .mp3 file to .wma pro format then sync to phone from PC. The file will be smaller in size and have better sound quality. This works with wp7 devices with NoDo update installed as opposed to the above.
Syncing to a computer and downloading on the phone are TWO COMPLETELY DIFFERENT THINGS. I think you missed the point. WP7 already has the ability to sync with a pc and that has never been a issue. It can sync with Zune or as a removable disc if your registry edit the pc your syncing with. Your way is NOT superior. It's just different. The purpose of this is to be able to download mp3's from the internet permanently on the device itself without the need of a pc. I know it may seem foreign to a geeker to be away from a pc for a substantial period of time, but this is the real world and people want this ability on the go and to not feel ball and chained to a computer. I'm just trying to find a solution. Either help or not.
Old 03-27-2011, 06:51 AM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive

elcapo24682 is becoming a great contributor

I am trying to help. The wp7 devices that have the 7389-90 builds (NoDo update) Do not have the ability to unlock so I suggested an alternative for those people.
Old 03-29-2011, 12:02 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

deadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to deadwrong03 Send a message via MSN to deadwrong03 Send a message via Yahoo to deadwrong03 Send a message via Skype™ to deadwrong03

thanks for this i made a thread on xda asking if anyone figured a way to save mp3s with touchxplorer that u download now whenever verizon releases the trophy and they release a unlocker for the nodo update ill be giving this a try. i wish there was a way to update the zune library to add mp3's and files u download on the go without the need for a computer

thats what pisses me off about wp7 everybody is not at a comptuer 24/7 i used my touch pro 2 to download new albums mixtapes and songs all the time without my computer and it was simple and i could update my library on the phone in windows media player no problem. i hope they can remedy this in the future it seems like android is the only platform that can do this right now
Old 03-29-2011, 03:53 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apple iPhone 8 Plus
Carrier: At&t

mindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to mindfrost82

Quote:
Originally Posted by elcapo24682 View Post
I am trying to help. The wp7 devices that have the 7389-90 builds (NoDo update) Do not have the ability to unlock so I suggested an alternative for those people.
If you were unlocked with the 7004 or 7008 builds and upgraded to NoDo, it seems to keep it unlocked as long as you do the hack to prevent it from relocking when connected to Zune.
Old 03-30-2011, 04:52 PM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindfrost82 View Post
If you were unlocked with the 7004 or 7008 builds and upgraded to NoDo, it seems to keep it unlocked as long as you do the hack to prevent it from relocking when connected to Zune.
that seems to be the case.

also, I'm willing to be a new unlock is right around the corner.
Old 03-31-2011, 09:59 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 and every single phone verizon had...
Carrier: Verizon

Noir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIP

a new sideloading? Not that I know of
but a bonafide root is just around the corner and it does rock...

PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > General Windows Phone 7 Discussions