PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   General Windows Phone 7 Discussions (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=164)
-   -   Need a "Yes" or "No" answer please (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=138879)

Jsunn 12-27-2010 02:35 PM

Need a "Yes" or "No" answer please

Hello All,

Here is my situation.

My office blocks any type of google sync from my work computer, so I am forced to maintain two calendars at least. My work Calendar and my personal.

Not a bad situation, but the other issue is that I am using 64bit Office 2010 which also does not sync with Google calendar. I was using gSyncit, but the latest updates from MS caused it not to work any longer?? Now trying to maintain 3 calendars, work, personal, and google. ](*,)

SO....my WM 6.5 through active sync, syncs with Google Calendar, but my desktop will not and neither will my Home computer. WM 6.5 does not sync with office 2010 64bit! :disgust:

Will WP7 sync with Outlook 2010 calendar, contacts, and tasks?

Cliff Notes: WM 6.5 doesn't work with new office 2010 64bit... Will WP7 sync with Office 2010 64bit? Yes or No?

Thanks!
-Jason

AZTECHKA 12-27-2010 02:40 PM

Re: Need a "Yes" or "No" answer please

Yes...
But that's not the whole story...
Will WP7 sync with Outlook 2010 calendar - Bing

dprout69 12-27-2010 02:49 PM

No...
But that's not the whole story

Jsunn 12-27-2010 02:50 PM

So in Short....

WP7 will not Sync directly with the desktop. You have to setup some type of Web Service that will act as an "inbetween" for the phone and Outlook?

Since Google doesn't look like they are going to update their tool for Outlook 2010, then Windows Live Calendar and contacts are the only show in town?

-Jason

mindfrost82 12-27-2010 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jsunn (Post 2024926)
So in Short....

WP7 will not Sync directly with the desktop. You have to setup some type of Web Service that will act as an "inbetween" for the phone and Outlook?

Since Google doesn't look like they are going to update their tool for Outlook 2010, then Windows Live Calendar and contacts are the only show in town?

-Jason

That sounds about right to me. Windows Live offers Exchange services on WP7 and Android now, so it'll do email, contacts and calendar (not tasks though).

AZTECHKA 12-27-2010 04:08 PM

So...
YES.

But that's the answer to your second question.
p.

darren.wlsn1 12-27-2010 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mindfrost82 (Post 2024966)
That sounds about right to me. Windows Live offers Exchange services on WP7 and Android now, so it'll do email, contacts and calendar (not tasks though).

ya it works well on wp and android, its a extra step but worth it.

Dr.8820 12-27-2010 04:35 PM

Wirelessly posted (PPCGEEKS Fire Dept.: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; Windows Phone 6.5))

hopefully a software upgrade fixes it.

Jsunn 12-27-2010 04:45 PM

OK, thanks for the information. The aspect that is frustrating is that Google doesn't seem to want to support 64bit Outlook with their sync tool.

I have a Live account, but I don't necessarily want to 2 calendars and set of contacts on my local machine, my .pst calendar and then another calendar and contacts list for my "Live" account.

That still means I have to manage 3 seperate catergories.... work, home, cloud.

Can I just keep everything on the cloud? I am still a little new to this?

My understanding is that using "Live" will create a new set of folders that I would be accessing through my Destop Outlook Client? SO, I will also have a set of folders from my PST file that already includes all of my e-mail, tasks, contacts, calendar?

I just want to sync my PST file and all of its contents with the cloud and then sync my phone with the cloud.

Is this possible or will I always have 2 sets of folders and calendars?

Thanks,
-Jason

nrfitchett4 12-29-2010 10:02 PM

I thought wp7 syncs just fine with gmail, but only supports 1 calendar....