PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > General Windows Phone 7 Discussions
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2010, 09:18 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: vze

josserman is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
WM7 as a mass storage device

I understand you can change some reg settings to allow you usb mass storage capabilities to your WM7 from that computer, but I am trying to hook my phone up to the usb in my car so I can browse and play songs off the device. Any way to change it on the phone so the phone itself acts as a mass storage device by default when plugged in?

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/front-page...abilities.html

Thanks,
Justin
Old 12-15-2010, 09:33 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
Re: WM7 as a mass storage device

its wp7 not wm7 but not sure why you cant just connect phone to car and play whats on phone. i gave my wp phone back but my tp2 works just fine with no tweaks/hacks.
Old 12-15-2010, 09:34 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apple iPhone 8 Plus
Carrier: At&t

mindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to mindfrost82

Not that I know of. Maybe in a future update.
Old 12-15-2010, 09:39 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindfrost82 View Post
Not that I know of. Maybe in a future update.
wow that blows, tp2 looks better than ever now. well surrounds got them cool speakers though but still..
Old 12-15-2010, 11:15 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: vze
Threadstarter

josserman is a n00b

I had the TP2, Imagio, and about 15 other WM devices and will still say the WP7 (got it right this time) is by far superior. While I can't browse the songs via usb hook up to my car sterio as I was able to with older devices I can say the bluetooth is seamless something that has always given me challenges with older WM devices. In fact not only does the BT Phone work great but the BT audio to my car works great. My only complaint is that I can change the songs from the phone. So until this is fixed or a hack comes out I guess I am stuck w/ either streaming bt audio and controling it from my phone or sticking w/ my old 3rd gen ipod
Old 12-20-2010, 10:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Tilt2
Carrier: ATT

bennyj77 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by josserman View Post
I understand you can change some reg settings to allow you usb mass storage capabilities to your WM7 from that computer, but I am trying to hook my phone up to the usb in my car so I can browse and play songs off the device. Any way to change it on the phone so the phone itself acts as a mass storage device by default when plugged in?

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/front-page...abilities.html

Thanks,
Justin
Why do you need this? All you have to do is download the Zune software and sync your music with it to your phone. My phone is always hooked to my truck. I have over 1000 songs on there. Most of them are rap singles or mixtapes.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > General Windows Phone 7 Discussions