PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > General Windows Phone 7 Discussions

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2010, 07:19 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Telus

jsalh is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Unable to connet to Secure Wi-Fi

Is anyone else having problems connecting their HTC Surround 7 to a secure wi-fi network.

My phone displays all the networks available, and when I select a secure one (anyone) - it will prompt for the code, and then sit there for about 15 seconds and come back with an error "“your phone couldn’t reach the Wi-Fi network”. Similar to what is reported here : Windows Phone 7 Wifi bug affecting US devices? | MobileTechWorld.

I have talked to Telus - nobody has complained to them yet; HTC told me that my wi-fi settings are either incorrect on the router or I should operate in unsecure mode - but did say a update is coming in 2011 Q1 - but did not specify if the wifi fix was included. Note - all other devices from my old TP2, laptop, itouch, and 360 all connect fine to my secure router.

So I was just wondering if anyone else has this issue - or heard of any workaround (other then mac filtering), or if they know of any real target dates for fix from Microsoft and/or HTC.

Thx
Old 11-18-2010, 07:52 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Telus
Threadstarter

jsalh is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: Unable to connet to Secure Wi-Fi

Problem Resolved.

Had to factory reset and now it is connecting to secure wifi without any issues.
Old 11-18-2010, 08:54 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
Re: Unable to connet to Secure Wi-Fi

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsalh View Post
Problem Resolved.

Had to factory reset and now it is connecting to secure wifi without any issues.
i was just gonna tell you this, i had same issue on same phone and usually i hard reset every ppc after i buy it but this wasnt my phone so i didnt till this issue. glad your fixed up.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > General Windows Phone 7 Discussions