PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > General Windows Phone 7 Discussions

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2010, 05:38 PM
Chillin' with my Geeks!
Pocket PC: Epic 4G & Iphone is my toy :)
Carrier: Sprint/PPCGeeks

GirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Now that it's released, is WP7 worth it?

merged two topics started today about wp7 verdict

If you wanna make the world a better place take a look at yourself and then make a change ~Michael Jackson
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-15-2010, 06:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia
Carrier: Verizon

aximtreo is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

I can't wait, come on Verizon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!1
Old 11-15-2010, 06:21 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

well now it seems its getting interesting, looks like its almost jailbreak/rooted.
Windows Phone 7 Jailbreak, Download WP7 Free

look on xda too, there almost there too.
Old 11-15-2010, 06:56 PM
No charge for Awesomeness
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

Musicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
well now it seems its getting interesting, looks like its almost jailbreak/rooted.
Windows Phone 7 Jailbreak, Download WP7 Free

look on xda too, there almost there too.
I don't know what site you're linking to, but there is a story about this on the front page of PPCGeeks.com
PPCGeeks.com ยป Windows Phone 7 Rooted – Jailbreak Coming Soon!

Spread the thanks! Click http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/images/but...ost_thanks.gif if someone helps you!
Old 11-16-2010, 01:24 AM
Two-Time Mafiosi
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt

Kliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via MSN to Kliptik

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
it sux though that the tiles reload every friggin time you leave/comeback to home screen, its not a great idea and some of you will see what im talking about soon and agree and then starting a thread on"my battery life sux"
Actually the tiles are updated via "push notifications" from a cloud server, so the phone isn't polling a server every 2 minutes for new data. It only updates when the cloud tells it to. MS set it up this way mostly for the conservation of battery life.
Old 11-16-2010, 01:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Diamond

matty032 is keeping up the good workmatty032 is keeping up the good work

Agreed. I like the looks much better over apple, and googles. Google is just a copy of apples look. Just rows of icons, with some widgets occaisonally thrown in. Very bland.
Old 11-16-2010, 07:07 PM
The EVO Guru
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

brownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by matty032 View Post
Agreed. I like the looks much better over apple, and googles. Google is just a copy of apples look. Just rows of icons, with some widgets occaisonally thrown in. Very bland.
Uh... "google" looks nothing like IOS. If you're talking about SAMSUNG's interface thats one thing but vanilla android nor sense look anything similar. WP7 took more "notes" from the way Apple does things with this new OS... they just dont LOOK alike.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-16-2010, 10:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre,HTC Touch Pro2
Threadstarter

smoove21 knows their stuffsmoove21 knows their stuffsmoove21 knows their stuffsmoove21 knows their stuffsmoove21 knows their stuffsmoove21 knows their stuffsmoove21 knows their stuff
Send a message via Yahoo to smoove21

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownhornet View Post
Uh... "google" looks nothing like IOS. If you're talking about SAMSUNG's interface thats one thing but vanilla android nor sense look anything similar. WP7 took more "notes" from the way Apple does things with this new OS... they just dont LOOK alike.
LOL This proves the point i made in another thread. Most people don't realize what the real android interface looks like.
Playstation 3/Xbox360/Wii/PC..Which is best? Join the debate!>> http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=112741
Old 11-16-2010, 10:29 PM
No charge for Awesomeness
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

Musicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIP

Yep, Android is just a few "homescreens" where you can put shortcuts to apps, and a couple widgets. iOS only differs in the inability to add widgets, and all your apps are on your "homescreens" all the time.

I honestly never saw the "innovation" in iOS. I was using a Treo 700p when the iPhone came out and I thought "change the background to a solid black and this is iOS."
Old 11-17-2010, 12:22 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG V10, iPhone 6 and Nokia ICON

DavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to DavidinCT Send a message via MSN to DavidinCT

I still want to see someone who uses a WP7 phone on a daily use for a business or something else. Day to day with push mail (with more than 1 account would be nice), texts, e-mail attachments (excel/word docs, etc).

Someone must be a hardcore user here who can give the real performace in the real working world...????? Also battery life with active tiles going all the time.

I'll admit, my TP2 is not the worse in this, I have push mail on 2 accounts (hotmail and exchange) and use it all the time, I just hate the speed of the device and over clocking helps but, it tends to lock up a little more than normal..
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > General Windows Phone 7 Discussions

Tags
ios, microsoft, review, webos, wp7