PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   General Windows Phone 7 Discussions (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=164)
-   -   Besides "HTC WP7 Touch Pro3" what else Sprint (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=136938)

afolayan702 11-13-2010 09:26 PM

Besides "HTC WP7 Touch Pro3" what else Sprint

I would like to have a WP7 now. I got to rememeber the trade off: better plan with Sprint(in my area, no 4G tho.) So what do I have to look forward to besides TP3? I personally am done with the physical keyboard, and its a constant reminder of the usless Touch Pro I got only because the Thoughtful people at the Sprint store told me Microsoft was working on an undate and my phone would be updated with it... yeah im pissed.:angry1:

Musicman247 11-14-2010 09:21 AM

Re: Besides "HTC WP7 Touch Pro3" what else Sprint

You know just as much as we do.

No roadmaps have been leaked, and Sprint employees don't know anything (and if they did they wouldn't talk for fear of losing their jobs). All we can do is speculate based on what phones Sprint has offered in the past compared to what has come out for WP7 already.

My guess is that Samsung will be bringing a Galaxy S variant (4" AMOLED, thin), HTC will bring over either the surround or the Mozart, and there might be an offering from LG, but based on previous Sprint phones that may be a long shot.

demonlordoftheround 11-14-2010 11:28 AM

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

There is a Windows Phone 7 Pro model that is likely headed to Sprint next year. Keyboard like the pro 2.

BooDaddy 11-14-2010 05:01 PM

What we do know is that MS has delayed the CDMA versions of WP7 until first quarter 2011, so theres still a few months before anything is even announced.

afolayan702 11-14-2010 05:15 PM

Ill try to exercises patience. Just hard when I have to restart my phone every morning, and when I want to play music on it when working out or studying in library or opening a contact to call its a chore. I don't even try grabbing phone numbers anymore on the fly (too long and might as well let them try to grab mine lol.) I do hope there will be more than one option to pick from, not like Epic or Evo...

jcable2 11-26-2010 10:32 PM

it looks like lg windows 7 phone might be heading to sprint, just watched smallville patriot and lois had an lg windows 7 phone, but there was
no carrier but sprint sponsers smallville always

demonlordoftheround 11-26-2010 11:42 PM

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

sprint has had lots of product placement on smallville.

afolayan702 11-27-2010 10:48 PM

thats interesting info! I've been holding my hovering over switching to tmobile. LG i don't own any of their products but would be very interested in their version of wp7... what does LG offer differ than HTCPro- (keyboard? or camera?)

afolayan702 12-08-2010 10:53 PM

Man the wait is like xmas right now. I keep looking at the Focus and HD7 and before I know it I'm halfway to the register. It should be easy to pick a handset but with contracts/area of service it becomes clouded. I don't know how to flash or edit my TP2. Even though this WP7 is 1.0 the things it can do now it must be doing well. The updates can only make it a smoother experience... "sigh"

Squirrelxss 12-14-2010 01:20 PM

Not sure but very curios on what they have to offer in the future.