PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > General Windows Phone 7 Discussions

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2010, 01:47 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha
Pocket PC: iPhone 5... Y Que?
Carrier: Esprin'

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Besides "HTC WP7 Touch Pro3" what else Sprint

All we can do is sit on our hands and wait it out guys. There's nothing concrete. The people at sprintusers.com have a petition to sprint asking for what they call the diamond 3 or 7 or whatever... Which would essentially be a WP7 phone like the HD2. There were some rumors about it way back in August but those all died down. I'm waiting patiently.
p.
Old 12-14-2010, 08:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

afolayan702 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

I was wondering if Touch Pro 2 was on T-Mobile, as well as Sprint, would CDMA HD7 ir Dell Venue Pro show up as on Sprint. I mean Dell has been very quiet with their launch holding back even until January- speculation I know. Still to think that the Launch of CDMA handsets in U.S. would only be HTC Trophy(Verizon) and HTC Touch Pro 7(Sprint) it seems that there would be 2 devices at least per carrier(U.S.). If both carriers are exclusively holding their handsets, perhaps other phones that are on other carriers will be the "second option wp7." While the newer handsets used by samsung/htc/lg will have amazing specs: Tegra etc. around June.
Old 12-14-2010, 08:36 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha
Pocket PC: iPhone 5... Y Que?
Carrier: Esprin'

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

It's like you say... Speculation... It sure would be nice... But there's nothing out there that even remotely indicates that will happen. The specs on the new phones are much better however Microsoft (to my knowledge) has not changed the specs on WP7 devices yet. And manufacturers (in my opinion) are not going to put out something better for an OS that may or may not be a hit. So... We'll see.
p.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-14-2010, 08:48 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Sprint will get the Touch Masterbater.

Last edited by horndoctor; 12-15-2010 at 01:48 AM.
Old 12-15-2010, 04:02 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG V10, iPhone 6 and Nokia ICON
Carrier: Verizon

DavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to DavidinCT Send a message via MSN to DavidinCT

I wonder what verizon will be getting besides the Trophy (claimed by sites to be the entry level WP7 phone), I'd much rather have the Touch Pro 7 because I want a keyboard (bigger fingers have a hard time with on screen keyboards).

I really want a slim line, 4" AMOLED display or better, qwety keyboard, but, if verizon is only getting the Trophy, I might just wait.

Sprint/Verizon CDMA phones so if Sprint gets one, chances are Vzw could be ordering it (or other way around).

CES is only a few weeks away, so I am sure we will all know more by then (and releases of base models a few weeks after, if planned)

I really hope we get some kick a$$ phones showing up at CES...

My only hope for VZW's delay is they are making WP7 phone that is LTE compatable....heh..

http://mc.anywherecool.com/Blog/
If I helped in anyway, please hit thanks !
Old 12-16-2010, 08:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I agree, CES hopefully will shed some light on what devices OEMs will produce for wp7. My concern these last couple of days is that Carriers and Microsoft will not take advantage of new technology that is coming out. Touch Pro 7 IMO is a step back when there was room (physically) on the keyboard. Still maybe I would not have a problem if they would give two choices. I have lightly skimmed what others say about Verizon/Sprint base to add to the number of wp7 and cannot help but tell MS: "Huh, maybe ya shoulda thought about us." I can't find the link but saw a BAD pic of TP7 running the software and it looked yellow, obviously from flash of camera, but put side by side with Lg or Samsung, or even late to the party Dell I would gladly wait till may for one of those handsets. My $ is the only thing that talks to companies with their products and I can't endorse an uninspiring handset to realisticely own for 2 years on contract. If Contract was not a problem and prices were not $500 I would cool with it. But like you say wait and see...
Old 12-18-2010, 01:41 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

why is everyone calling it the Touch Pro 3/7.. isnt it the HD7 Pro.... this isnt a new device in the Touch Pro line.. its a new device in the HD Product line.. HD1, HD2, HD7, HD7 Pro... - although i guess it was called a Touch HD.. but noone says, "hey check out my Touch HD2, just HD2...

...just sounds funny when all you guys say Touch Pro 3/7 since thats not how anyone refers to it lol
Old 12-19-2010, 05:36 AM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
why is everyone calling it the Touch Pro 3/7.. isnt it the HD7 Pro.... this isnt a new device in the Touch Pro line.. its a new device in the HD Product line.. HD1, HD2, HD7, HD7 Pro... - although i guess it was called a Touch HD.. but noone says, "hey check out my Touch HD2, just HD2...

...just sounds funny when all you guys say Touch Pro 3/7 since thats not how anyone refers to it lol
no..its not...its official name is the HTC 7 Pro...

so we would call it 7 Pro

HTC - Products - HTC 7 Pro - Overview

At least thats what HTC calls it :/

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 12-19-2010, 09:07 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post

I think its the same product, I mean who is HTC fooling, using same style to sell a software upgrade. It to me is TP3 cause it looks like TP2. Reminds me of Crystal Pepsi. That did so well too...
Old 12-19-2010, 11:20 AM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
no..its not...its official name is the HTC 7 Pro...

so we would call it 7 Pro

HTC - Products - HTC 7 Pro - Overview

At least thats what HTC calls it :/
Thanks
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > General Windows Phone 7 Discussions