PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   General Windows Phone 7 Discussions (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=164)
-   -   XBOX Live Integration (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=134984)

nkdevelopment 10-06-2010 01:16 PM

XBOX Live Integration

Will an XBOX live account be included with the phone or will there be the charge to get the account like on the XBOX?

I think we will have to purchase it extra but maybe someone knows better than me. It would be cool if it came with a month trial or something like that.

Kliptik 10-10-2010 04:13 PM

Re: XBOX Live Integration

Quote:

Originally Posted by nkdevelopment (Post 1967345)
Will an XBOX live account be included with the phone or will there be the charge to get the account like on the XBOX?

I think we will have to purchase it extra but maybe someone knows better than me. It would be cool if it came with a month trial or something like that.

You link the XBOX Live on the phone to your existing GamerTag (XBOX Live account). If you don't have a GamerTag (XBOX Live account) you can set up a Silver Membership for free, and it stays free. The paid membership is a Gold Membership. Either Silver or Gold can be linked to your phone.

Also, since the phone syncs through the Zune software: If your GamerTag email address and your Zune account email are the same, as soon as you connect the phone to the PC, it will associate your phone with your XBOX Live GamerTag automatically.

BooDaddy 10-18-2010 11:48 AM

I think Kliptik nailed it on this one.

nkdevelopment 10-18-2010 11:36 PM

I'll agree with that.

darren.wlsn1 10-18-2010 11:40 PM

good article on it with vids.
Xbox Live on Windows Phone 7 Hands On: Mobile Levels Up

DavidinCT 10-19-2010 12:55 PM

Xbox live gaming is free on the PC side, you could even create a profile with no cost. I have been playing games fine on a silver account (free) on my PC for a wile now(games for windows, requires a xbox/live a account to play online) .

I'm sure this is the model they are following.

PriYankee 10-19-2010 06:00 PM

That would be awesome if i could link my xbox gamertag to my Win7 phone! :D

AZTECHKA 10-19-2010 06:01 PM

You can... You are in their prime demographic. That's why I think this OS will be just fine.
p.

BooDaddy 10-19-2010 06:05 PM

Yep. And, it seems that there will be Live games on the platform as well, and they plan on integrating all the Live gaming platform achievements and scoring somehow, which is cool.

PriYankee 10-19-2010 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AZTECHKA (Post 1977209)
You can... You are in their prime demographic. That's why I think this OS will be just fine.
p.

Well don't I feel special =P LOL

& I agree i think Win7 is gonna be great :)

@BooDaddy That would be really cool & convenient. I'm exciteddd lol :D