PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > General Windows Phone 7 Discussions

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-2010, 12:11 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

testacon is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartestacon is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartestacon is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Samsung's take on WP7

I wonder if this opens the floodgates with other manufactures to input their opinions of WP7 as well...

http://www.engadget.com/2010/09/02/s...roid-platform/

Personally I didn't think Samsung was THAT big of a player in the previous WM line to make a comment like that but meh, I shouldn't complain about negative publicity either, I welcome the slap in the face, anything to get Microsoft to reverse their stance on closing this platform down and loosening the OS reigns.
Old 09-10-2010, 10:36 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Re: Samsung's take on WP7

Quote:
Originally Posted by testacon View Post
I wonder if this opens the floodgates with other manufactures to input their opinions of WP7 as well...

http://www.engadget.com/2010/09/02/s...roid-platform/

Personally I didn't think Samsung was THAT big of a player in the previous WM line to make a comment like that but meh, I shouldn't complain about negative publicity either, I welcome the slap in the face, anything to get Microsoft to reverse their stance on closing this platform down and loosening the OS reigns.
Actually Samsung is a big player..as far as windows mobile is concerned worldwide they pretty much sell as much handsets as HTC. They are just not as big seller in US due to only wm phone being on verizon aka the Omnia..but worldwide they sell quite a bit...

But its fairly understandable why they are not putting down on WP7..as far as the company is concerned its a liability..Right now they support Android (cause its the hot new growing os and its cheap)...and their own Bada platform (which is their underdog)..focusing on WP7 would directly compete with their Bada platform...simple as that...But obviously they are still gonna release WP7 devices just in case it becomes the next hot thing and they don't want to miss out on that possibility...not to mention monetize on M$ free advertising....

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 10-01-2010, 04:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

Silent_Patriot is becoming a great contributor

Hmm, this is interesting:

Shocker! Samsung licenses Windows Phone 7 -- Engadget

Maybe they knew about Microsoft getting ready to sue Motorola over patents related to Android?

Microsoft files ITC complaint against Motorola over alleged Android-related patent infringement -- Engadget
Old 10-01-2010, 07:22 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent_Patriot View Post
Hmm, this is interesting:

Shocker! Samsung licenses Windows Phone 7 -- Engadget

Maybe they knew about Microsoft getting ready to sue Motorola over patents related to Android?

Microsoft files ITC complaint against Motorola over alleged Android-related patent infringement -- Engadget
It has nothing to do with Patents...Samsung has been a partner of M$ for a LONG time and even made Proto-type WP7 devices for M$ to give out to developers...it was kind of a given...
Old 10-02-2010, 05:36 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung epic + Samsung galaxy Tab
Carrier: sprint

ajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuff

I am just glad no more symbian I wonder if that means no more instincts to (or instincts with android or wp7)
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > General Windows Phone 7 Discussions