PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > General Windows Phone 7 Discussions

Notices

View Poll Results: When will you switch over to WP7?
Switch carriers and be one of the first with a WP7 device 2 9.09%
Hold off until my carrier gets a WP7 device 17 77.27%
Waiting for it to get ported (fingers crossed) 0 0%
Other 3 13.64%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2010, 06:58 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO 4G-EVO 3D-Acer Iconia A500
Carrier: Sprint

gmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
WP7 Carrier! Who Will You Choose?

Since this is a mainly CDMA website I wanted to know what are your plans for the people planning on upgrading to WP7. Since we all know (or assuming) AT&T is probably going to be the first US carrier of WP7 followed by T-Mobile and then Verizon (but it sounds like Verizon is backing out) and of course Sprint last. For the guys who can't wait for WP7 are you going to switch carriers to be one of the first in the US with WP7? Or are you holding off until your cell carrier gets a WP7 device?

Old 08-21-2010, 09:30 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG V10, iPhone 6 and Nokia ICON
Carrier: Verizon

DavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to DavidinCT Send a message via MSN to DavidinCT
Re: WP7 Carrier! Who Will You Choose?

On Vzw...waiting to see what happens, if At&T get it, they might have it a few weeks before everyone else. Microsoft wants this to get public as possable, they are not going to lock it to one carrier for long.

Vzw has always supported Windows Mobile devices, they have no reason to drop off now.

If Vzw does not carry them (I know for a fact that they will because I have talked to some high ups at vzw who know for a fact), I will change carriers....

I will wait for the first few models to be released and reviewed before I get one tho...

http://mc.anywherecool.com/Blog/
If I helped in anyway, please hit thanks !
Old 08-21-2010, 09:47 PM
Just call me Dr. Doctor
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: Bitch ass, big red

mlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
I will not switch carriers for a phone. Sprint has always taken great care of me and I am very happy with them. I will just wait til they get a wp7 phone.

EVO on Tapatalk
Old 08-21-2010, 10:59 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidinCT View Post
On Vzw...waiting to see what happens, if At&T get it, they might have it a few weeks before everyone else. Microsoft wants this to get public as possable, they are not going to lock it to one carrier for long.

Vzw has always supported Windows Mobile devices, they have no reason to drop off now.

If Vzw does not carry them (I know for a fact that they will because I have talked to some high ups at vzw who know for a fact), I will change carriers....

I will wait for the first few models to be released and reviewed before I get one tho...
They have plenty of reasons not to carry WP7...

1) They are pissed at M$ because of the kin

2) M$ is pissed at verizon cause of the kin

3) They are gonna get a cdma iphone..which most likely will be their primary focus followed by their Droid lineups...they are in no hurry to add a 3rd out the door...

But once it does come out I do suggest for people to visit an AT&T store and try it out yourself regardless of whether you plan on buying it or not..

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 08-22-2010, 04:31 PM
truth mirror
Pocket PC: N Deuce

w7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuff

lol ^^ . I will wait to get it.
Old 08-22-2010, 06:21 PM
VIP Member

DavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
They have plenty of reasons not to carry WP7...

1) They are pissed at M$ because of the kin

2) M$ is pissed at verizon cause of the kin

3) They are gonna get a cdma iphone..which most likely will be their primary focus followed by their Droid lineups...they are in no hurry to add a 3rd out the door...

But once it does come out I do suggest for people to visit an AT&T store and try it out yourself regardless of whether you plan on buying it or not..
Really ? You really think that ? It's like a Chevy dealer saying they are not going to carry a 2010/11 Camaro because GM stopped making them a few years before.

Now the fact that Microsoft and the experts know, WP7 is it. If WP7 is a floop, say "good bye" to Microsoft in the phone marketplace. Microsoft is going to spend MANY millions of dollars in advertising this fall, they have alreay spend BIG $$ to get all the game devlopers to make hit titles for launch and never mind facebook, twitter and everything else that will make WP7 what it is.

So by what you are saying, Verizon will hold not carry a line up of top phones that will have very heavy advertising (paid 90% by Microsoft), claimed by on-line reviewers as a possable iPhone killer because they had 2 phones that didn't sell well and were dropped ???? Never mind that it's not Microsoft making the phones, it's HTC, LG, etc.

Not trying to cause a fight here but, in what your saying, Verizon is going lose money buy not carrying something that might be huge ??

I would be SHOCKED if I didn't see at least 1-2 WP7 models on display at VZW stores on launch, it would be dumb for them not to.
Old 08-22-2010, 10:43 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidinCT View Post
Really ? You really think that ? It's like a Chevy dealer saying they are not going to carry a 2010/11 Camaro because GM stopped making them a few years before.

Now the fact that Microsoft and the experts know, WP7 is it. If WP7 is a floop, say "good bye" to Microsoft in the phone marketplace. Microsoft is going to spend MANY millions of dollars in advertising this fall, they have alreay spend BIG $$ to get all the game devlopers to make hit titles for launch and never mind facebook, twitter and everything else that will make WP7 what it is.

So by what you are saying, Verizon will hold not carry a line up of top phones that will have very heavy advertising (paid 90% by Microsoft), claimed by on-line reviewers as a possable iPhone killer because they had 2 phones that didn't sell well and were dropped ???? Never mind that it's not Microsoft making the phones, it's HTC, LG, etc.

Not trying to cause a fight here but, in what your saying, Verizon is going lose money buy not carrying something that might be huge ??

I would be SHOCKED if I didn't see at least 1-2 WP7 models on display at VZW stores on launch, it would be dumb for them not to.
First of all M$ said that initial launch will be GSM...

now did you read what happened with the Kin? M$ had a contract and promised the kin 2 years ago to verizon..verizon spent money preparing the material and even worked to make a specific cheap data plan for the kin...(something they don't do for any other phone)...so after waiting 2 years on a contract and resources waisted M$ finally gave them the kin(reason for the delay was not cause M$ didnt have the product, more like they spent 2 years redoing it from scratch cause they wanted it to be based of CE and not Danger's OS)

So when they got the kin M$ spent millions advertising the kin, but verizon was already pissed at M$ for doing that so they released the kin but with a 30$ data plan...which pretty much killed the kin...and now M$ is down over 500 million cause of this fiasco. and Verizon also lost money on releasing it cause hardly any sold...

If you want to use a car reference sure..its like GM promising a general car dealer(yes not a chevy dealer but a "General Car Dealer") a car to feature on his next car show and then the dealer spends money on preparing for it and invites all the people but GM doesn't deliver the car..then 2 years later comes to the dealer with the car and forces them to release the car due to the contract...then the car dealer is pissed and charges 80,000$ price tag on a 20,000$ car...during this time GM spent on commercial adversing it and putting the car dealer as the exclusive place to buy it.

So my answer still still stand..Verizon is not getting it for at least a year...

Last edited by gTen; 08-22-2010 at 10:46 PM.
Old 08-23-2010, 08:30 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

cyclical is keeping up the good workcyclical is keeping up the good work

Waiting until Sprint gets the WP7 phones, I don't plan on switching from my Sero plan.
Old 08-24-2010, 02:01 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
So my answer still still stand..Verizon is not getting it for at least a year...
Hehe. Ok, I'll agree to disagree to stop a battle.

I have some contacts and it's been assured by a few people who are pretty high up that VZW has plans to carry it and will have a few models within a few weeks of launch. Few weeks could be a month and a 1/2, you know verizon when it comes to crap like this but, I have been told they will be carrying them as soon as they can. Maybe the 3-4 people I have talked to are all wrong but, who knows.

I guess time will tell, I was not going to buy the 1st phones out the door anyway (unless they had really great reviews).
Old 08-27-2010, 10:48 AM
Chillin' with my Geeks!
Pocket PC: Epic 4G & Iphone is my toy :)
Carrier: Sprint/PPCGeeks

GirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I am waiting for Verizon to get this and release it on 4g. Rumor is that's when Verizon will start selling them. I can't wait!!

If you wanna make the world a better place take a look at yourself and then make a change ~Michael Jackson
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > General Windows Phone 7 Discussions