PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > General Windows Phone 7 Discussions

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2010, 09:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Fuze (HTC Touch Pro)
Carrier: ATT

3DPiper is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Windows Phone 7 syncs through... Live..?

How will Windows Phone 7 sync with your calendar, outlooks, email, etc..?

Right now everything I have is in Outlook (contacts, calendar, RSS, email, everything) and it syncs with SyncCenter..

If everything syncs online through Windows Live, should I go ahead and get an account and start setting it up so I'll be ready..?

-Matthew
Old 07-10-2010, 10:45 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
Re: Windows Phone 7 syncs through... Live..?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3DPiper View Post
How will Windows Phone 7 sync with your calendar, outlooks, email, etc..?

Right now everything I have is in Outlook (contacts, calendar, RSS, email, everything) and it syncs with SyncCenter..

If everything syncs online through Windows Live, should I go ahead and get an account and start setting it up so I'll be ready..?

-Matthew
wouldnt hurt to have extra email addy but i think its early to figure what wp7 will and wont do.
Old 07-11-2010, 07:11 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Incredible
Carrier: Verizon

gambatte is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargambatte is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargambatte is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargambatte is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Supposed to sync through MyPhone or Zune sync interface (like itune - iphone). No more WMDC/AS.

Last edited by gambatte; 07-11-2010 at 07:14 PM.
Old 07-13-2010, 09:22 PM
Two-Time Mafiosi
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt

Kliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via MSN to Kliptik

Quote:
Originally Posted by gambatte View Post
Supposed to sync through MyPhone or Zune sync interface (like itune - iphone). No more WMDC/AS.
Right. Which is prolly why they're not fixing the Outlook 2010 64-bit/WMDC issue... rrrggg....
Old 07-14-2010, 03:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive
Carrier: Sprint

IM0001 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularIM0001 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularIM0001 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via ICQ to IM0001 Send a message via AIM to IM0001 Send a message via MSN to IM0001 Send a message via Skype™ to IM0001

They will probably fix whatever office 2010 issue exist for past devices. Now think. Office 2010 is kinda more geared to the new Cloud idea. I'm guessing they have a simple plan to make it easy to still sync with Outlook if you so choose. Whether its Outlook 07 or 10. (03 might be a smidge different)

Phone History with Sprint: Samsung N400 (Lockup King) - Toshiba VM4050 (Great Screen. No BT) - PPC6700 (Squishy Touchscreen) - Mogul (USB Port No More) - Touch Pro (Davy Jones Locker) - Touch Pro 2 (Oldie But Goodie) - HTC Arrive (I<3WP) : History of Pocket PC's: Dell Axim X50V WM6.5.3 (Still the best VGA PDA gaming and multimedia device since 2004)
Old 07-14-2010, 09:04 PM
Two-Time Mafiosi
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt

Kliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via MSN to Kliptik

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM0001 View Post
They will probably fix whatever office 2010 issue exist for past devices. Now think. Office 2010 is kinda more geared to the new Cloud idea. I'm guessing they have a simple plan to make it easy to still sync with Outlook if you so choose. Whether its Outlook 07 or 10. (03 might be a smidge different)
MS has already stated that they will not being fixing the WMDC/Office 2010 64-bit problem. They stated that they recommend using a 32-bit Office 2010 Suite (that is not Click-to-Run) if you need to sync through WMDC.
Old 07-15-2010, 11:42 AM
Regular 'Geeker

gambatte is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargambatte is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargambatte is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargambatte is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3DPiper View Post
AFAIK Live mobile client still has no calendar syncing capability to PPCs. There's the Outlook connector for the PCs. If M$ was going to do that, they would have done it a long time ago. Every1's been asking for it. That would make Outlook obsolete for all except Exchange (business) users. Kliptik's right. WMDC is EOL. WM is EOL. M$ says don't install x64 Office unless you are "power user"...even if you have a 64 bit system...if you want to sync.

Last edited by gambatte; 07-15-2010 at 11:45 AM.
Old 07-15-2010, 11:59 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

looks like its confirmed but i like this deal. (so far)
http://www.informationweek.com/blog/...RSKH4ATMY32JVN
Old 07-15-2010, 04:46 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
looks like its confirmed but i like this deal. (so far)
http://www.informationweek.com/blog/...RSKH4ATMY32JVN
Hehe. Curiously, they avoided the word "sync". I can view Live calendar with Skyfire or Opera now. They talked about "moving data" to SkyDrive storage. MyPhone doesn't sync PC. Just hope it works out....
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > General Windows Phone 7 Discussions