PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > General Windows Phone 7 Discussions

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2010, 09:30 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: pro2
Carrier: sprint

birddseedd is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Will windows phone 7 os suck or be good u think?

appologies for the long post...

Do you think the windows phone 7 os will be anything special?

Ill be honest, i am a bit impressed with the iphone 4 os. however i will not deal with att (though i deal with sprint since i have such a "cheap" plan). We dont have 3g for att here so i WILL NOT DEAL WITH DIALUP SPEEDS. ,,, rant over

here are my reasons, though untill now i wouldent concider getting an iphone there are a few things i like about it that they seem to do right where MS doesent seem to care,

for one, the rotate feature, on the iphone it works great. but with a tp2 its pretty much useless. at least in my experience. i will have the keyboard open, close it and tip the phone upright, and its still in landscape, and stays there. things like this can get quite annoying.

it would be nice if there were more than 20 apps in the ms marketplace, but thats another thread.

anyway, what have you heard about windows phone 7. will it be compeete with iphone 4 os? or will it be like windows mobile, basicially it sucks unless you get a cooked rom by someone in the communitity that probably works harder on it than MS did in the first place.

dont get me wrong, i love my tp2, but the oem rom just sucks. and honestly, though windows mobile is much more customizable and what not, the iphone is pretty fun to use, smoother scroling the lag is constant so you can get used to it, where windows mobile doesent lag as much as it simply hangs. (seriously stock rom, no changes, inputing text into the browser takes somewhere around 5 seconds per character)

i havent looked much into windows phone 7 other than it reminds me of windows media center.
Old 06-24-2010, 09:32 PM
Dallas Mavericks #1 Fan!!
Pocket PC: HTC ThunderBolt
Carrier: Verizon

nrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIP
Re: Will windows phone 7 os suck or be good u think?

if they pull off what they are trying to do with everything being integrated (no real apps to open), then it will be a success. Might take a couple of generations to get there. That's why I bought the HD2!!!

Old 06-24-2010, 09:36 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint SERO

muyoso is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmuyoso is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmuyoso is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmuyoso is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Android is the new Windows Mobile. WP7 might catch up to android in a few generations/years, but right now, anyone who considers themselves a phone geek is going to want to mosey on over to Android. Android has the second largest application market with a majority of its apps being free. Android is fully customizable and almost all of its phones can run custom roms. WP7 is going to take a while to catch up.
Old 06-24-2010, 09:38 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

hd2 no option fer me, verison is too expensive, gsm is too slow. so i would have to wait for a new phone to be built?

integrated? as in the apps are part of the os, as in no 3rd party apps? pocket quicken is a must for me.

what all are they saying?
Old 06-24-2010, 09:39 PM
Two-Time Mafiosi
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt

Kliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via MSN to Kliptik

From what I've seen, the integration is killer. You're talking games that can be played on Xbox, pc, and wp7, all linked to your xbox live acct. so you save it, switch devices, and pick up where you left off. seamless (supposedly) integration of social media, photos, videos, contacts, messaging, email, etc.

Plus when they put on a 1+Ghz Snapdragon... Watch out!!! no more laggy/boggy/hangng for WinMo (though i 'spose its not actually WinMo anymore). the biggest drawback i see right now is taht apps for WM will NOT be compatible on WP7.

EDIT* So your current PocketQuic=ken will not work on WP7.
Old 06-24-2010, 09:51 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kliptik View Post
From what I've seen, the integration is killer. You're talking games that can be played on Xbox, pc, and wp7, all linked to your xbox live acct. so you save it, switch devices, and pick up where you left off. seamless (supposedly) integration of social media, photos, videos, contacts, messaging, email, etc.

Plus when they put on a 1+Ghz Snapdragon... Watch out!!! no more laggy/boggy/hangng for WinMo (though i 'spose its not actually WinMo anymore). the biggest drawback i see right now is taht apps for WM will NOT be compatible on WP7.

EDIT* So your current PocketQuic=ken will not work on WP7.
that will suck, but hopefully they will recode it for the new os. a 1ghz proc would be cool, too bad there is no cdma 1ghz proc pda (android doesent count)
Old 06-24-2010, 09:56 PM
Dallas Mavericks #1 Fan!!
Pocket PC: HTC ThunderBolt

nrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by birddseedd View Post
hd2 no option fer me, verison is too expensive, gsm is too slow. so i would have to wait for a new phone to be built?

integrated? as in the apps are part of the os, as in no 3rd party apps? pocket quicken is a must for me.

what all are they saying?
HD2 is on t-mobile and from what I am hearing, the data speeds are 1-2mbps even without HSPA+ (which San Antonio is on the list for next rounds before the end of the year). On my tp2 I only get 500-700 kbps.

There will still be 3rd party apps, you just won't have to necessarily open them. A lot will be connected to your people screen, where you can twit, facebook, text, email, etc, all from a central location. All updates are pushed automatically so you won't have to open apps to get them.
Like I said, it sounds promising, and the newest demoes are actually pretty smooth looking.
Old 06-24-2010, 09:56 PM
Two-Time Mafiosi

Kliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by birddseedd View Post
that will suck, but hopefully they will recode it for the new os. a 1ghz proc would be cool, too bad there is no cdma 1ghz proc pda (android doesent count)
Don't speak too soon...

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/s...edPhoneId=5334

1Ghz Snapdragon running WM6.5.3
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-24-2010, 10:32 PM
Old Dirty Jamaican
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon
Carrier: Sprint

Wesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kliptik View Post
Don't speak too soon...

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/s...edPhoneId=5334

1Ghz Snapdragon running WM6.5.3
Spec's are nice but it's LG . I am just a die hard HTC fan. WP7 Still has me on the fence, Personally I think the UI is horrible looking but thats just me.

I really Hope there are going to be more UI options for it but its honestly to early to make judgment on it. What Microsoft is doing with WP7 is what people have been screaming for, for years. people have been moaning and complaining for along time saying that WM needs a makeover and thats just what what they have done.

The best thing I can suggest with WP7 is just be patient, if you can't go find something else to tide you over till its out in the wild and we get are hands on phone's running it and that's really going to be how we truly know if its going to be a star or flop.

Old 06-24-2010, 10:38 PM
Two-Time Mafiosi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley762 View Post
Spec's are nice but it's LG . I am just a die hard HTC fan. WP7 Still has me on the fence, Personally I think the UI is horrible looking but thats just me.

I really Hope there are going to be more UI options for it but its honestly to early to make judgment on it. What Microsoft is doing with WP7 is what people have been screaming for, for years. people have been moaning and complaining for along time saying that WM needs a makeover and thats just what what they have done.

The best thing I can suggest with WP7 is just be patient, if you can't go find something else to tide you over till its out in the wild and we get are hands on phone's running it and that's really going to be how we truly know if its going to be a star or flop.
Yeah I'm not an LG fan either. HTC all the way! LG is coming out wit h a WP7 phone too that has nice specs... like a 10MP camera... But its still LG
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > General Windows Phone 7 Discussions