PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > General Windows Phone 7 Discussions

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2010, 10:54 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2 Metro Pcs WAP MMS Youtube
Carrier: Metro PCS

pimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Will windows phone 7 os suck or be good u think?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley762 View Post
Spec's are nice but it's LG . I am just a die hard HTC fan. WP7 Still has me on the fence, Personally I think the UI is horrible looking but thats just me.

I really Hope there are going to be more UI options for it but its honestly to early to make judgment on it. What Microsoft is doing with WP7 is what people have been screaming for, for years. people have been moaning and complaining for along time saying that WM needs a makeover and thats just what what they have done.

The best thing I can suggest with WP7 is just be patient, if you can't go find something else to tide you over till its out in the wild and we get are hands on phone's running it and that's really going to be how we truly know if its going to be a star or flop.
+1 and screen is to small on that LG, coming from a tp2, screen would be hard to adjust to IMO

HTC's I have Full Flashed To Metro. (I define Full Flash as Phone, Text, Picture Message, Email, and youtube, GPS on some) Diamond,Touch Pro,Imagio, Touch Pro 2
I BUY SOME BROKEN PHONES TOO!! PM ME
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-24-2010, 10:56 PM
Old Dirty Jamaican
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon
Carrier: Sprint

Wesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimpsuprazx View Post
+1 and screen is to small on that LG, coming from a tp2, screen would be hard to adjust to IMO
Honestly I am sold on 4.3 inch screens, so its 4.3 or bust for me in the future.

Old 06-24-2010, 11:08 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2 Metro Pcs WAP MMS Youtube
Carrier: Metro PCS

pimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley762 View Post
Honestly I am sold on 4.3 inch screens, so its 4.3 or bust for me in the future.
I agree, but disagree, I'm not sure if the set standard for competition of devices would be now 4.3", but I would be okay with at least a 4.0" screen and a keyboard similar to the tp2's size, but a layout more like the old touch pro's one. To much to ask I'm sure, but thats what I want, and a minimum of a 1GHz processor and more ram
Old 06-25-2010, 02:02 AM
PPCGeeks Ladies Man
Pocket PC: HTC Evo & TP2
Carrier: SpRinT

JDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to JDM_SOHC

Quote:
Originally Posted by muyoso View Post
Android is the new Windows Mobile. WP7 might catch up to android in a few generations/years, but right now, anyone who considers themselves a phone geek is going to want to mosey on over to Android. Android has the second largest application market with a majority of its apps being free. Android is fully customizable and almost all of its phones can run custom roms. WP7 is going to take a while to catch up.
You forgot to mention Android needing as much tweaking as WM to run fully stable... I think right now WM6.5 with some flashing/modding is where it's at... My phone with the new MightyROM and CHT is just fine and run's perfect and since I doubt they're gonna make us recycle our WM65 phones when WP7 drops I'll still probably be rocking a TP2...

Old 06-25-2010, 07:28 AM
Back
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: VZW

redd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmsohc22 View Post
You forgot to mention Android needing as much tweaking as WM to run fully stable...
no it doesnt.

i think its to early to tell whether itll be a hit or flop. i do like some of the things ive seen from the wp7 demos but the ui overall just looks awful to me. i will more than likely pick up the 1st wp7 handset that drops on verizon to form a personal opinion though.
Old 06-25-2010, 08:17 AM
Is Discombobulated!!
Pocket PC: Vzw touch pro 2/Thunderbolt
Carrier: verizon

Straitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to Straitup27 Send a message via MSN to Straitup27

Quote:
Originally Posted by redd214 View Post
no it doesnt.

i think its to early to tell whether itll be a hit or flop. i do like some of the things ive seen from the wp7 demos but the ui overall just looks awful to me. i will more than likely pick up the 1st wp7 handset that drops on verizon to form a personal opinion though.
as far as this topic is concerned im with redd it's to early to tell if it will be a flop but they need to get on the ball,when i read stuff like this:

About 20% of the Android Apps in the Android Marketplace may have total access to your personal information as well as the ability to do things with your phone without your immediate knowledge and permission.

Some of the apps were found to have the ability to do things like make calls and send text messages without the mobile user doing anything. For instance, five percent of the apps can place calls to any number and two percent can allow an app to send unknown SMS messages to premium numbers that incur expensive charges, security firm SMobile Systems concluded in its Android market threat report.

Meanwhile, dozens of apps were found to have the same type of access to sensitive information as known spyware does, including access to the content of emails and text messages, phone call information, and device location, said Dan Hoffman, chief technology officer at SMobile Systems.

Is this all okay because the apps ask permission to access all of your personal data when you install them though?

which was found here http://pocketnow.com/software-1/almo...e-android-apps

just not something that makes me want to jump over to the droid platform,but at the same time who's to say we wont see stuff like this after wm7 drops,personally im gonna wait till it's been out a bit before i jump ship,i think ppl get too damn excited about anything new for instance the fabled EVO,seriously how many SERO plan users that switched are just disappointed with the device,to be so badass it sure does have a shitload of shitty reviews,and i see a new EVO for sale thread every other minute it seems

when a phone "first of it's kind" drops ppl are hit with shock and awe!! in reality they are lured into buying a demo phone IMO,less than 4 months after something like the EVO drops is when you will see the stable devices start appearing that will have most issues nipped in the butt,i feel the same way with first model wm7 devices,im gonna wait till it's been out a minute to see how things pan out first,but as a few others have posted if it is what they are making it out to be it will be damn nice besides the horrid look of the ui lol

Old 06-25-2010, 08:37 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: pro2
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

birddseedd is just getting started

i feel the same way. however because i simply do not have the cash for a new device. though i did build a boat out of some foam, a peice of wood, and some duct tape.
Old 06-25-2010, 08:39 AM
Back
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: VZW

redd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the community

ive been following that story pretty closely and heres my take on it. many of the apps that obtain personal information are social networking apps (facebook, twitter clients etc). so lets say you install a twitter app, it needs your twitter login/password and it also needs to look into your contacts to see which ones have twitter so they can be linked to the app. but since all of that is considered personal info it has to ask. i hardly consider that a threat personally. thats exactly what i would expect it to do honestly so that part sounds worse than it actually is imo.

as far as the calling and texts thing, ive had that happen to me on my tp2 so thats not just an android thing. if you read any tech blog you may have seen an article that talks about googles ability to nuke an app off your phone if it is deemed malicious. they also state that they havent had to use this yet so from that we can gather that even though this security firm claims 5% of apps from the market can do these things, it hasnt happened. if it had happened im sure google woujldve swooped in by now.

im not discounted their research or even the scariness of what they reported but imo the is a little sensationilsm and they dont go in depth enough in their explanation. im also not nieve enough to think there arent threats in the market that havent been detected yet. just my 2 cents.
Old 06-25-2010, 08:41 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

another thing i caint stand. hit start, wait, starts comming up, wait, there we go...
this thing is just so slow.
Old 06-25-2010, 08:48 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

i dono if i like the idea of the developing company having such direct access to my device.

some say M$ has the abilitity to see any computer in the world. i dono if its true or not. windows would have to announce its ip to a server for this to happen. personally i dont think i buy it. someone would have detected this traffic by now and exposed it. m$ couldent activate it from their side since most people are behind a router and all incomming traffic is blocked.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > General Windows Phone 7 Discussions