PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > General Windows Phone 7 Discussions
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2010, 07:24 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

937dytboi is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Where's the marketing?

I see MS has big plans of selling tons of wp7 phones but where is the marketing, The phone should be out later this year but i see no commercials or advertising anywhere. I believe thats one strong point for apple they have a strong advertising department.

But it seems to me that things are being rushed for the debut of the WP7, hopefully this phone will run smooth and everything works at your touch without any hesitation.
Old 08-01-2010, 02:06 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

timezone is becoming a great contributor
Re: Where's the marketing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 937dytboi View Post
I see MS has big plans of selling tons of wp7 phones but where is the marketing, The phone should be out later this year but i see no commercials or advertising anywhere. I believe thats one strong point for apple they have a strong advertising department.

But it seems to me that things are being rushed for the debut of the WP7, hopefully this phone will run smooth and everything works at your touch without any hesitation.

They can't fire up the commercials too early. They would get the general public excited about it and then find people losing interest because they can't yet buy one. For the geeks of the world and people generally interested in new things, Microsoft has the web site. It is very active and it is directed at the leading edge buyers. Apple doesn't kick in the hard sell until the product is at least a month away from purchasing. Apple does the early pings to stoke interest with the fanboy club just as Microsoft is now doing with the web site.
Old 08-01-2010, 02:22 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

i think when time is right there will be lots of tv time but its too early yet, there are commercials just not in us but you can visit wp7 gang thread to see there are some ready to go and lots of vids on apps/games ect. we posted.
Old 08-01-2010, 11:35 PM
Knowledge Is True Opinion
Pocket PC: iPhone 4S
Carrier: Vzw

Carla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Carla

I am interested to see what they do advertising wise, when the time is right. I hope they really kill it, but only time will tell. Any good links to commercials D?
Old 08-02-2010, 12:04 AM
acs tester

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlaDarla View Post
I am interested to see what they do advertising wise, when the time is right. I hope they really kill it, but only time will tell. Any good links to commercials D?
my thread has lots, lemme fetch some.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5q-HtdW03Zs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KoAaVB-lJ4s theres more in my wp7 gang thread.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-02-2010, 12:21 AM
Knowledge Is True Opinion
Pocket PC: iPhone 4S
Carrier: Vzw

Carla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Carla

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
my thread has lots, lemme fetch some.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5q-HtdW03Zs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KoAaVB-lJ4s theres more in my wp7 gang thread.
I like the second commercial That thread is to big for me to try and look through! Thanks for the links.
Old 08-02-2010, 12:36 AM
acs tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlaDarla View Post
I like the second commercial That thread is to big for me to try and look through! Thanks for the links.
ya i agree, first one wont be that long i hope.
Old 08-02-2010, 10:44 AM
Rockin' the Red!!
Pocket PC: 1.31.11Neo -- FRX06
Carrier: Sero

Recursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIP

They may have spent so much on settling cases and on attorney fees that they need to save up for marketing...

See the last couple of sentences...
http://www.theflyonthewall.com/perma...;MSFTid1196881

Old 08-02-2010, 12:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

Tim Smith is keeping up the good workTim Smith is keeping up the good work

The phone is now supposedly coming out here in November. So it wouldn't make sense to start advertising until at least September for that. But realistically they could start the "viral campaign" attempts two months out and then a month out start pushing it hardcore via commercials and ads. This is a marathon though, not a sprint so they're obviously focused more on long term success as opposed to a big opening and huge drop.
Old 08-28-2010, 10:05 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

timezone is becoming a great contributor

Recently there have been articles about the marketing of the phone. I don't remember the dollar amount but it will be one of the biggest if not the biggest campaign Microsoft has ever executed. When it starts it will be impossible to watch a TV program without seeing a commercial about the phone. Fasten your seatbelts because this is going to be one monster campaign.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > General Windows Phone 7 Discussions