PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > General Windows Phone 7 Discussions
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2010, 03:16 PM
Just call me Dr. Doctor
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: Bitch ass, big red

mlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Copy & Paste on Windows Phone 7 Likely Confirmed

Check it out here: http://www.xda-developers.com/window...ely-confirmed/

I know a lot of people are disappointed in the looks of WP7 but personally, I can't wait to give it a go. With the progress MS made in Windows 7 I have faith they will not disappoint with their new mobile OS.
Old 05-09-2010, 03:45 AM
truth mirror
Pocket PC: N Deuce
Carrier: Sprint

w7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: Copy & Paste on Windows Phone 7 Likely Confirmed

Ill be waiting....
Old 05-10-2010, 10:55 AM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha
Pocket PC: iPhone 5... Y Que?
Carrier: Esprin'

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

I started my WP7 piggy bank...
Now just waiting to see which phone Sprint gets.
p.
Old 05-10-2010, 12:01 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: touch pro, tp2, epic, evo x2
Carrier: D/\SH_SPEED

D/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlin View Post
Check it out here: http://www.xda-developers.com/window...ely-confirmed/

I know a lot of people are disappointed in the looks of WP7 but personally, I can't wait to give it a go. With the progress MS made in Windows 7 I have faith they will not disappoint with their new mobile OS.
yea but does that fox no storage card slot, no backwards compatibility, to installs from cab files only market, possibly no cusotm roms sicne done through windows update, etc... seems like they might have taken all the fun away from the device. (the early versions of the user interface also have been confirmed by microsoft not to have copy paste but the latter will.)
Old 05-10-2010, 12:29 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha
Pocket PC: iPhone 5... Y Que?
Carrier: Esprin'

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by D/\SH View Post
yea but does that fox no storage card slot, no backwards compatibility, to installs from cab files only market, possibly no cusotm roms sicne done through windows update, etc... seems like they might have taken all the fun away from the device. (the early versions of the user interface also have been confirmed by microsoft not to have copy paste but the latter will.)
With a minimum 8gb internal and 16gb available... Plus cloud storage... I don't think many of us will be complaining... I have a 16gb card in my phone now and it's filled with useless crap. Like almost a gig worth of cabs and music I don't even listen to since I got Slacker radio and nanoGroove.
Not to mention the fact that you WILL be able to change out the memory card. If you aren't scared to do so.
Backwards compatibility will only affect those who have purchased expensive applications. I try to keep my apps to freeware but I can see it being a problem for some.
And... I can't remember the last time I had to copy and paste but if I had to guess it was when I had to copy a url into an email. I usually have access to paper and pen. Not a biggie for me. I'm sure there'll be apps to help with that too.
I'm ready for WP7.
p.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-10-2010, 03:47 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

testacon is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartestacon is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartestacon is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I don't think the problem with copy and paste was ever a problem within office, the problem was with a universal clipboard accessible to other areas of the phone.

Let's say I get a text message and want to paste a url from the text message into the browser of the phone, this is where I heard the problems existed. So within a program or suite it'll work but leave the program and the paste button disappears. Most likely another issue could be if 3rd party apps will be able to use the copy/paste features with the Microsoft branded apps.

I know it's too early to tell but I'm very doubtful these bugs will be worked out on the first generation release. It took Apple 3 years to figure their method out, and Microsoft seems WAY behind on the development side of WP7, so I wouldn't hold my breath...
Old 05-10-2010, 05:14 PM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

Quote:
Originally Posted by testacon View Post
I don't think the problem with copy and paste was ever a problem within office, the problem was with a universal clipboard accessible to other areas of the phone.

Let's say I get a text message and want to paste a url from the text message into the browser of the phone, this is where I heard the problems existed. So within a program or suite it'll work but leave the program and the paste button disappears. Most likely another issue could be if 3rd party apps will be able to use the copy/paste features with the Microsoft branded apps.

I know it's too early to tell but I'm very doubtful these bugs will be worked out on the first generation release. It took Apple 3 years to figure their method out, and Microsoft seems WAY behind on the development side of WP7, so I wouldn't hold my breath...

It's better just to integrate certain features into the OS. Like on an iPhone if there is a link in am email/text, it is blue-highlighted so you can just click on it and it opens it in your browser for you (much easier than copy/paste). Also if there is a number in a text/email you can hold it and then just add that number as a contact or send a text to it or call it, which is pretty sweet.

I very rarely use copy/paste on any platform (and I have used all of them) because so much of the OS is built around recognizing links and numbers. so the copy paste thing doesn't bother me nearly as much as not being able to change that horrendous UI with those stupid tiles.
Old 05-13-2010, 10:42 AM
Chillin' with my Geeks!
Pocket PC: Epic 4G & Iphone is my toy :)
Carrier: Sprint/PPCGeeks

GirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Good to know b/c I use copy and paste all the time! If I decide to go with one of their devices I may just love it

If you wanna make the world a better place take a look at yourself and then make a change ~Michael Jackson
Old 05-15-2010, 07:18 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG V10, iPhone 6 and Nokia ICON
Carrier: Verizon

DavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to DavidinCT Send a message via MSN to DavidinCT

I would expect that cut/paste would be available at least for the Office/phone applications. So, as it was never coming, I think it was just to tick people off and get people talking about it.

It would be a deal killer for me if it didn't have even the basic features for the office apps..

http://mc.anywherecool.com/Blog/
If I helped in anyway, please hit thanks !
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > General Windows Phone 7 Discussions