PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > General Windows Phone 7 Discussions
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2010, 09:05 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

937dytboi is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
What you want in the new Wp7?

Ok i decided to start a thread basically where people can state what they would like to see in the new WP7 phone.

It can be from already existing technology or something not yet thought of technology that can be used on a phone.

I would like to see a more voice interactive phone. Where i can speech to text emails and text messages without a hassle. Use voice to wake up phone and to navigate through the phone, i think that would be sweet instead of manually swipping to get to where you want to be, the phone can take you directly there without a touch. Of course there would be an option to touch or swipe to navigate.

I know WM had one but it was limited and not that great IMO. I think they were onto something with it but never fully completed it capabilities.
Old 04-03-2010, 12:16 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 and every single phone verizon had...
Carrier: Verizon

Noir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIP
Re: What you want in the new Wp7?

native api...which of course is not happening
I'd settle for a program that can convert cabs into wp7s format (I think xna)
Old 04-12-2010, 10:17 AM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

Quote:
Originally Posted by 937dytboi View Post
Ok i decided to start a thread basically where people can state what they would like to see in the new WP7 phone.

It can be from already existing technology or something not yet thought of technology that can be used on a phone.

I would like to see a more voice interactive phone. Where i can speech to text emails and text messages without a hassle. Use voice to wake up phone and to navigate through the phone, i think that would be sweet instead of manually swipping to get to where you want to be, the phone can take you directly there without a touch. Of course there would be an option to touch or swipe to navigate.

I know WM had one but it was limited and not that great IMO. I think they were onto something with it but never fully completed it capabilities.

you're going to see this in Android before anyone else, that is, IF anyone else does this. I have seen NO indication of speech-to-text in winmo 7, whereas android already has it for ANY text field.

How about this concept? I want to be able to customize my own damn phone. change the wallpaper, change the UI, get into MY FILESYSTEM. I want lots of apps like android and iphone OS, but not the restrictions of Iphone OS. Keep IN multitasking. I love the winmo 6.x task manager. I miss that top right arrow (although in android I can just pull down the top curtain and open my task manager).

basically a lot of us want the opposite of what we are going to get...
Old 04-24-2010, 10:01 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

937dytboi is a n00b

yea i understand.

But hopefully when this phone drops we will all change our minds. Hopefully MS is listening to us and let this legacy of Windows move on. Im with you on being able to customize my phone without to many restrictions that why I love WM so much.

Another thing I would like to see is Video calling, so a camera on the front of the phone would have to be intergrated, and if im not mistaking arent they working on us being able to be on a phone call and surf the web at the same time on CDMA
Old 04-28-2010, 04:33 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Trophy
Carrier: Verizon

Oxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I'd like a file explorer and copy/paste. I'd say Microsoft Office, but they've already confirmed that it was in, so I'm happy about that. A hardware keyboard is a MUST, no exceptions! Multitouch will not help on-screen typing as much as a physical keyboard will, and the keyboard has other uses as well (gaming without having your thumbs take up 90% of what you should be looking at).

Honestly, I could live without everything else.

PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > General Windows Phone 7 Discussions