PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > General Windows Phone 7 Discussions

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2010, 08:41 PM
Chewy tha Monkey Hunta
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D & (Girl's) HTC Inspire "4G"
Carrier: Sprint

jbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Netflix Watch Instantly Support

So I thought this was cool, something I've been looking for on a mobile platform for some time. Apparently WP7S with all of its Silverlight awesomeness will be able to run Netflix Watch Instantly. I'm definitely looking forward to it.
http://www.engadget.com/2010/03/15/n...hone-7-series/
Old 03-15-2010, 10:32 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC ARRIVE
Carrier: sprint

havox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Netflix Watch Instantly Support

same here lets hope its available at launch

Dank-Ass Robba

Old 03-15-2010, 10:41 PM
Chewy tha Monkey Hunta
Threadstarter

jbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on rep

i don't see why not if they're already showing demos at MIX, it should be ready for show time i would think
Old 03-15-2010, 10:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

snowplow54 is keeping up the good worksnowplow54 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to snowplow54

This is cool. its something i've been looking for in a mobile platform as well. But I'm not sure its enough to sway me just yet. the more i read, it seems Windows phone 7 is looking more and more like another Iphone. No multitasking, or no removable storage for instance.
Old 03-16-2010, 01:21 AM
Chewy tha Monkey Hunta
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowplow54 View Post
This is cool. its something i've been looking for in a mobile platform as well. But I'm not sure its enough to sway me just yet. the more i read, it seems Windows phone 7 is looking more and more like another Iphone. No multitasking, or no removable storage for instance.
I thought multitasking was still up in the air, and where did you hear that about no removeable storage? seems pretty dumb, the iPhone, Pre, and Pixi have all been hammered for that
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-16-2010, 02:27 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC ARRIVE

havox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

yeah no sd card is wack but i only have a 8 gig anyway & im hoping i can get a wp7 with 32 gb on deck so i can keep all my music with me & did u hear its gonna have divx support

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/libr...8VS.92%29.aspx
Old 03-16-2010, 03:27 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG V10, iPhone 6 and Nokia ICON
Carrier: Verizon

DavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to DavidinCT Send a message via MSN to DavidinCT

If this comes true....I might re-sign up for NetFlix (canceled because Watch Instantly has no HD on the PC).

The no SD card is going to be huge tho...almost a deal breaker for me...unless the lower end models come with 120gb...

http://mc.anywherecool.com/Blog/
If I helped in anyway, please hit thanks !
Old 03-16-2010, 03:48 AM
Chewy tha Monkey Hunta
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidinCT View Post
If this comes true....I might re-sign up for NetFlix (canceled because Watch Instantly has no HD on the PC).

The no SD card is going to be huge tho...almost a deal breaker for me...unless the lower end models come with 120gb...
that's what i was thinking, with no expandable the manufacturers better be ready to shovel memory in there to keep me interested, and i hope no one gets the brilliant idea of integrating the memory card like HTC did with the Diamond, too many problems to be dealt with
minimum spec is 8GB, which yeah is quite a bit but i don't like the claustrophobic feeling that come from limited memory, it didn't take me long to fill up the Pre i had
Old 03-16-2010, 03:00 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG V10, iPhone 6 and Nokia ICON
Carrier: Verizon

DavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to DavidinCT Send a message via MSN to DavidinCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbearamus View Post
that's what i was thinking, with no expandable the manufacturers better be ready to shovel memory in there to keep me interested.....minimum spec is 8GB...
Does MS have a clue here ? In the real world, how much can you really fit in 8gb ? Sure maybe a few hours of music but, a minium should be 16gb and even that has it's limits.

It needs to have expandable memory, I can see it now... buy a $500+ phone then send it out to a 3rd party to add another 8gb to it for $200...

I remember this on one of my older PocketPC PDAs...
Old 03-16-2010, 03:18 PM
Chewy tha Monkey Hunta
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidinCT View Post
Does MS have a clue here ? In the real world, how much can you really fit in 8gb ?
thats what concerns me, with all these full featured apps, 3d games, netflix, etc how long is it going to take to fill up 8gb? seems to me not much, especially if we're going to load our own stuff on there too
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > General Windows Phone 7 Discussions