PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > General Windows Phone 7 Discussions

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2010, 06:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

cyclical is keeping up the good workcyclical is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Windows Phone 7 Series won't have copy and paste

Per Engadget...

http://www.engadget.com/2010/03/16/w...opy-and-paste/

Discuss
Old 03-16-2010, 07:01 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: evo
Carrier: sprint

correct knows their stuffcorrect knows their stuffcorrect knows their stuffcorrect knows their stuffcorrect knows their stuffcorrect knows their stuff
Re: Windows Phone 7 Series won't have copy and paste

i'm done.... they can keep that sh*t. if you're ok with buying a dumb phone, you're probably better off getting an iphone, no? why settle for an imitation with less features, and apps? i'm upgrading to android when time comes...
Old 03-16-2010, 07:04 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC ARRIVE
Carrier: sprint

havox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by correct View Post
i'm done.... they can keep that sh*t. if you're ok with buying a dumb phone, you're probably better off getting an iphone, no? why settle for an imitation with less features, and apps? i'm upgrading to android when time comes...
no since the iphone doesnt have xbox or physical keyboards, but MS gets a Big thumbs down from me because of this

Dank-Ass Robba

Old 03-16-2010, 08:15 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Treo --> SCH-i760--> TP2
Carrier: Verizon

avoider03 is a n00b

Well, I couldn't wait long enough for the new Android, so I got the HTC Touch Pro2. The TP2 is good enough that I could never understand why it is never mentioned in a comparison of smartphones! By the time the TP2 has served its two years, the Android phones should be super cool. And it won't be hard to make a decision which way to go, for someone likes to customize a powerful tool.
Old 03-16-2010, 08:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

Tim Smith is keeping up the good workTim Smith is keeping up the good work

It's amazing how you people love to overreact.
http://twitter.com/thurrott/statuses/10593003663
Old 03-16-2010, 08:45 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Existentialism is keeping up the good workExistentialism is keeping up the good work

That means nothing. The key is, it's not there now, and it's not the only thing missing. This is the just the straw that broke the camels back. They shouldn't even be CONSIDERING leaving this out, and the fact that they are just speaks to how far this whole thing has gone out of control.
Old 03-16-2010, 08:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

Tim Smith is keeping up the good workTim Smith is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Existentialism View Post
That means nothing. The key is, it's not there now, and it's not the only thing missing. This is the just the straw that broke the camels back. They shouldn't even be CONSIDERING leaving this out, and the fact that they are just speaks to how far this whole thing has gone out of control.
It means nothing? A story says the phone WON'T have it, someone confirms it will and you say that means nothing? That makes absolutely no sense to me. Who said they were considering leaving it out? They're planning on putting it in there and at some point it will be. Just like flash. It's not complete, which is why we have to wait until the end of the year. Plenty of time to add all of this shit in. So if they demo a phone and say "you can't make calls with this yet" should people freak out and say "OMFG YOU CAN'T MAKE CALLS WITH THIS PHONE"? No if someone did that you'd call them stupid. This situation is just as stupid. But I get the impression you and some of the other people are just looking for shit to whine about.
Old 03-16-2010, 08:52 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Existentialism is keeping up the good workExistentialism is keeping up the good work

Reading Comprehension, you should look into it:

Quote:
So I was told that Windows Phone copy and paste is not definitely, but that they were looking at adding this before RTM. It's not there now.
So basically, this means, not there now, they're thinking of adding it. This tells me that they didn't think it was a big deal, and after seeing all of the big effing deal people are making they are going, "oh shit! Say something to shut them up." So they throw out something non-comittal to get people to simmer down, and people like you buy it hook, line and sinker. Maybe they will add it before release, but the fact that it's not there to begin says a lot.

Last edited by Existentialism; 03-16-2010 at 09:01 PM.
Old 03-16-2010, 08:54 PM
╚════════════════╝
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 & HTC Hero

jethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to jethro_static

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Smith View Post
It's amazing how you people love to overreact.
http://twitter.com/thurrott/statuses/10593003663
Why do we have to take his word instead of engadget's interview with the MS employee? Is he something special or your on denial?

Yup, I agree this means nothing. Came from a random site owner that you prolly never visited the site. Came from Twitter of all sources. Said that he was told. By who? God? LMAO!

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=15833021835

Last edited by jethro_static; 03-16-2010 at 09:02 PM.
Old 03-16-2010, 08:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic

obamaftw08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularobamaftw08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularobamaftw08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularobamaftw08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Smith View Post
It means nothing? A story says the phone WON'T have it, someone confirms it will and you say that means nothing? That makes absolutely no sense to me. Who said they were considering leaving it out? They're planning on putting it in there and at some point it will be. Just like flash. It's not complete, which is why we have to wait until the end of the year. Plenty of time to add all of this shit in. So if they demo a phone and say "you can't make calls with this yet" should people freak out and say "OMFG YOU CAN'T MAKE CALLS WITH THIS PHONE"? No if someone did that you'd call them stupid. This situation is just as stupid. But I get the impression you and some of the other people are just looking for shit to whine about.
jajajaja pwnt sir.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > General Windows Phone 7 Discussions