PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > General Windows Phone 7 Discussions

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2010, 02:01 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Nexus S 4G
Carrier: Sprint

mizofizo is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to mizofizo
Re: Windows Phone 7 Series won't have copy and paste

I'm still trying to figure out a scenario in which I personally would need copy and paste since I don't do it right now...

Don't get me wrong, it's nice to have as an option and it will be there eventually.

I really think that their intelligent sensing of text will cover a majority of what people use copy and paste for. An example: If you have an address in a e-mail and you want to see it on a map, you just tap the address. No CnP needed.
Old 03-17-2010, 02:57 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC ARRIVE
Carrier: sprint

havox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizofizo View Post
I'm still trying to figure out a scenario in which I personally would need copy and paste since I don't do it right now...

Don't get me wrong, it's nice to have as an option and it will be there eventually.

I really think that their intelligent sensing of text will cover a majority of what people use copy and paste for. An example: If you have an address in a e-mail and you want to see it on a map, you just tap the address. No CnP needed.
im with you, i rarely use copy & paste but i still think it should be there, there is absolutly no upside to not having it

Copy & paste is like a toaster i never use it but i still have 1 cuz you never know when you will need to make some toaster strudels

Dank-Ass Robba

Old 03-17-2010, 08:56 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

hellraiser_osu knows their stuffhellraiser_osu knows their stuffhellraiser_osu knows their stuffhellraiser_osu knows their stuffhellraiser_osu knows their stuffhellraiser_osu knows their stuff

OK I'm friends with the Microsoft Architect Evangelist here in Columbus, Ohio and I've been having discussions with him about this as well as how disappointed I was in copy & paste.. His response to me was there's a lot of internal discussions on it has to be there.. so we'll see. He did say well at least we can do OTA updates with it and not rely on carriers and OEMs to do it so it won't be hard to get it in if it doesn't make it during launch.

Also, the reasoning for removal of storage capabilities.. in his words.. same reason Zune is without it.. DRM. Once they put Zune functionality in it they had to remove it. I would've just segmented it myself and made it so only Zune items can be accessed on the internal memory while keeping the storage card as an option and separate if that was the case . Then again, people would complain about not being able to save media on their storage card.
Old 03-17-2010, 08:25 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Telus

VelJharig is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellraiser_osu View Post
Also, the reasoning for removal of storage capabilities.. in his words.. same reason Zune is without it.. DRM. Once they put Zune functionality in it they had to remove it. I would've just segmented it myself and made it so only Zune items can be accessed on the internal memory while keeping the storage card as an option and separate if that was the case . Then again, people would complain about not being able to save media on their storage card.
And that one makes sense... nasty, but it makes sense finally. Was trying to figure out why MS would decide "you don't need that" all of a sudden. They'd better have manufacturers that decide to put 64+ GB in their high-end versions of the phones then. The first thing I run out of with a new phone is storage... and usually in the first year of use.

That or an acceptable alternative would be: "This isn't user-replaceable storage because you have to remove this screw right here to get to the microSD slot... *wink, wink, nudge, nudge*", much like Sony does with their region encoding on DVD players.
Old 03-18-2010, 04:22 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible
Carrier: Verizon

Weapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Existentialism View Post
That means nothing. The key is, it's not there now, and it's not the only thing missing. This is the just the straw that broke the camels back. They shouldn't even be CONSIDERING leaving this out, and the fact that they are just speaks to how far this whole thing has gone out of control.
I couldnt have said it better myself...no really, I couldnt have.

Understandably from the reviews WP7 is getting into the social aspect of things, so in some regards I have a feeling that Microsoft is thinking "very few in social media uses C/P, and those that do use it rarely". (speculation) However, those that actually use WM for the buisness end need that function. Whats next they are going to take out WM Office?! I NEED that for work dangit!

DavidinCT "I was going to say something like......So I bumped into your girl and noticed the cheeze...then she said she was happy to find a real man....but, I just cant"
Old 03-18-2010, 10:50 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

cohowap is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcohowap is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcohowap is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcohowap is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I just got an update that WP7 WILL have external storage capabilities. The issue is that WP7 treats the storage as a single drive (Combines internal and external). Thus, when you remove your card, you are removing items the OS needs to run.

Once this is done, the phone will hard reset and use the internal storage only.

Only time can tell if this is acceptable for OEMS to include in thier hardware.
Old 03-18-2010, 11:57 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic 4G/U301 USB Card

gprimr1 is becoming a great contributor

Windows Phone 7 has a lot of high points, but some major dissappointments.

This is a big disappointment.
Old 03-18-2010, 11:14 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG V10, iPhone 6 and Nokia ICON

DavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to DavidinCT Send a message via MSN to DavidinCT

No copy and paste ? Haha...sounds like MS is going backwards. After all there will be Word and Excel on WP7 and no copy/paste ?

hahaha

http://mc.anywherecool.com/Blog/
If I helped in anyway, please hit thanks !
Old 03-20-2010, 01:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

Tim Smith is keeping up the good workTim Smith is keeping up the good work

http://www.engadget.com/2010/03/19/m...ly-offer-copy/
Old 03-22-2010, 05:11 AM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

One word describes my overall feelings towards Microsoft:

Disgust.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > General Windows Phone 7 Discussions