PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > General Windows Phone 7 Discussions

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2010, 12:10 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

testacon is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartestacon is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartestacon is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Sooo anyone still left in excitement over WM7?

After hearing that this is basically becoming a iPhone clone with an Apple business mentality, does anyone still care about WM7?

I'm still hopeful for a couple of reasons here's why:

1.) This phone may be easier to jailbreak then the iPhone.
2.) MS might not go anal retentive on fixing jailbroken phones.
3.) MS might not reject half of what Apple does.
4.) MS might actually spec out a piece of equipment that might exceed the iPhone specs.

Comments?
Old 03-16-2010, 12:18 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
Re: Sooo anyone still left in excitement over WM7?

its called wp7, they dropped the m for a p
Old 03-16-2010, 12:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung IP-830 HTC 6800(mogul) HTC 6900 (Vouge) HTC Fuze
Carrier: ALLTEL/Verizon Vogue 6.5 and AT&T EnergyROM 3.0

rdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on reprdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on reprdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on reprdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on reprdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on reprdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on reprdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on reprdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on reprdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on reprdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on reprdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on rep

To be honest im tired of wimo...i love my tp and tp2. But they have absolutely no innovation. They copied other devs thats it. I have an unlocked iphone and if thats all winmo will be why the heck would I buy it. I have a blackberry that handles email 10 times better than my winmo devices do and now bberry even has an app world. Winmo dropped the ball and never picked it up. I don't see winmo 7 catching up to droid, apple or even blackberry at this point. But of course maybe I'm just not seeing something clearly

IF I WAS HELPFUL HIT THE BUTTON!!
Old 03-16-2010, 12:39 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic 4G
Threadstarter

testacon is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartestacon is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartestacon is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdavidsmith View Post
To be honest im tired of wimo...i love my tp and tp2. But they have absolutely no innovation. They copied other devs thats it. I have an unlocked iphone and if thats all winmo will be why the heck would I buy it. I have a blackberry that handles email 10 times better than my winmo devices do and now bberry even has an app world. Winmo dropped the ball and never picked it up. I don't see winmo 7 catching up to droid, apple or even blackberry at this point. But of course maybe I'm just not seeing something clearly
Did you flash your TP and TP2 though? It seems to me that all the WM phones sucked at launch but got better through customization. Why not afford WP7 that same chance? Don't get me wrong, they have to significantly stand out for me not to jump ship but clearly some mods are in order to make it an worthwhile investment.
Old 03-16-2010, 12:50 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung IP-830 HTC 6800(mogul) HTC 6900 (Vouge) HTC Fuze
Carrier: ALLTEL/Verizon Vogue 6.5 and AT&T EnergyROM 3.0

rdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on reprdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on reprdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on reprdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on reprdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on reprdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on reprdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on reprdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on reprdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on reprdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on reprdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on rep

oh i flashed right out of the box but they are making an effort to make that harder to do. So if winmo wants to make a bad product worse...i give up. Why should I have to go through that when the android OS is solid. Ill try it out but if it sucks im done. I want improvment not card tricks.
Old 03-16-2010, 02:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro, Dell Axim 51v
Carrier: MetroPCS

fdbryant3 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Sadly - the Apple mentality has sucked out all interest I had in the WP7S.

I can understand the stance on multitasking and even get why they want to eliminate sideloading (granted I don't like it but I could probably get over it). Things like no MicroSD cards or no access to the file system are deal breakers for me though.

My next phone will either be Android or another Win 6.x phone if they keep supporting and releasing new devices like they say they will.

It is really frustrating they feel they have to "dumb" down a "consumer" phone to give a really great experience.
Old 03-16-2010, 04:17 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC ARRIVE
Carrier: sprint

havox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

i am & cant wait for it to be released

Dank-Ass Robba

Old 03-16-2010, 08:42 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Existentialism is keeping up the good workExistentialism is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by testacon View Post
Did you flash your TP and TP2 though? It seems to me that all the WM phones sucked at launch but got better through customization. Why not afford WP7 that same chance? Don't get me wrong, they have to significantly stand out for me not to jump ship but clearly some mods are in order to make it an worthwhile investment.
This is precisely the kind of thing WP7 is out to kill. Our ability to customize our phones to the degree we want them because god forbid dumbass iPhone users do something to slow down their phone and whine and bitch about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdbryant3 View Post
Sadly - the Apple mentality has sucked out all interest I had in the WP7S.

I can understand the stance on multitasking and even get why they want to eliminate sideloading (granted I don't like it but I could probably get over it). Things like no MicroSD cards or no access to the file system are deal breakers for me though.

My next phone will either be Android or another Win 6.x phone if they keep supporting and releasing new devices like they say they will.

It is really frustrating they feel they have to "dumb" down a "consumer" phone to give a really great experience.

What's so frustrating about it is that there is no real reason to do this. All they had to is build it this way by default, then add a little section in the settings that enables advanced functionality and turns off the stupid locks for advanced users. Put a little disclaimer in there stating that messing with that stuff may affect the experience and performance of your phone, then a few on off switches. Enable file system access, enable skinning of OS, enable changing of deafult apps, enable sideloading of apps, enable multi-tasking, enable copy and paste. Then allow memory card slots, because there is NO reason not to allow them whatsoever and maybe a downloadable WM6.5 emulator app like XP Mode for windows 7 and you now have the greatest mobile operating system of all time, BY FAR.
Old 03-17-2010, 12:54 PM
The EVO Guru
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

brownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

Funny part about it is for all of the people that bash the likeness of the iphone there are probably 5 to each 1 of you that will be all for it and then some. That's the main reason MS wont care about your dislikes.
Old 03-17-2010, 12:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Nexus S 4G

mizofizo is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to mizofizo

I'm looking forward to it still. I'll be getting the first device on Sprint on Day 1!
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > General Windows Phone 7 Discussions