PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > General Windows Phone 7 Discussions
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-20-2010, 07:22 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung epic + Samsung galaxy Tab
Carrier: sprint

ajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: WP7 coming to Sprint???

my bosses today told me sprint still plans on releasing their windows phone 7's this year.
Old 09-20-2010, 08:50 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG V10, iPhone 6 and Nokia ICON
Carrier: Verizon

DavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to DavidinCT Send a message via MSN to DavidinCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajac View Post
my bosses today told me sprint still plans on releasing their windows phone 7's this year.
It would nice if they do that but, after Microsoft's quote and the fact that we have not even seen leaks or companies talking about upcomiming phones in CDMA, I would not count on it.

Just like now, GSM phones are going to be released in around a month and there is 7 models at least that is publicly shown or talked about. Where is the talk of CDMA phones....no where...

Not trying to question you or your source but, with out proof, there is nothing solid to count on.

If Sprint releases them soon, maybe Verizon will follow..

http://mc.anywherecool.com/Blog/
If I helped in anyway, please hit thanks !
Old 09-20-2010, 08:59 PM
VIP Member

ajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidinCT View Post
It would nice if they do that but, after Microsoft's quote and the fact that we have not even seen leaks or companies talking about upcomiming phones in CDMA, I would not count on it.

Just like now, GSM phones are going to be released in around a month and there is 7 models at least that is publicly shown or talked about. Where is the talk of CDMA phones....no where...

Not trying to question you or your source but, with out proof, there is nothing solid to count on.

If Sprint releases them soon, maybe Verizon will follow..

eh no proof to give giving proof= loose job so yeah lol

verizon wont for sure. They and Microsoft currently have very bad blood between the 2.
Old 09-21-2010, 11:11 AM
The EVO Guru
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

brownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

Verizon has already said in so many words screw wp7 they are riding android next year so I wouldnt count on that one. As far as one coming to Sprint i'm yet to hear a thing and I WORK for Sprint.
Old 09-21-2010, 11:29 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG V10, iPhone 6 and Nokia ICON
Carrier: Verizon

DavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to DavidinCT Send a message via MSN to DavidinCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownhornet View Post
Verizon has already said in so many words screw wp7 they are riding android next year so I wouldnt count on that one. As far as one coming to Sprint i'm yet to hear a thing and I WORK for Sprint.
If I see other CDMA based carriers get WP7 phones and VZW does not within a month of others having them...good bye verizon this will be the final straw.

As most of us who keep an eye on this has seen at least part of the GSM release list, because leaked FCC docs or someone found info of it along the way. Everything seems to get leaked some way or another, FCC, OEM, employee, lists on computers, something. There has been -0- for a CDMA based WP7 for Sprint or Verizon. Nothing at all, so makes me question any near by time frame.

I hope I am wrong but if your expecting on CDMA carrier to get WP7 by the end of the year, I would not count on it.

As for VWZ and the KIN, that is yet to be seen when there is even a CDMA based phone to talk about. As VZW does not have any planned for release but, nothing from sprint is ether(no true proof, no offence to the other poster). It's all about one thing, money, and if WP7 is the next big thing (Microsoft 95% time tends to make good products), they could miss the boat.

Right now, it's Microsoft's fault if NO CDMA carrers have one and that means they only planned for a GSM based phones on release but, didn't tell anyone...They are the ones who publicly said it, Verizon just followed up on it.

At this point, correct me if I am wrong, THERE IS NO CDMA BASED WP7 phones. Not even a clear rumor on one.... So no CDMA carrer will have one.

Last edited by DavidinCT; 09-22-2010 at 12:22 PM.
Old 09-21-2010, 07:17 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidinCT View Post
If I see other CDMA based carriers get WP7 phones and VZW does not within a month of others having them...good bye verizon this will be the final straw.

As most of us who keep an eye on this has seen at least part of the GSM release list, because leaked FCC docs or someone found info of it along the way. Everything seems to get leaked some way or another, FCC, OEM, employee, lists on computers, something. There has been -0- for a CDMA based WP7 for Sprint or Verizon. Nothing at all, so makes me question any near by time frame.

I hope I am wrong but if your expecting on CDMA carrier to get WP7 by the end of the year, I would not count on it.

As for VWZ and the KIN, that is yet to be seen when there is even a CDMA based phone to talk about. As VZW does not have any planned for release but, nothing from sprint is ether(no true proof, no offence to the other poster). It's all about one thing, money, and if WP7 is the next big thing (Microsoft 95% time tends to make good products), they could miss the boat.

Right now, it's Microsoft's fault if NO CDMA carrers have one and that means they only planned for a GSM based phones on release but, didn't tell anyone...They are the ones who publicly said it, Verizon just followed up on it.

At this point, correct me if I am wrong, THERE IS NO CDMA BASED WP7 phones. Not even a clear roumor on one.... So no CDMA carrer will have one.
thiers plenty of clear rumors and I've seen and help a sprint one so you really dont know as much as you think you do sorry. and not giving you proof so dont bother asking. I like my job to much to show you pictures and be unemployed to make you happy.
Old 09-22-2010, 08:41 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

spectheintro is keeping up the good workspectheintro is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajac View Post
thiers plenty of clear rumors and I've seen and help a sprint one so you really dont know as much as you think you do sorry. and not giving you proof so dont bother asking. I like my job to much to show you pictures and be unemployed to make you happy.
Dude, we get it. You show us "proof," you get fired. You don't need to repeat it every post. But you should understand that without proof, you're probably not going to change many people's opinions on the matter.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 09-22-2010, 08:57 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro

bambamsprint is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to bambamsprint
I work for Sprint and there is no WM7 phone jet !!!! Maybe next year !!! They even have any prototype !!!

Sent from my EVO 4G using Tapatalk
Old 09-22-2010, 09:39 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

yankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
There will be no wp7 for cdma till 2011. Microsoft already announced it. Plus htc announced they will have a wp7 next month but for gsm. I myself am looking forward to an android world phone. I was gonna give microsoft another chance but they just keep screwing up.

Sent from my Evo using Tapatalk

Full Body Protection for your smartphone.
Get 1 Free!
http://stealthguards.com/idevaffilia...ate.php?id=417
Old 09-22-2010, 07:09 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectheintro View Post
Dude, we get it. You show us "proof," you get fired. You don't need to repeat it every post. But you should understand that without proof, you're probably not going to change many people's opinions on the matter.
we get it you you just one of those people that sit behind the computer and think they know more above all but till you show us proof of this your not gonna change many people opnions

sorry just being like you I will stop (aka adding another worthless post to the thread like the one above to increase my post count like the one above)
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > General Windows Phone 7 Discussions