PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > General Windows Phone 7 Discussions

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2010, 01:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Fuze (HTC Touch Pro)
Carrier: ATT

3DPiper is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
WP7: Landscape and keyboards!

According to this video, you can see there will be support for Landscape mode and keyboards! The demo unit also has an accellerometer, when he rotates it the interface switches from portrait to landscape (about 10:30 in)..

http://blogs.msdn.com/ckindel/archiv...m-seattle.aspx

-Matthew
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-15-2010, 01:52 PM
The EVO Guru
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

brownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Re: WP7: Landscape and keyboards!

Isnt that a pretty standard thing for smartphones now though
Old 02-15-2010, 05:16 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC ARRIVE
Carrier: sprint

havox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownhornet View Post
Isnt that a pretty standard thing for smartphones now though
yeah but alot of people are freaking out cuz they didnt confirm alot of stuff

Dank-Ass Robba

Old 02-15-2010, 05:58 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: evo
Carrier: sprint

correct knows their stuffcorrect knows their stuffcorrect knows their stuffcorrect knows their stuffcorrect knows their stuffcorrect knows their stuff

if it's true that there is no multitasking, i will be forced to get an android phone.
Old 02-15-2010, 05:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre,HTC Touch Pro2

smoove21 knows their stuffsmoove21 knows their stuffsmoove21 knows their stuffsmoove21 knows their stuffsmoove21 knows their stuffsmoove21 knows their stuffsmoove21 knows their stuff
Send a message via Yahoo to smoove21

come on now I've already posted that video link in another thread in the discussion forum. Please someone merge this one with mine.
Playstation 3/Xbox360/Wii/PC..Which is best? Join the debate!>> http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=112741
Old 02-16-2010, 12:04 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint 4G Network

Deimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on rep

lol i saw when he flipped it earlier this after noon and this was after reading 4 comments posting that there would only be portrait devices and that they probably didn't even build in accelerometers into the Asus WP7 Prototype Phones

I even read someone speculating if the device actually had a battery.. a freaken battery, lol

There's is a glimpse of Pandora App for Windows phone 7 aswell as a few videos out there that briefly showcase the phone dialer.

For some reason people think they we're hiding the dialer, but every time someone i saw asked an MS employee to show the dialer, they said sure no problem, every single time.

big grey dialer with call and save at the bottom, but you can bring up "advanced" option by dragging it up a bit
Old 02-16-2010, 12:09 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint 4G Network

Deimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoove21 View Post
come on now I've already posted that video link in another thread in the discussion forum. Please someone merge this one with mine.
Don't fret I was first to break the ice at PPCgeeks with Windows Phone 7 Device Images aaand the thread was closed down to redirect traffic to the main page, without so much as a thanks for catching the exclusive as it broke

nope mods, slept well, woke up late, closed the first and only thread with exclusive pictures.
Old 02-16-2010, 12:00 PM
R.I.P. B & Gary. 12/20/11
Pocket PC: JB 32GB iPhone 4 w/ 5.0.1
Carrier: VZW

Batman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on rep

thats what they did with my ipad thread. they tried sayin they created theirs before mine(but i made mine like 30 mins before theirs), and when i showed them that, they tried sayin they had a draft of it. mods think theyre better than everyone else(not all, but some). thats what drives people away from forums. good thing theres forums (like the one in my sig), that are a lot more laid back.
Old 02-16-2010, 01:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre,HTC Touch Pro2

smoove21 knows their stuffsmoove21 knows their stuffsmoove21 knows their stuffsmoove21 knows their stuffsmoove21 knows their stuffsmoove21 knows their stuffsmoove21 knows their stuff
Send a message via Yahoo to smoove21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deimoss View Post
Don't fret I was first to break the ice at PPCgeeks with Windows Phone 7 Device Images aaand the thread was closed down to redirect traffic to the main page, without so much as a thanks for catching the exclusive as it broke

nope mods, slept well, woke up late, closed the first and only thread with exclusive pictures.
Lol I agree it has happened to me a few times, wasn't trying to be rude though. With so much going on with windows it's like christmas for some.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > General Windows Phone 7 Discussions