PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > General Windows Phone 7 Discussions

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2010, 01:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre,HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

smoove21 knows their stuffsmoove21 knows their stuffsmoove21 knows their stuffsmoove21 knows their stuffsmoove21 knows their stuffsmoove21 knows their stuffsmoove21 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to smoove21
Windows phone 7 22 min walkthrough!

I'm not sure about everyone else but microsoft didnt show much about the actual os. I wanted to see email,texting more of the browser.. so on and so forth. Ive found a video(link included) that show us a hands on, up close whole 22 minutes worth of our new os! After watching video please share your honest thoughts and opinions.

http://channel9.msdn.com/posts/Laura...Hands-on-Demo/
Playstation 3/Xbox360/Wii/PC..Which is best? Join the debate!>> http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=112741
This post has been thanked 5 times.
Old 02-15-2010, 04:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

Tim Smith is keeping up the good workTim Smith is keeping up the good work
Re: Windows phone 7 22 min walkthrough!

They said in one of the videos texting/email and the details like that will be shown at MIX. This event was just to show off the major features and as a teaser.
Old 02-15-2010, 04:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Oh and I was already sold from the conference but that video when I saw it earlier just solidified it over again.
Old 02-16-2010, 12:02 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre,HTC Touch Pro2
Threadstarter

smoove21 knows their stuffsmoove21 knows their stuffsmoove21 knows their stuffsmoove21 knows their stuffsmoove21 knows their stuffsmoove21 knows their stuffsmoove21 knows their stuff
Send a message via Yahoo to smoove21

Lol im happy for you. For me im going to stick with my pre but im glad you found an os you like. I see others are angry at you for liking it but i see no reason...we each have an os that we're fond of and you're feeling what microsoft has to offer.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-16-2010, 02:55 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible

Weapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuff

Altho the interview was good, I wish they had actually focused more on phone itself instead of all the Social Apps (i.e. FB/internet/music etc)

Pros - interesting....some of the new phones will have keyboards...I like using the keyboard (less errors that way imo)

Cons - Im still noticing the lag on the phone that has plagued Zune for a long time now.

Im REALLY worried about the battery life on this phone. When I had my 1st and 2nd gen Zune the battery life was probably the worst ive ever had of any electronic device.

DavidinCT "I was going to say something like......So I bumped into your girl and noticed the cheeze...then she said she was happy to find a real man....but, I just cant"
Old 02-16-2010, 10:47 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO/no root

jpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to jpwhre Send a message via MSN to jpwhre Send a message via Yahoo to jpwhre

i dont like tiles. i think they could have a better start menu. maybe the xda freaks could fix that. hope comex can get the spl unlocked fast.
Old 02-16-2010, 12:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

The tiles are pretty much just widgets and there is a button up in the corner you can click to get a more traditional list start menu. But I'm sure xda and people like that will give us plenty of other options as well.
Old 02-16-2010, 01:10 PM
Shop smart, shop S-MART!!
Pocket PC: Evolte, Gnex

themuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIP

Not perfect but I am definitely sold, but on a side note what happened to Laura Foy. It looks like she has aged 15 years over the last 5 or 6 years.

Old 02-16-2010, 01:17 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 and every single phone verizon had...

Noir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by themuffinman View Post
Not perfect but I am definitely sold, but on a side note what happened to Laura Foy. It looks like she has aged 15 years over the last 5 or 6 years.
g4tv had an identity crisis and spiraled so many people involved in a decade and a half time dilation
Old 02-16-2010, 02:40 PM
That guy with the axe
Pocket PC: MotoDroid

breakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I think it's still too early to decide. I would like to see some voice recognition based searches and commands like Android has. I hardly ever type in a web address or search anymore since I can just tell my phone what I want and it brings it up for me. I definitely dont like the home screen with the "tiles". I wont decide until more info is released, but if the home screen isnt customizable and there's no voice recognition I might stick with Android in the end.

My primary waste of time and money http://www.cardomain.com/id/FireDiverZ28
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > General Windows Phone 7 Discussions

Tags
video, walkthrough, windows mobile, windows phone, windows phone 7