PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > General Windows Phone 7 Discussions

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2010, 11:02 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

Syph3r is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Speculation [Windows Mobile 7]

New Windows Mobile 7 Big disappointment to Custom Roms etc...

No Multi-Task support. Applications will “Pause” when in the background, however will support notifications via push notifications.

No NETCF backwards compatibility. This means the original rumor of no backward compatibility for applications holds to be true.

OEM Interfaces will not be allowed to run on the device. Say goodbye to Sense UI / SPB Mobile Shell / Point UI / Infinity, etc, etc

Windows Phone 7 will only support application installation through service based delivery. (i.e Marketplace). Application installation via storage card will not be possible.

So much for me getting a Windows Phone

Hello Android [HTC Supersonic]

Last edited by tobeychris; 02-06-2010 at 01:00 PM.
Old 02-06-2010, 11:07 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint

atomicvocabulary is just getting started
Re: Yes, I feel like someone just did kick my dog [Windows 7]

I might be able to deal with all of that, except for apps stopping when you move away from them. With 1ghz processors you should be able to multi process and not being able to is a step in the wrong direction.

Hell Win 7 should be the standard for at least two years and in that time CPU tech for phones might move into the 2ghz+ range by 2013. No excuse.
Old 02-06-2010, 11:09 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2 w/ EnergyRom

Ikonic is becoming a great contributor

Well right now thats all speculation. we will see it when they reveil it on feb 15th. hopefully its not truth and its all an apple conspiracy to get ppl to buy there iphones. but hopefully if they do see the errors behind that they will go back to how it is now.

But thanks to the TP2 being a great phone and i have no dreams of changing it soon anyway

Old 02-06-2010, 11:43 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Telus

Paragon is becoming a PPCGeeks regularParagon is becoming a PPCGeeks regularParagon is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Wow! You have taken a whole bunch of speculation and presented it as fact. There have been a few people state what you just have, but there have also been many people state that these rumors are not true.

As well, when you deal with rumors that turn out to be fact, they are generally a small piece of the bigger picture, and when seen in that light, look quite different.

I think it is a very big mistake to jump to any conclusions at this point, till we see all the facts.

Dave
Old 02-06-2010, 12:05 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Trophy
Carrier: Verizon

Oxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paragon View Post
Wow! You have taken a whole bunch of speculation and presented it as fact. There have been a few people state what you just have, but there have also been many people state that these rumors are not true.

As well, when you deal with rumors that turn out to be fact, they are generally a small piece of the bigger picture, and when seen in that light, look quite different.

I think it is a very big mistake to jump to any conclusions at this point, till we see all the facts.

Dave
Oh I HOPE these are rumors. I cannot believe that Microsoft would do this. If Windows 7 turns out to be nothing but iWindows, then I'm going to the Droid.

I will NOT deal with the iPhone, no matter what brand name it's under.
Old 02-06-2010, 12:07 PM
Wiredengineer
Pocket PC: EVO 3D/Acer Iconia Tab!

PropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I could not agree more, they better be rumors. Otherwise WM is digging its own grave.
Old 02-06-2010, 12:12 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint EVO 4G

rawdikrik knows their stuffrawdikrik knows their stuffrawdikrik knows their stuffrawdikrik knows their stuffrawdikrik knows their stuffrawdikrik knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to rawdikrik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paragon View Post

Dave
God Bless there is still someone SANE here. Geeze.

Rumors guys. Plain and simple. U wanna start jumping ship based on very incomplete information? Go right ahead. Ill wait a little longer.

But to add my take on this Rumor... you are right. Everythign you said... is right - ON ONE VERSION OF WINDOWS 7.

Thats right. If you remember, there have been quite a few rumors of 2 different kinds of windows 7... and im sure that is right.

The winmo7 that is for media playback and light usage and quite possibly the rumored "pink and turtle" phones will be this. Its a Zune HD with more phone functionality, but without all the crazy powerhouse stuff.

Its still more powerful than the iphone, and still has lots of room to work with, but by making restrictions you make it easier to make apps for and allow these apps to use the most power possible.

There will be a second kind of winmo7... just like ours.... that can do Everything and anythign under the sun, and still use carrier customizations and everything.

Can you imagine winmo upsetting its biggest hardware player HTC, and telling them "sorry guys, no more Sense"?

I dont think so....

I love: Swype, Pandora, AmonRa Recovery and Touiteur.
I hate: Swype (haha), 4G dropping constantly, screen protectors and losing signal in the DC subways
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-06-2010, 12:18 PM
Back
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: VZW

redd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the community

i also heard it will run mac os x programs, end world hunger and make you a mixed drink on request....but you cant charge it with a normal outlet you have to use that weird one behind the refridgerator

but seriously until we get a presser from microsoft themselves, dont believe everything you read on tech blogs
Old 02-06-2010, 12:37 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Trophy
Carrier: Verizon

Oxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I'm not saying I believe it. I'm just saying I really hope these rumors aren't true. It really doesn't seem like these rumors hold water, but since so many people have been hounding Microsoft about not being the iphone or the droid, it seems likely that they'd go that way.

BUT

Since Microsoft hasnt changed much in the last decade due to all those complaints, then maybe they'll stick with the gold mine they have and stick with the customizations and classic winmo awesomeness.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-06-2010, 12:56 PM
╚════════════════╝
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 & HTC Hero

jethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to jethro_static

Source?

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=15833021835
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > General Windows Phone 7 Discussions