PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   General Windows Mobile Discussions (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   WMDC and Activesync NOT SYNCING! HELP! (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=95685)

raygordon05 11-09-2009 11:39 PM

WMDC and Activesync NOT SYNCING! HELP!

Okay, i have a htc vogue with wm6.5 on it and all of a sudden it is not syncing up with my computer, i have synced many times w/o a prob in the past. i have 2 partnerships, 1=my laptop(vista 64bit with WMDC 6.1 i think) and the other with exchanger server google/gmail. i have had this combo with no problem in the past. i tried deleting both partnerships and it still doesnt work, i restarted both my comp and my vogue and set up the partnership again and it still doesnt work. the device and comp say they are "connected" but the device's activesync freezes up and sometimes says "waiting for network". I have also tried deleting all my appointments/tasks/contacts from my device with pimbackup. Still no luck. PLZ HELP im TOAST!

I have had this problem since yesterday. i remember messing with a couple things before then, see if they help: i enabled tf3d(used to have titanium) and i installed this safemode program named airscanner safemode. I used it to uninstall a dialer i had and then installed it again w/o a problem. I did mess with the services and stuff in that program but i enabled them all again and still no luck. any suggestions??

also is there a way to update Activesync on my vogue wm6.5 rom?? maybe a cab file?

ive also tried syncing via other usb cables and through bluetooth so connection isnt a problem. Also my firewalls/antivirus disabled- still wont work :(

Nabeshein 11-09-2009 11:54 PM

Re: WMDC and Activesync NOT SYNCING! HELP!

Best place to start if you have no idea sounds kinda harsh, but has never failed me. Back up your stuff to your storage card and hard reset. If you've already done that and it didn't work, I'd say get a hold of device insurance if you got it, your usb port may have taken a poo (I've got a Diamond, and it happens a lot on that model, could happen to yours too).

But, definately, hard reset first.

raygordon05 11-10-2009 12:23 AM

man, hard reset is my last option, i dont want to do that ill lose all my installed programs and have to deal with stuff i dont have the time for if you know what i mean. The usb plug cant be my problem because my bluetooth works fine and it still has that same problem when i try to sync via bluetooth.. its driving me crazy.

i want as many suggestions as possible before i think about hard reseting it. :/ its a real pain to do it all over again.

MrObvious 11-10-2009 05:07 AM

Did you uncheck the box about network connectivity?

raygordon05 11-10-2009 03:46 PM

ya, no luck