PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2009, 05:48 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO Finally
Carrier: Sprint

timdawgdentist is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Sprint Users the new PRL 60655 sucks do you agree?

The new prl sucks so bad I flashed a new radio because i thought my something was wrong..

Just wanted to know
Old 11-07-2009, 07:00 AM
Kind of a BIG Deal
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: SPRINT

athlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to athlet1c Send a message via Yahoo to athlet1c Send a message via Skype™ to athlet1c
Re: Sprint Users the new PRL 60655 sucks do you agree?

What Problems are you having so far. In my area I have'nt noticed anything different for the worst. I am sure it is probably done to accommodate The launch of the 4G they have bought to the surroundings areas so I will look for the difference in that
Thank a Fellow Geeker If you have been helped by hitting the button below
Old 11-07-2009, 10:24 AM
truth mirror
Pocket PC: N Deuce

w7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuff
Re: Sprint Users the new PRL 60655 sucks do you agree?

60656 is the latest prl
Old 11-07-2009, 01:16 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC T7380

Mutiny32 knows their stuffMutiny32 knows their stuffMutiny32 knows their stuffMutiny32 knows their stuffMutiny32 knows their stuffMutiny32 knows their stuff
Send a message via ICQ to Mutiny32 Send a message via AIM to Mutiny32 Send a message via MSN to Mutiny32 Send a message via Skype™ to Mutiny32
Wirelessly posted (Sprint Touch Pro 2: Opera/9.7 (WindowsMobile; PPC; Opera Mobi/35267; U; en; Presto/2.1.1))

Yep the 60656 PRL was put out there sometime this week. So far, a lot less mode switching. But it was probably because of the iPCS acquisition; integrating the networks.

Although Siemens HAS taken over their network operations now. I'm in their home town and the job postings have all started coming directly from them instead of the contractors. I've noticed a general increase in mode stability and tower-handoff handling. It wasn't bad before, just a few issues here and there, but they seem to have targeted trouble spots first. The real test will be when I go to the next home Chiefs game at Arrowhead. That's always been a big challenge for Sprint because of the amount of phones in one concentrated area. You used to be hard-pressed to get a reliable data connection and it would drop to 1x, then it was VERY slow. Same with trying to get a voice call out, you'd have to try a few times to get out. They used to trailer in an emergency mobile station and put it on the hill beside the stadium, but they either moved it or somehow figured out a more permanent solution. The stadium model shows that they replaced the lights on top of the poles on the four circle ramps at each corner, but as of now, they removed the lights up top, but kept the poles and painted them, which doesn't make much sense because there is nothing on them now. Maybe they'll put transmitters atop them sometime before renovations are complete like the model shows.

Yeah, I'm rambling.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions