PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2009, 06:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

ThrottleAbuse is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Prepaid CDMA???

So a friend lost their Diamond the other day right after I unlocked it for her. She was on a T-Mobile prepaid plan because she is from Canada and doesn't have the credit to get a phone in the US. We have been looking for a GSM Diamond to buy used and activate. She got the last one for $150. We can't seem to find anything other than CDMA Diamonds. She likes the Diamond because it is small and does everything she needs. Any idea who does a good prepaid plan on CDMA so we can scoop up one of these sprint or alltel Diamonds and get her going? I looked at the VZW prepaid plans, but it doesnt have any info on data etc. And sprint doesn't seem to have much info on it either. Thanks for the help.
Old 11-06-2009, 03:56 AM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: Prepaid CDMA???

I don't think they will let you activate a Diamond on Sprint prepaid or Verizon, but you may be able to sneak Alltel prepaid if you can find it in your area still.
Old 11-06-2009, 03:12 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

pwhitersxs is a n00b

Boost does prepaid plans for around 50 dollars a month and that's unlimited everything. Plus it's on the sprint network. Not sure about using a diamond on it though.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-06-2009, 04:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Good ideas. I can't seem to find any info on if they will allow you to activate your phone on their network. I am assuming that it isn't possible or illegal to re program the phone to emulate a different phone so they wouldn't know you are using a diamond instead of a whatever.
Old 11-06-2009, 04:20 PM
I see you have a PPC.

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

That's called cloning ESNs and yes that is illegal and not discussed here. But you may be able to with Alltel and an Alltel Diamond maybe?
Old 11-06-2009, 06:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrObvious View Post
That's called cloning ESNs and yes that is illegal and not discussed here. But you may be able to with Alltel and an Alltel Diamond maybe?
I figured as much. Wonder what the big deal is anyway. Not about to break the law in phone land. Speeding on the freeway sure why not. Messing with what is probably a Federal law no thanks. Are you saying try activating and alltel diamond on alltels prepaid network?
Old 11-07-2009, 02:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic 4G/U301 USB Card

gprimr1 is becoming a great contributor

I thought Cricket would let you put anything on their network.
Old 11-07-2009, 08:19 PM
I see you have a PPC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrottleAbuse View Post
I figured as much. Wonder what the big deal is anyway. Not about to break the law in phone land. Speeding on the freeway sure why not. Messing with what is probably a Federal law no thanks. Are you saying try activating and alltel diamond on alltels prepaid network?
Yup. Someone got one through somehow.
Old 11-07-2009, 10:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I did some more searching on Boost. Seems that they may let you activate a phone on there network if you are already a customer. I think I am going to call and try and activate my old XV6800 on it as a test.
Old 11-07-2009, 11:17 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch Diamond

pwhitersxs is a n00b

It's worth a shot. Let us know how it goes.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions