PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   General Windows Mobile Discussions (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Prepaid CDMA??? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=94857)

ThrottleAbuse 11-05-2009 06:53 PM

Prepaid CDMA???

So a friend lost their Diamond the other day right after I unlocked it for her. She was on a T-Mobile prepaid plan because she is from Canada and doesn't have the credit to get a phone in the US. We have been looking for a GSM Diamond to buy used and activate. She got the last one for $150. We can't seem to find anything other than CDMA Diamonds. She likes the Diamond because it is small and does everything she needs. Any idea who does a good prepaid plan on CDMA so we can scoop up one of these sprint or alltel Diamonds and get her going? I looked at the VZW prepaid plans, but it doesnt have any info on data etc. And sprint doesn't seem to have much info on it either. Thanks for the help.

MrObvious 11-06-2009 03:56 AM

Re: Prepaid CDMA???

I don't think they will let you activate a Diamond on Sprint prepaid or Verizon, but you may be able to sneak Alltel prepaid if you can find it in your area still.

pwhitersxs 11-06-2009 03:12 PM

Boost does prepaid plans for around 50 dollars a month and that's unlimited everything. Plus it's on the sprint network. Not sure about using a diamond on it though.

ThrottleAbuse 11-06-2009 04:06 PM

Good ideas. I can't seem to find any info on if they will allow you to activate your phone on their network. I am assuming that it isn't possible or illegal to re program the phone to emulate a different phone so they wouldn't know you are using a diamond instead of a whatever.

MrObvious 11-06-2009 04:20 PM

That's called cloning ESNs and yes that is illegal and not discussed here. But you may be able to with Alltel and an Alltel Diamond maybe?

ThrottleAbuse 11-06-2009 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrObvious (Post 1305005)
That's called cloning ESNs and yes that is illegal and not discussed here. But you may be able to with Alltel and an Alltel Diamond maybe?

I figured as much. Wonder what the big deal is anyway. Not about to break the law in phone land. Speeding on the freeway sure why not. Messing with what is probably a Federal law no thanks. Are you saying try activating and alltel diamond on alltels prepaid network?

gprimr1 11-07-2009 02:52 PM

I thought Cricket would let you put anything on their network.

MrObvious 11-07-2009 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThrottleAbuse (Post 1305461)
I figured as much. Wonder what the big deal is anyway. Not about to break the law in phone land. Speeding on the freeway sure why not. Messing with what is probably a Federal law no thanks. Are you saying try activating and alltel diamond on alltels prepaid network?

Yup. Someone got one through somehow.

ThrottleAbuse 11-07-2009 10:25 PM

I did some more searching on Boost. Seems that they may let you activate a phone on there network if you are already a customer. I think I am going to call and try and activate my old XV6800 on it as a test.

pwhitersxs 11-07-2009 11:17 PM

It's worth a shot. Let us know how it goes.