PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   General Windows Mobile Discussions (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Got kicked out of a Sprint service and repair center!! (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=94090)

mbritt80 11-02-2009 01:56 AM

Got kicked out of a Sprint service and repair center!!

So its been a few days but I finally have time to tell the story. I went to the store several times after a Touch Diamond I had for just over a year crapped out on me, and with my $7 TEP I took it there and after doing this and recieving 3 refurb's I have yet to recieve a phone that doesn't cut itself off or lock up to the point that a hard reset is required. With this last refurb I was told that I could trade out for a phone of equal quality and capability, which in my mind means anything equal to the diamond like a touch pro or newer. I was offered a treo 800w, palm pre, treo 700wx, mogul and a blackberry pos(I'm not changing my plan to get a crapberry, windows mobile can do everything a blackberry can do and more for a lot less). Then I was offered a refurb touch pro 2 from an online rep that the customer rep at the store was chatting with. I said sure, I'll give it a shot, I figure it's a newer phone and should have less kinks. Then he says it will take 3 weeks for it to possibly arrive which so happens I am a week and a day into this last refurb, and if I am mistaken please correct me if wrong, but I told them that they need to order another touch diamond in the mean time or give me something in writing to back me up, because after 30 days I am stuck with that one. The made a copy of the transcript with the online rep but refused to give me anything to cover my end of the deal. Saying that I could damage the phone and he would be responsible, so I told him to add what ever stipulations he would like but I need something in writing. He said the phones he offered me were the same because they all carried Windows Mobile 6.1, I told him that the programs, the hardware(i.e. processor speed, screen resolution, etc.) where in not way equivalent. No give, I was very calm until the punk started cutting me off and getting loud. I told him he had one more time to raise his voice or cut me off and it would be personal.

Forgot to mention, very crowded store. He stopped making eye contact and would look around the room at the walls or ceiling or something, not really sure why he quit with the eye contact.

I attempted reasoning with his ignorance, and so he said that I am stuck with the phone and to get the hell out of the store. I told him to give me his full name and ID, he gave me a business card and I called retentions there. They took all the info of the occurence and said they will hear his side and will deal with accordingly but in the mean time they are sending me another touch diamond because the round trip time frame to go to the nearest store-back home-back to the store to get phone-and go home again would be about 60 miles, might not sound like much but my town in crowded and traffic sux. After that if I have another phone with the same issues or other with major malfunctions then they will bargain for a comparable device.

Boy was I hot after leaving there:twisted::violent2:](*,):protest:

imtjnotu 11-02-2009 02:13 AM

Re: Got kicked out of a Sprint service and repair center!!

if there is one thing i hate its sprint stores....horrible Customer Service....

Boo Boo 11-02-2009 03:22 AM

your diamond does not compare to a touch pro.

sounds like you are lucky they didn't cancel your service on the spot. (they can do that)

sounds like you were hoping for a hand out

bikeandestroyx 11-02-2009 03:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boo Boo (Post 1289217)

sounds like you are lucky they didn't cancel your service on the spot. (they can do that)

Hows that? He wanted a written note so he could get the touch pro 2 and not be screwed over like they would probably do. Having a rep tell you to get the hell out is definately not professional, even if the customer is being rude [im not saying he was].

imtjnotu 11-02-2009 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boo Boo (Post 1289217)

have u ever dealt with a sprint service rep in the store when ur phone broke? i went threw 5 TP's and each time they said it was how i handled them yet there were no scratches and i had a Zagg on every one....

mbritt80 11-02-2009 08:58 AM

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boo Boo

nope, no hand out, just a working phone that didn't downgrade me. And exactly what constitutes the diamond and the pro not being equal, the only thing I have seen that seperates the two significantly is the keyboard you left wing extremist.

mbritt80 11-02-2009 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bikeandestroyx (Post 1289253)
Hows that? He wanted a written note so he could get the touch pro 2 and not be screwed over like they would probably do. Having a rep tell you to get the hell out is definately not professional, even if the customer is being rude [im not saying he was].

I am not typically a rude person but I don't let people walk over me either. I just know now a days that you have to CYA(cover your a**) to have anyone be honest with you.Even at work I have to keep track of everything I do and keep it in my toolbox because our jerk bosses try to pull stuff all the time, and I think its control issues, everyone has got to be in control these days. i like compromises personnally.

Boo Boo 11-02-2009 12:45 PM

yeap ive dealt with lots of dift service centers and went through 8 tp's. its all about attitude , if you have one you dont get your way.

and its more right

DMWagner 11-02-2009 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mbritt80 (Post 1289513)

nope, no hand out, just a working phone that didn't downgrade me. And exactly what constitutes the diamond and the pro not being equal, the only thing I have seen that seperates the two significantly is the keyboard you left wing extremist.

With what I have seen, that could actually be considered a downgrade.. with so many TP keyboards failing.

mbritt80 11-02-2009 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boo Boo (Post 1290069)
yeap ive dealt with lots of dift service centers and went through 8 tp's. its all about attitude , if you have one you dont get your way.

and its more right

So what I am getting from your opinion is that you think if a rep is talking crap,like raising their voice and cutting me off in mid sentence, that I should just take it, even though I feel they are trying to pull one over on me?