PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2009, 06:31 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

rashire is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to rashire
Windows 7 Sync Issues

I've been having issues for a few weeks trying to sync my phone with my new Windows 7 computer. I've looked all around for solutions with no results so with the recent front page listing of p55 issues with iPhone and on advice from BigDiesel07 I'm posting here in hopes I can finally resolve this issue.

Phone:
HTC Touch Pro (RAPH800) on Sprint
Issue was initially with MightyROM6 (WM 6.5) flashed, but persisted after flashing to EnergyROM (WM6.5.1 23081)

PC:
Mobo: Gigabyte GA-P55UD4P
CPU: Intel i7 860
RAM: 8 GB ddr3 1600 Corsair Dominator
(I can list the rest if anyone deems a piece relevant)

In my quest to resolve my issues I have re-flashed my phone upwards of 5 times, and reformatted my computer once. All resulting in the same issue.

I plug the phone in, without installing anything, Windows downloads 'Windows Mobile Device Center' and attempts to install 'Generic RNDIS' Driver software then states installation of 'Microsoft Windows Mobile Remote Adapter' has failed.

Looking at details under device manager i see:

Microsoft Windows Mobile Remote Adapter
Device type: Network adapters
Manufacturer: Microsoft Corporation

This device cannot start. (Code 10)

The phone syncs perfectly with my XP machine, and the disk drive mode works with windows 7 just fine. If I disable 'faster data synchronization' in usbtopc the Connection window on the phone stays opening trying to connect on '`USB' and Windows recognized the device as 'USB Composite Device'.

At no point does Windows Mobile Device Center display anything other then 'Not Connected'.

Any input into how to resolve this is appreciated and if I forgot any details you think are important just ask and I will fill them in.
Old 11-02-2009, 12:41 AM
Chillin' with my Geeks!
Pocket PC: Epic 4G & Iphone is my toy :)
Carrier: Sprint/PPCGeeks

GirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Re: Windows 7 Sync Issues

As my fiance told me, I'll share with you: some things just aren't going to work on windows 7 until there is an update.

Maybe you will get lucky and find help Good luck!!

If you wanna make the world a better place take a look at yourself and then make a change ~Michael Jackson
Old 11-02-2009, 01:43 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

rashire is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Courtney1985 View Post
As my fiance told me, I'll share with you: some things just aren't going to work on windows 7 until there is an update.

Maybe you will get lucky and find help Good luck!!
After reading certain things I'm not so sure this is a win 7 issue so much as a p55 chipset issue. But I'm open to any suggestions. If I need to wait for a update to fix, I just wanna know where to look for it to come from, if it's a BIOS issue that requires some manual search and install.
Old 11-03-2009, 01:27 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

rashire is a n00b

Hate to bump my own thread, but I've tried everything and I would love to resolve this issue.
Old 11-11-2009, 03:14 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

rashire is a n00b

The Bios update from gigabyte to solve iPhone sync issues resolved my sync issues with my Touch Pro. Anyone with the same issues look for updated Bios's from your motherboard makers website.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-11-2009, 03:39 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

CMeys is keeping up the good workCMeys is keeping up the good work

Are there any problems reported with Dell system motherboards (Intel Quad 4 processor) and Windows 7 sync? I've just order such a system and would like to know if there's going to be a problem, and if so anyone has fixed it.

Thanks.
Old 11-11-2009, 09:56 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

rashire is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMeys View Post
Are there any problems reported with Dell system motherboards (Intel Quad 4 processor) and Windows 7 sync? I've just order such a system and would like to know if there's going to be a problem, and if so anyone has fixed it.

Thanks.
The problem has only been reported (to my knowledge) with the P55 (LGA 1156) chipset. According to reports about the iPhone people where having the issues with Vista and Windows 7 for both the x86 and x64 versions. Unless your processor is a i7 or i5 Intel cpu you don't even have to worry. If you do have problems motherboard makers seem to have discovered the issue and are pushing out new Bios's. If you get the machine and can't sync then find out what motherboard you have and check the manufacturers website for their Bios updates and flash utilities (It's the same concept as RUU and flashing for your phone except their signed and don't need a unlock) For instance Gigabyte listed "Fix iphone sync issue" for its 11/06/09 bios update which i updated my motherboard to using Gigabytes @BIOS utility. Gigabyte was the first to release it but the rest of the manufactures won't be too far behind at least, that what I've read around the internet.

Just to note/repeat/re-phrase, this isn't a windows issue, this is a issue with Intel's implementation of USB technology on the P55 chipset. Kinda ironic.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions