PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-31-2009, 11:10 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

Biker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thumbs up Tiny Bluetooth Adapter for your Laptop...

I saw the Rocketfish 2.1 Mini Bluetooth Module at Bestbuy for around $40.00
I got mine on ebay for $12.95 + $2.95 shipping!
Fits into your USB port and sticks out only a 1/4" (I have 4 USB Ports)
Has a tiny blue indicator light built into it to show you it's on.
I plugged it into my laptop, and Windows 7 automatically searched for the drivers, and i was good to go in a couple of minutes. I didn't even have to use the supplied Software CD that came with the Rocketfish.

Here is the info > http://www.rocketfishproducts.com/p-...b-adapter.aspx

This way, if you purchase a new Laptop, you don't have to look for one with a Bluetooth Card built in, and spend $100 more for the priviledge. And if you already have a Laptop without Bluetooth, just plug this baby in and you're good to go
And a few registry tweaks
HTC DIAMOND DISASSEMBLY/ASSEMBLY/PARTS/REPAIR HELP HERE >

"They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security"
-Ben Franklin

Last edited by Biker1; 10-31-2009 at 11:17 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-31-2009, 11:47 PM
That guy with the axe
Pocket PC: MotoDroid
Carrier: Verizon

breakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Tiny Bluetooth Adapter for your Laptop...

Thanks, I didnt know those had gotten so cheap.

My primary waste of time and money http://www.cardomain.com/id/FireDiverZ28
Old 11-01-2009, 12:28 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Biker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by breakmyfootoff View Post
Thanks, I didnt know those had gotten so cheap.

How much did the Mini Bluetooth adapters used to be?
This is the first I had to research them because my previous laptop had Bluetooth built in.
Old 11-01-2009, 01:42 AM
That guy with the axe
Pocket PC: MotoDroid
Carrier: Verizon

breakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on rep

It's been awhile since I looked for one, but when I did they were in the neighborhood of 80.00.
Old 11-01-2009, 02:19 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by breakmyfootoff View Post
It's been awhile since I looked for one, but when I did they were in the neighborhood of 80.00.
Whoaaa!
That may be why a lot of Laptops are not putting in Bluetooth cards. And if you want a Laptop with it built in, the Laptop will be about $100.00 more.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions