PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   General Windows Mobile Discussions (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   What's so great about Android 2.0 OS? Or the Driod? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=93570)

SABRE STRIKE 99 10-30-2009 03:48 PM

What's so great about Android 2.0 OS? Or the Driod?

What's with all the hype? I run a WM TP2 and I'm wondering what's so great about the Motorola Droid from VZW and Android 2.0 OS?

spiritcrusher33 10-30-2009 04:22 PM

Re: What's so great about Android 2.0 OS? Or the Driod?

just another hyped up phone that will cost u more in the end.lol thats my take on it..

SABRE STRIKE 99 10-30-2009 05:19 PM

Classic...

They just absolutely wont stop talking about it in G4 like it's the greatest thing in the world.

breakmyfootoff 10-30-2009 05:22 PM

I dunno guys, I've been a diehard WM supporter since I got here, but the more I look into Android, the better it looks. I still dont think I can do without WM, but I might try Android for a year and then go back to WM after WM7 comes out.

SABRE STRIKE 99 10-30-2009 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by breakmyfootoff (Post 1279692)
I dunno guys, I've been a diehard WM supporter since I got here, but the more I look into Android, the better it looks. I still dont think I can do without WM, but I might try Android for a year and then go back to WM after WM7 comes out.

So what's so great about it? What's with all the hype?

MikeElGiga23 10-30-2009 06:18 PM

ugh.... the classic "whats so great about name device here ?" thread......

every device including Android, iPhoneOS, WebOS etc. will have its strengths and will appeal to different people....

but from what i see, this as the first Android device that has the full package, big screen, strong CPU, full qwerty KB, good camera with flash, and a whole new version of an OS that has greatly proved itself already

breakmyfootoff 10-30-2009 06:28 PM

There's a couple of things kind of drawing me in. A good part of it is the hardware admittedly. That thing looks amazing fast in the video reviews I've seen, higher resolution screen than anything else out also. As far as the OS, the open source platform that they are using is getting developers excited and thats causing the OS to grow and improve by leaps and bounds. Android is only 1 year old as of Oct 22nd, and already on version 2.0 (and each .1 version had some pretty substantial updates. Also after only one year there are already over 10,000 apps for the Android market and it's growing exponentially, Android Market is expected to surpass the iTunes store in less than 2 years. The over all look of the OS is good, and seems to have a pretty good degree of customization as well. The augmented reality apps are pretty cool, and with google being behind the OS you can bet the GPS navigation and search features are top notch. It has 2 processors, one for voice and one for data, so recieving a call doesnt kill your data connection. Those are the things I can think of off the top of my head right now without going back through and looking at pages I've bookmarked. I dont see it as being the "ultimate" phone quite yet, largely due to the aesthetics (underbite, keyboard, square) but it is definitely bringing good things to the table.

SABRE STRIKE 99 10-30-2009 06:52 PM

Brilliant... so obviously there is a lot more to it than Google Maps with Voice Navigation...

Thanks goes to you Break

breakmyfootoff 10-31-2009 03:56 PM

](*,) Read a review today quoting a processor clocked at 550mghz ](*,)WTH!

spiritcrusher33 10-31-2009 04:21 PM

well if sprint ever got something like this i would prolly try it out.. but would never go to verizon or att just for a phone. when i paying way less for more features plan wise..

long live sprint..lol

ya android looks like it gonna be huge. but im waiting for something better than the hero on sprint. to make me change from wm and the pre..