PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-31-2009, 04:39 PM
That guy with the axe
Pocket PC: MotoDroid
Carrier: Verizon

breakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: What's so great about Android 2.0 OS? Or the Driod?

I agree with ya on the Android, it really looks pretty good already and it's growing and improving so fast that it's hard to keep up with.
As far as carriers go, I gotta put in a word for Verizons network. Even out on the lake in the middle of nowhere, going down the highway, wherever, I almost always have a 3G connection. To me thats worth paying more for, if they didnt have superior service I would expect the prices to be lower. I'm not really a loyalist for VZN though, I would switch to Sprint if they had exclusivity on a phone I REALLY wanted, Sprint will even give me a 15% discount for being a firefighter. It would have to be a pretty amazing phone to make me want to give up the VZN coverage though.

My primary waste of time and money http://www.cardomain.com/id/FireDiverZ28

Last edited by breakmyfootoff; 10-31-2009 at 04:43 PM.
Old 10-31-2009, 04:47 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC INC.
Carrier: VERIZON <--?

spiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Yahoo to spiritcrusher33

I hear ya.. where i live out in the middle of nowhere sprint has a tower like a 1/2 mile from my house.. I mean there are a few dead zones.. but i have coverage everywhere i go. We even got evdo way before alot of big cities got it..same with rev.a lol t-mo and att dont even have 3g out here.. i know verizon does.. etc..
Old 10-31-2009, 04:51 PM
That guy with the axe

breakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on rep

On the topic of Android/Droid again, the Droid/Sholes really actually has everything we've been asking for in a phone. They didnt leave out any of the important options.
5MP camer WITH FLASH
Physical keyboard
compact design
3.5 mm jack
WVGA definition on a 3.7 inch screen
Capacitive display
Dual Processors (data and voice)

It really is quite a phone, but still, it's gonna be hard for them to convince me to buy a phone with 550mghz processing power when I know that the Snapdragon phones are right around the corner. If I still want to try Android, the HTC Passion is supposed to be here before 2010 with the Snapdragon chipset in it.

Last edited by breakmyfootoff; 10-31-2009 at 04:57 PM.
Old 11-01-2009, 12:37 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC INC.
Carrier: VERIZON <--?

spiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Yahoo to spiritcrusher33

last night go in to a heated arguement bout sprint vs att..it was so funny as i would never win in their eyes.. ( iphone fanboys., Plus he works for att..relative..) but I was like hey why would i go to att for the iphone and waste my hard earned money on something i dont like? they said apps>>> i laughed so hard..

I said look what i pay vs what u pay and tell me is it worth it for those apps!!! they said well sprints coverage sucks etc..

I was like here are a few things that i dont like

1. apple..dont like itunes ..long live mass storage...
2. iphone doesnt suit my needs as a phone or anything else for that matter..
3. 89.00 a month is the cheapest the iphone can go plan wise. sorry too much for me.
4. coverage. 3g is so spotty in my area

things i like bout what i have atm,

1. sprint coverage is perfect for my needs..
2. can beat the plan price.. 59 vs 89
3. i love my freedom with the pre. and windows mobile. and even android
4. oh did i mention FREEDOM..lol

that shut them up for a moment..then they went on to bash verizon and meto pcs.

lol i just gave up..

thisis the reason i get so upset cause people dont realize not bashing the iphone or att..just stating what works for me. And why im happy with what i currently have..

but most att iphone fanboys dont even listen and think they are above everyone or something.lol

ok rant over..

def gonna check android out later next year.. and snapdragon is what im waiting for... right now everything is kinda leveling out hardware wise.. but next year gloves will be off and its gonna be a exciting year for phones..
Old 11-01-2009, 02:55 PM
That guy with the axe

Next year is gonna be a good year for sure with all the Snapdragon devices hitting the market .

I'm with ya on the AT&T too. There's a guy on our dive team that has an iphone and we go to the lake about once a month for scuba training. He's on the edge network as soon as we leave the city limits and it pissses him off every time cause I'm still able to use google maps, GPS, and internet while he cant lol. Sprint is a million times better than AT&T. In my opinion the only one worse than AT&T is T-Mo.
Old 11-02-2009, 12:49 AM
Chillin' with my Geeks!
Pocket PC: Epic 4G & Iphone is my toy :)
Carrier: Sprint/PPCGeeks

GirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

For those that don't know, Android was ran on the G1, if you ever saw it. This OS operated very smoothly and this new phone apparently has even more features. It's a lot like Linux on your PC! It's also like WM because it's open source, multi touch, multi-tasking capable, etc....... I've looked at the website - click here - and select skip intro to see all features! It's amazing!

If you wanna make the world a better place take a look at yourself and then make a change ~Michael Jackson
Old 11-02-2009, 08:40 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: ex TP2-->now Incredible

code_311 is a n00b

The hype about Android is that it offers an open source software based on linux. This will enable people to "freely" edit all the software on the phone and make apps for it that are highly compatable. Unlike WinMo where a lot of programs are hack jobs and are a little more shaky to run. Everything people hate about windows (large, slow, complicated, etc) are eliminated or can be fixed with open software like linux. I'm not a computer programmer, so this all translates to easy fixes when someone who knows how to program fixes something that bothers me.

*CDMA will almost always have better coverage than GSM outside city limits thats the way the technologies were designed.*

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions