PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   General Windows Mobile Discussions (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Does sprint now have the crappiest selection of PPCs? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=93198)

esqueue 10-28-2009 09:42 PM

Does sprint now have the crappiest selection of PPCs?

Is there a decent replacement for the TP1 in the works for sprint?

I don't check phone news often but, I've been waiting for something better than the TP (TP2 isn't an option IMO) and there seems to be no word of anything good for sprint at all.

At&t and T-Mobile's are already too far ahead. I thought that Verizon's selection was crappy but with word of the Snapdragon processor ppc, the droid and the Omnia Pro B7610, I'd say they have some great things coming.

The Omnia Pro B7610 and Passion would be instant buys for me if they were released for sprint.

Journeyjeans 10-29-2009 07:31 PM

Re: Does sprint now have the crappiest selection of PPCs?

To answer the question in your thread title. yes.

isleepy1 10-30-2009 01:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Journeyjeans (Post 1276550)
To answer the question in your thread title. yes.

sorry if I sound ignorant and maybe I haven't kept up with the other carriers but what exactly do they offer currently that sprint doesn't? Verizon has the Imagio(hd) and of course the druid soon. Tmobile has some very old Android phones and is getting the Cliq eventually. And att has the iphone..... IMO this list isn't all that spectacular and definitely isn't "too far ahead" as OP put it... What am I missing here?

esqueue 10-30-2009 02:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by isleepy1 (Post 1277698)
sorry if I sound ignorant

No worries, apology accepted.:laughing6:

isleepy1 10-30-2009 02:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by esqueue (Post 1277796)
No worries, apology accepted.:laughing6:

That was a completely worthless post.... how about answering my valid question? Unless you of course have nothing to add.. If im being ignorant tell me why? What besides druid and I guess the iphone does any carrier have that's better then sprints offerings? I'm really interested to know...

breakmyfootoff 10-30-2009 05:27 AM

Well, VZN is releasing 2 new Android phones Nov. 6th. One of them you've already mentioned, Droid/Sholes, will be the only phone available in the US with the 1GHZ Snapdragon processor at that time. Then the Dragon/Passion is rumored to release before 2010, also with the 1GHZ Snapdragon and the 4.3 inch screen. At this point there's not even a credible rumor of sprint recieving a Snapdragon phone. Some are hoping that the HD2 will makes it's way to Sprint, but so far the only real info shows it going to T-Mo. What it boils down to right now is that the other carriers have what sprint has, but sprint doesnt have what the other carriers have, like the HD2, Sholes, Dragon, and the Imagio. That could all change next month, but as of right now, thats how it is.

EDIT: It has come to my attention that the Droid will NOT have the 1ghz processor and will in fact only have a 550mghz processor, still a good phone, but not the processor I thought it had.

isleepy1 10-30-2009 07:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by breakmyfootoff (Post 1277969)
Well, VZN is releasing 2 new Android phones Nov. 6th. One of them you've already mentioned, Droid/Sholes, will be the only phone available in the US with the 1GHZ Snapdragon processor at that time. Then the Dragon/Passion is rumored to release before 2010, also with the 1GHZ Snapdragon and the 4.3 inch screen. At this point there's not even a credible rumor of sprint recieving a Snapdragon phone. Some are hoping that the HD2 will makes it's way to Sprint, but so far the only real info shows it going to T-Mo. What it boils down to right now is that the other carriers have what sprint has, but sprint doesnt have what the other carriers have, like the HD2, Sholes, Dragon, and the Imagio. That could all change next month, but as of right now, thats how it is.

You neglected to mention one of these phones verizon is launching is the hero which has been available to sprint for the last 3 weeks.... But even with the launch of these 4 phones (plus the imagio) i still don't see how anyone is "too far ahead of sprint" especially considering 4 outta 5 mentioned here are for verizon and OP considers att and tmobile to be the leaders in the smartphone category. The Imagio is basically the diamond 2 (same specs as tp2 without keyboard) The Dragon and HD2 look nice, but are still rumors and fuzzy pictures so I'll believe it when I see it and are defiantly NOT available now, and like you said by the time they do release who knows what carriers will be offering. Yes the Druid (sholes) as stated previously is something sprint does not currently offer yet so +1 for verizon on that. If you want to talk about what one carrier has that sprint doesn't how about we talk about the Moment or for that matter the Pre? Two smartphones available today from sprint no other carrier has. Which brings me to my orginal point, besides the druid and Iphone what is offered NOW that makes other cell phone companies superior to sprint?

acts 10-30-2009 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by isleepy1 (Post 1278038)
You neglected to mention one of these phones verizon is launching is the hero which has been available to sprint for the last 3 weeks.... But even with the launch of these 4 phones (plus the imagio) i still don't see how anyone is "too far ahead of sprint" especially considering 4 outta 5 mentioned here are for verizon and OP considers att and tmobile to be the leaders in the smartphone category. The Imagio is basically the diamond 2 (same specs as tp2 without keyboard) The Dragon and HD2 look nice, but are still rumors and fuzzy pictures so I'll believe it when I see it and are defiantly NOT available now, and like you said by the time they do release who knows what carriers will be offering. Yes the Druid (sholes) as stated previously is something sprint does not currently offer yet so +1 for verizon on that. If you want to talk about what one carrier has that sprint doesn't how about we talk about the Moment or for that matter the Pre? Two smartphones available today from sprint no other carrier has. Which brings me to my orginal point, besides the druid and Iphone what is offered NOW that makes other cell phone companies superior to sprint?

Based on the OPs original post, even though the title suggests whether or not Sprint has the crappiest selection of PPCs now, the content shows he's looking at it from a forward perspective. The truth of the matter is, the only real exclusive phone that Sprint will have within the next few months is the moment. Even the Pre will be going to verizon in a couple months. Sprint hasn't positioned themselves well in gaining exclusivity (and when they do, for some reason it's not that long).

breakmyfootoff 10-30-2009 10:53 AM

The Eris is the other phone that releases with the Droid on the 6th. I cant speak for everyone, but I no longer care about a phone that has a 3.2 inch screen and an 528mghz processor. After Nov.6, the bar will have been raised.

spiritcrusher33 10-31-2009 04:32 PM

sprint still has a nice selection of pda phones.. while some may not be as advanced as some of the new releases coming to verizon or t-mo. or att..u still will same a heck of alot of money staying with sprint.. Im sorry im married with 3 girls.. so my opinions are based on that fact..lol the money i saved with sprint goes back into things like xmas and bdays etc.. i used to be young and spend a crap load of cash on things but if u dont be careful that will catch up to when your older.. save money live better..wait didnt walmart say that,lol