PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   General Windows Mobile Discussions (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Location of Default Windows Mobile Wallpapers (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=91447)

ucfbeta92 10-20-2009 01:50 AM

Location of Default Windows Mobile Wallpapers

I bet someone knows this off the top of my head, and I can swear I used to know once: Where are the default background images that come bundled with Windows Mobile stored on the device? I'm not talking about the images that HTC or another manufacturer bundles on the device. I'm talking about the images that are typically associated with the themes (from Windows > Settings > Today). I want to get to those files, but I don't know where to start looking.

Using WinMo's File Explorer to browse can be a royal pain, and the Windows Mobile Device Center doesn't let me browse the Windows folder (nor any other system folder I guess) on the device (I remember ActiveSync used to, but I don't have a Windows XP PC around).

I love the green image with the circles that comes with Windows Mobile 6.1 and I know it's on my device because when I turn off HTC's Touch Flo 3D, I can get that wallpaper and the other default ones - but I don't know where they are, and it's frustrating me to no end. :banghead:

In case it makes a difference, I have an HTC Touch Pro.

Thanks!
AJ

horndoctor 10-20-2009 02:10 AM

Re: Location of Default Windows Mobile Wallpapers

Should be in the main Windows folder. :)

raidzero 10-20-2009 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ucfbeta92 (Post 1247875)
I bet someone knows this off the top of my head, and I can swear I used to know once: Where are the default background images that come bundled with Windows Mobile stored on the device? I'm not talking about the images that HTC or another manufacturer bundles on the device. I'm talking about the images that are typically associated with the themes (from Windows > Settings > Today). I want to get to those files, but I don't know where to start looking.

Using WinMo's File Explorer to browse can be a royal pain, and the Windows Mobile Device Center doesn't let me browse the Windows folder (nor any other system folder I guess) on the device (I remember ActiveSync used to, but I don't have a Windows XP PC around).

I love the green image with the circles that comes with Windows Mobile 6.1 and I know it's on my device because when I turn off HTC's Touch Flo 3D, I can get that wallpaper and the other default ones - but I don't know where they are, and it's frustrating me to no end. :banghead:

In case it makes a difference, I have an HTC Touch Pro.

Thanks!
AJ

you can browse the windows directory through WMDC. you need to be in explorer in windows, hit alt (to drop down the menu) then go to folder options, view, enable viewing of system and hidden files.

ucfbeta92 10-31-2009 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raidzero (Post 1248550)
you can browse the windows directory through WMDC. you need to be in explorer in windows, hit alt (to drop down the menu) then go to folder options, view, enable viewing of system and hidden files.

Just to let you know, that isn't the solution, because I already have viewing or system and hidden files enabled.

This has to be related to either WMDC or Vista / Windows 7 that access to the device's Windows folder is prevented. I set up ActiveSync on a Windows XP machine and I was able to get to the folder just fine.

ucfbeta92 10-31-2009 09:15 PM

So I dug around some more and found the answer buried in an unrelated thread on xda's forum.

In Folder Options, there is another option called Hide Protected Operating System files. It appears to be checked by default in Vista / Windows 7. Unchecking that did the trick.