PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   General Windows Mobile Discussions (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Phones on the horizon (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=91054)

breakmyfootoff 10-17-2009 05:47 PM

Phones on the horizon

Almost 2 months ago I was really excited about the Omnia2 with it's 800mghz processor (that was clocked to 625mghz for some reason :disgust:), 5MP camera with flash, and 3.7 inch WVGA AMOLED screen. Now with the HD2, Liquid, Experia X3, and Dragon already just around the corner with releases as early as January it seems that the Omnia2 has become obsolete before we even have a solid release date on it. Just sayin lol.

jbearamus 10-17-2009 07:20 PM

Re: Phones on the horizon

very true, kinda sad but true, and we're only going to see it get worse as technology accelerates and we're going to get to the point of playing the game of "how long can i wait" well i can have this awesome phone are wait 3 months and have something better
personally i find it frustrating and i guess we'll just have to get into the mindset with phones as we have with computers, get what you need/like/afford/whatever then don't worry about what else is coming down the pipe until you need something new
just my two cents on the subject

breakmyfootoff 10-17-2009 07:50 PM

I was going to upgrade early, but with all the stuff coming out I think I might go ahead and wait an extra 6 months so I'll get the extra 100.00 credit for the "New Every 2" on one of the new Snapdragon/MegaScreen phones. :headbang:

jbearamus 10-17-2009 08:11 PM

thats the approach im going to take, im not worrying about whats out there but i cant afford keeping up with the joneses so ill wait for upgrades and then take a look around at whats around at that time

breakmyfootoff 10-18-2009 12:19 AM

I know what you mean, I wont be buying any of these phones without the upgrade discount. If I thought it would be a year (or even 10 months) before these phones started hitting the US I would upgrade now and then get one in a year, but it looks more and more like we'll be seeing them much earlier than that.

jbearamus 10-18-2009 03:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by breakmyfootoff (Post 1243518)
I know what you mean, I wont be buying any of these phones without the upgrade discount. If I thought it would be a year (or even 10 months) before these phones started hitting the US I would upgrade now and then get one in a year, but it looks more and more like we'll be seeing them much earlier than that.

yeah, i mean look at how fast the Leo went from leaking, to being official, to being announced in the UK, then word drops it'll be in the US by Q1. I don't think i've ever seen an HTC move that fast and i'd imagine this is a sign of things to come

Noir 10-18-2009 11:53 AM

5 bucks says htc will have even better devices that will pwn the htc leo by next april =)

MikeElGiga23 10-18-2009 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noir (Post 1243986)
5 bucks says htc will have even better devices that will pwn the htc leo by next april =)

yup, the HTC Leo Pro with a keyboard, 12MP camera, 1.5GHZ Tegra CPU, WinMo 7 and Manila 4.0

i just jizzed myself ](*,)

Noir 10-18-2009 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mike20pr (Post 1243995)
yup, the HTC Leo Pro with a keyboard, 12MP camera, 1.5GHZ Tegra CPU, WinMo 7 and Manila 4.0

i just jizzed myself ](*,)

happens every single year I was happy with finally getting the xv6700 and then they announced the xv6800 and xv6900. I got the xv6800 and they announce the touch diamond/pro phones thus rendering my device useless in comparison. Then after I get said device (3 touch pros) 2 months later they announce not only the touch hd, but then added insult to injury with the touch diamond 2 and touch pro 2. And now that I have a touch pro 2, they have already announced the hd successor being the htc leo, and guaranteed they will announce 2 more devices that are even more wow than what we have

and then they will announce the first windows mobile 7 device later next year...which triple time cheapens the device we worked so hard to get...

so by my calculation extending 2 year contracts with htc is fruitless! they release a new device every year. So a one year contract may be a better offering IMHO

jbearamus 10-18-2009 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noir (Post 1244147)
happens every single year I was happy with finally getting the xv6700 and then they announced the xv6800 and xv6900. I got the xv6800 and they announce the touch diamond/pro phones thus rendering my device useless in comparison. Then after I get said device (3 touch pros) 2 months later they announce not only the touch hd, but then added insult to injury with the touch diamond 2 and touch pro 2. And now that I have a touch pro 2, they have already announced the hd successor being the htc leo, and guaranteed they will announce 2 more devices that are even more wow than what we have

and then they will announce the first windows mobile 7 device later next year...which triple time cheapens the device we worked so hard to get...

so by my calculation extending 2 year contracts with htc is fruitless! they release a new device every year. So a one year contract may be a better offering IMHO

part of this problem is the HTC Europe isn't on the same release track as HTC US so we get what europe has had for months just in time for europe to have new hardware announced so then we get to see whats down the pipe and like you said, makes our devices look like crap in comparison. and annual upgrades are awesome, one more reason to be with Sprint, Premier Rewards with annual upgrades :D
and btw, i'm not stupid enough to take your bet :)