PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   General Windows Mobile Discussions (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Which OS Interests You Most? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=90810)

smoove21 10-11-2009 08:18 PM

So has the temptation got to you yet?

Ok first off I love sprint and pocket pcs..yet I must admit that windows mobile has turned me off. However this isn't a thread to bash them. I enjoyed the freedom and the many ways to customise the OS. The problem was that it would become old and in all honesty, the only things we were changing was the outter shell. At its core windows still is outdated and isn't really finger friendly.Either way I switched to a pre recently and with the hero being released today,the storm 2, bold 2 and even though I dislike apple, I have to give respect to the iphone.... All out or soon to be out on the market, is there anyone that has stuck with windows mobile(phone), that's has thought or is thinking of switching to a new OS? Be honest the temptation has to be there. This thread is solely for discussion as I'm interested in the thoughts and opinions of my peers. So if you've chose to stay or leave windows,please list your reasons why or why not...

spiritcrusher33 10-11-2009 08:24 PM

Re: So has the temptation got to you yet?

Had a pre, done bb, dont care for the iphone..I always come back to windows...for one reason...u can make it your own so easy.. and im used to it.. the funny thing is I prolly only use 30 minutes a month but use bout 3000 text and email. and bout 4 to 6 gigs in data.. thats why im thinking bout switching to verizon for the whitstone..and data and text only plan..

mlin 10-11-2009 08:28 PM

I have a Diamond, Palm Pre and iPhone, the Touch Pro is my wife's. I branched out more out of curiosity than from a disinterest in windows mobile. Personally, I still love the ability to customize and do whatever I want with my Diamond. The Pre is getting there and over at Precentral they have come up with a lot of neat ways to tweak the device. All the apps on the iPhone are cool and it has some really great games and for my use these are the most useful of the iPhone apps. Unfortunately, I don't have a lot of time to play games so they rarely get used.

Personally I am most interested in the future of WinMo, and if the Leo comes to Sprint I will certainly use my upgrade for that device. I understand the frustration of many with WinMo, but personally it is still my favorite. Currently I am using my Diamond.

smoove21 10-11-2009 08:35 PM

valid points...its not that I dislike windows,just the state that its in now..I'm waiting to see what happens with windows phone 7. I just hope that the supposed leaked screens of it aren't true because that would mean that the OS could already be outdated.

breakmyfootoff 10-11-2009 10:00 PM

I'm kind of interested in Android, but there's no way I'd go to android till they get away from what seems to be a standard 3.2 inch screen. If they release an android device that has a screen equivalent to the Omnia2 or the HD2 I would definitely have a choice to make.

BenC 10-12-2009 02:32 AM

Any move from me would mean that there has to be Office compatibility.

SporkLover 10-12-2009 10:31 AM

I categorize myself as a WM user tempted by Android. I am waiting for better hardware before attempting the leap.

One thing is for sure.... it's about time viable alternatives are out there and kicking in the Smartphone arena. Competition is good for innovation..... hopefully MS is still good at that.

Noir 10-12-2009 11:00 AM

I had
blackberry storm
iphone
palm pre
and windows mobile
and out of the list, I still put windows mobile on top close to palm pre with a large second place (but it is an impressive device, screen and keyboard sucks bad). I choose windows just for customization - I like being in control, I love the development I love the communities that are out there for windows mobile
In many regards, I see windows like something akin to linux. Sure it can be ugly, but with a ui change, you really begin to see how powerful linux is (when not in black/white land of command prompt)
I think that is my reason for being loyal to windows
It gives me what I want. And now with zenonia, I am a happy dappy camper

fixxxer2012 10-12-2009 05:46 PM

ill be jumping the winmo ship and going to the hero in just a few weeks myself. we shall see if wm7 brings me back or not?

ObsoleteE 10-12-2009 05:52 PM

I never even thought of getting an Android phone, until yesterday when I was messing around with the Hero at Best Buy. After about 10 minutes, I had to have it. I love the app store. Android seems to run a lot smoother than WM, and is a lot smarter about using the phone's memory. Go to the store and mess with one for a bit.