PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2009, 07:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint

linzgeneral is keeping up the good worklinzgeneral is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
What phone started your love afair with PPCs?

I was just thinking how far our phones have come as the TP2 is virtually a laptop in the palm. Then I became curious as to how we all ended up here. I got my first cell phone , a Samsung flip something about 9 years ago. I was always intrigued with how huge the screen was compared to other cells at the time. I was equallyu impressed with Sprints vision and the fact that I could serve the Web at work while everyone else was bored to death. I went on to buy a few more flips until I innocently enough ran into the phone that started it all for me: the Samsung I500. I bought one in mint condition off of ebay for $100 and was amazed at what the phone could do. I actually had no idea what I was buying until I got it and started to read the manual and paly around. I remember showing the phone off to eeryone I knew proclaiming that I pratically had a small computer in my hand.

The real love affair started with the 6700. I remember wanting one really bad but could n't afford the $500 cost - no upgrade eligibility. I talked to about 6 reps who told me nothing could be done to get me the phone at an upgrade price. I had a best friend who always told me if the first ten people say no keep asking until someone say yes so I said what the heck. The seventh person, a supervisor asked me "is that all you need Mr Evans, the phone will be shipped out the first thing tomorrow". I couldn't believe it and could wait until I got it. I still had no clue what I was in for. After playing with it for a few minutes, i could not believe how far technology had come. This blew the Palm out the water. Needless to say we all know how much further we have progressed yet. People call me gadget man but I just like knowing that I have a device in my hand that can do almost anything. BTW, as soon as my wife called to confirm (after my ten calls earlier)that the TP2 had arrived I locked my computer screen and bolted out the building driving 45 minutes home.... lol Anyone else care to share their stories?
Old 10-12-2009, 07:07 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: SERO Premium

chong67 is keeping up the good workchong67 is keeping up the good workchong67 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Re: What phone started your love afair with PPCs?

I can tell you this, few years from now when you look at the TP2 you would ask yourself was this phone ever this big?
Old 10-12-2009, 07:07 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2 Metro Pcs WAP MMS Youtube
Carrier: Metro PCS

pimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I went from touch pro's to moguls to 6700's to my tp2, love'em all and my moto q

HTC's I have Full Flashed To Metro. (I define Full Flash as Phone, Text, Picture Message, Email, and youtube, GPS on some) Diamond,Touch Pro,Imagio, Touch Pro 2
I BUY SOME BROKEN PHONES TOO!! PM ME
Old 10-12-2009, 07:12 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Carrier: Verizon

dgourd is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardgourd is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardgourd is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardgourd is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardgourd is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I started with a Palm Treo 750. I was kinda surprised at its abilities even though it was old. I started playing around with it and got hooked. The only problem was it had a square screen so there werent many apps. I found out what Hard SPL was through that phone. I basically used it to test different things before I got my TP2.
Old 10-12-2009, 07:13 PM
Super Saiyan 3
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

freeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to freeza Send a message via MSN to freeza Send a message via Yahoo to freeza Send a message via Skype™ to freeza

PPC6700, or if you want to go even before that; the ipaq hx2410
Old 10-12-2009, 07:14 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evotastic

scheel78 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularscheel78 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularscheel78 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularscheel78 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Ive had a 6700, 6800, 6900, diamond, tp, and now the best phone I've ever owned the tp2. I cannot wait to get a custom rom on this thing. I can't believe how far the looks and the tech has come on these phones.
Old 10-12-2009, 07:17 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: touch pro 2

rdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Im still sitting here trying to think why this is in the touch pro 2 fourm????
Old 10-12-2009, 07:18 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

blazin-asian is keeping up the good workblazin-asian is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to blazin-asian

i also started with the HTC Wizard from AT&T, then switched to Sprint with the Mogul and you can see my PPC history in my sig =)

im as anxious as everyone on this board for the unlocking and flashing to begin on the rhodium!!!
Old 10-12-2009, 07:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeza View Post
PPC6700, or if you want to go even before that; the ipaq hx2410
I remember seeing the IPAQs back in the day and drooling. Money was limited back then though so I couldnt afford one. I am not rich or even close, i can pay my bills, but I would drop 600 or 700 in a heartbeat for the right phone. Its all about what makes you happy and adds quality or even percieved quality to your life.
Old 10-12-2009, 07:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdcrds View Post
Im still sitting here trying to think why this is in the touch pro 2 fourm????
Sorry about that but it ended up in the TP2 forum becauase that what I have right now and this is where I live. I am sure that the mods wont hesistate to move to the correct place once they deem it expedient.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions